Time Travel

Boy do I ever love movies and books about time travel. I think it might be the best subject ever! What are some good movies and books I might have missed?

While it’s not time travel in the traditional sense, I really like the book Replay, about a man who repeats his life over and over again. It’s worth a read.

I’m sure you’ve read it, but the Time Machine by HG Wells is a classic.

Yeah, I got the complete works of H.G Wells leather bound gold trimmed edition.

I don’t know if you’ve read this already Charlemagne, but one of my friends a long time ago was talking to me about a story by Ray Bradbury(or Kurt Vonnegut, I get them mixed up) where a man keeps going back in time, and each time he goes into the past he does a very minor thing that drastically changes the future. They parodied it in the Simpsons in that episode where Homer goes into the past, steps on a butterfly, and then goes back to his own time to find that the present is now a 1984 dystopian nightmare ruled by Ned Flanders. Unfortunately, I don’t know the name of the story.

Here ya go, check out this list of time travel stories: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/listmania/list-browse/-/35AX6D68FE9NM/ref%3Dcm_lm_dp_l_1/002-3067258-2350430

There’s only four stories on that list, I don’t know if any of them are good…

After some searching with google I found the name of the Ray Bradbury story, “A Sound of Thunder”. After some more searching, I found that the film adaptation is currently being produced and will be in theaters next year.

Woo. Is that the story I’m talking about?

EDIT: Yes it is…

I like K-PAX. Anyone read or seen that film?

K-PAX? more like K-THAT MOVIE SUX!!!

Yeah, but the books are good. Psychology and stuff like that, it’s a good read.

Yesterday, when I was zapping through the TV channels, I found a weird movie, with a guy from the XXI century with a rifle, a weird car and a metal hand in the Middle Ages, fighting against undead hordes who were after the Necronomicon. Although the move looked a bit B-rated, I had a good laugh with the skeletons and their stupid expressions.

YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT ARMY OF DARKNESS!! ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME!!!

…YOU ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO POST IN MY THREADS!!!

It’s not exactly time traveling but time is definitely involved but I liked the movie Frequency.

Originally posted by Charlemagne
[b]YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT ARMY OF DARKNESS!! ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME!!!

…YOU ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO POST IN MY THREADS!!! [/b]

I only caught a very small part of the movie. Army of Darkness, eh? Well, it was funny. I’ll keep an eye out in case I can see it from the beginning.

Army of Darkness, i guess I’ll have to search it out now.

I once saw a French movie on the Belgium channel (I live in Holland) that was about some people from the future (post-apocalipse) that went back to the present to make sure their grandfather (and father) had sex with their mother so they’d exist… Very wierd, but VERY cool! Can’t remember the name, though:(

‘‘The Navigator: A Mediaeval Odyssey’’ It’s a movie from New Zealand described as The Time-Travel Adventure of the Year! (in 1988) The bad ending is great. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t watch many time travel movies. The whole concept was ruined by playing Shadow of Destiny, which made me forever spiteful to the concept of time travel.

Originally posted by Walhalla
‘‘The Navigator: A Mediaeval Odyssey’’ It’s a movie from New Zealand described as The Time-Travel Adventure of the Year! (in 1988) The bad ending is great. :stuck_out_tongue:

I saw that movie, it was my favorite when I was little. I recommend that and Donnie Darko…I can’t believe no one mentioned that. Although you have to have a little knowledge about time travel to catch the allusions and hidden meanings. it’ll fry your brain the first time around.

You could always play Chrono Trigger to have time travel tightly grasped under your control…

Or FF1/X for a bit limited experience. Not to mention FF8’s TIME KOMPRESSION! KURSE THOSE SEEDS THAT SWARM AKROSS TIME LIKE LOKUSTS!!