???

does anyone even do rpg’s here anymore? i mean it has been forever since anyone has posted anything in the roleplaying game forum…isn’t that what the site is supposed to be for?

RPGs here generally refer to console RPGs, not actual role playing via online forums.

We’re an information site, not an rp site. The RP forum is a courtesy to the members who are into that sort of thing because they asked nicely.

Yeah. Much like Courtney Love, there’s nothing really going on down there anymore.

Yeah, because once you start to have fun with it, it just kind of kills you. Like a shotgun blast.

That’s terrible Cro. Terrible.

It used to be lively, but… yeah, the old, decent RPers got bored, and the newcomers tended to have sucky ideas that only attracted other newcomers and people who will jin ANY game, so they died relatively quickly.

I should know. I’m not just a moderator - I was one of them.

What I find odd is that a few people sign up here only for the RP Forum, as if we have the only one on the Internet. There are entire forums with people who actually roleplay. The same goes for the people who sign up under different account names to ask us questions about stuff like this: http://agora.rpgclassics.com/showthread.php?t=25762&highlight=penis+donut

It shouldn’t be that hard to Google “(topic) forum” where you can actually get answers on this stuff.

A self-inflicted shotgun blast. You also become an arrogant cockwad before you die. It’s a horrible way to go, but a bunch of motherfuckers look up to the RP board’s casualties.

Oh, we’re getting all old-school now. Ha. Reading that old thread, I feel like such a tool.

Man, I was here when that happened, and yet I don’t remember it at all. Of all the threads I’d totally forget or miss, you’d think one with a paragraph-long penis (related pun) would stick in my head.

… and how many signatures were pulled from that thread’s content?

Two. WOW. Gosh, one’s still here.

Judging by the personalities that this site attracts (or used to anyway) I can’t believe people would want to RP here.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/

Here’s a site that features actual P+P roleplaying online. I’m not sure if it’s what you’re looking for, but it’s there.

As for the RP forum, I’ve been thinking of running something, but I always over-extend myself by allowing eighty billion people join and then I eventually go insane and just quit; oftentimes without notice. If there was a small group of people that had passable grammar, good ideas, posted regularly, and was mature enough to deal with touchy subjects, then I’d do it.

Of course, it doesn’t seem like you’d enjoy something I’d run, Rufio, and you may not be a P+P gamer. Maybe what you’re probably looking for is a freeform place where people can “roleplay,” by which I mean either God-mode and/or penis compare with people that are nearly illiterate, or have terrible virtual furry dinosaur vore sex. I hope you’re not into that sort of thing, but I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt. After all, many other people have been confused about whether or not RPGClassics is about the console type or roleplaying or the pen and paper type of roleplaying. Of course, if you are that type of roleplayer, I can’t help you.

This sentence poses a threat to the whole internet.

First post! Hi everyone. :slight_smile:

I was hoping that I could start a decent RP that is more emotionally-driven by dialogue and events rather than by battles. Sadly, there don’t seem to be many people who have an acceptable vocabulary range, let alone tolerable grammar. But for now, I’ll pitch my idea to you people…

Anyone interested?

First of all, that isn’t an idea; that’s four words in an admittedly attractive graphic. If you could elucidate, then we would be most appreciative.

Second of all, the free roleplaying forum is the place for such things. I’m sure that if you made a recruitment thread there, you could get some interest. In order to “weed out” people with less than acceptable grammar, it would be best to have people PM you a writing sample of their character’s background. I’m sure that there are at least a handful of people in the forums that would be interested.

The highest concentration of members are in the main forum and the video games forum, and so it would be adviseable to post often in a well thought out (or at least witty) manner. You could also put your recruitment thread in your signature.

That being said, I could be interested, depending on the plot of your game. I do like combat light/no combat roleplaying quite a bit.

True, but I figured that if I did post it in the Free RP forum first, it wouldn’t attract a crowd that would be exactly “qualified” based on my expectations of the RP. I’ll start a thread right now.

But yes, if you’ve even the mildest measure of interest, it’d be great if you could join.

I fear greatly all fiction which has license, and even more all that which is penned in a brand, though it does not possess that license. Next to Dragonball Z, Final Fantasy is the capstone to my pyramid of fan-fiction terror, and so I shall tread warily into a Final Fantasy RPG, should I enter at all.
–Arac’s Very Elitist RPG Manifesto.

I completely understand, and it’s all up to you if you want to join or not. I think it’s original enough, at any rate.

Here’s the link to the official thread.

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/showthread.php?t=28534

Take the time to check it out! Thanks!