Time to move to Canada

Agreed, Afghanistan isn’t a grave injustice, though Iraq was (as you’ve also implied). But it’s the politician’s fault really. Still the soldiers that were commiting torture should be charged (as should the chain of command above them relaying such orders). The average everyday grunt who doesn’t have those such (ir)responsibilities placed on them though is not committing those heinous acts and is only doing what is needed by his or her country. It’s just too bad Bush sent only a small pittance to Afghanistan at the begining and instead chose to hold the troops back for Iraq while forcing people to “admit” ties via torture. The average soldier is something to be respected for their sacrifice. They may not be murderers, but they gave up their privilege to live without sin (if they are Christian at least, thou shalt not kill unfortunately covers killing for political interests and killing in self defense. Other religions also seem to enforce such laws though as well).

But anyway, let’s just calm down. We’re all RPG fans here right? =D

Yeah, more info is needed. I have no idea what you’re really talking about. But, maybe that just says something about me.

Holy shit, did this thread explode or what?

Details
I’m not a deserter, I was discharged a few years ago, General Under Honorable Conditions, after about a year and a half. The problem is, they are recalling a guy I roomed with to court-martial him, and I’m getting very nervous.

The Marines are fucking insane. The Corporal in charge of my platoon when I was getting out popped on a piss test, and the amount of crack in his urine meant he last smoked crack a few hours before the piss test. He was less than a week away from getting out. This Corporal lost his position as guy in charge of the shitbags, and was separated without incident.

On the other hand, a guy I knew who went UA TWICE, was separated, then recalled because he didn’t pay for his missing gear, which, of course, was stolen by his platoon as soon as he went UA. Last I heard, he spent a month in jail, and he’s waiting to be separated. Again.

I barely fucking know the guy they’re looking for, except that he stole a bunch of gameboy games from me, which I stole back when he was locked up. I heard from one of my psych ward buddies that he stole a bunch of shit and sold it, and it ended up in Mexico.

I’m nervous, and I don’t know what the fuck to do. They don’t have any way to contact me or my parents, should the want to ask me about him, and I’m afraid they will mistake no feedback for complicity. Should I contact them, or wait for them to look for me? Will contacting them first make me look like I have something to hide, like maybe I’m trying to build my alibi against him before he builds one against me? But if I contact them at all for any reason whatsoever, it will put me back on their radar.

The absolute last thing you should do is run away. This whole thing might just blow over or you might be asked a few questions or some other minor thing, but if you run it’ll definitely look like you have something to hide.

Either way though, service members fighting in Iraq are not committing grave injustices. Iraq isn’t really defense, but it isn’t up to the service member to determine where he/she goes. Yes the torture and such was a grave injustice, but just deploying, doing patrols, and whatever your mission is, is not. Besides, are you really going to be angry at the guy doing things with a gun to his head (literally, death is still a legal option for not deploying… although it probably won’t be used). Iraq is just something work makes you do and you don’t really have a choice.

Sir Vimes, it doesn’t really seem like they would call you back then. It seems like the whole reason he got called back was because he still owed the government its property and they wanted it back. Pretty much, turning in gear is a part of getting out. It sounds like the unit screwed the pooch and discharged him too quickly without following proper procedures so now they have to get him back to finish it properly. You shouldn’t have to worry about getting called back since you were already discharged, it was already dealt with. However, them not having a way of contacting you doesn’t keep you from having to respond if they do need you.

I’ve heard this quite a few times, but I’m sure you know about this, or more specially, Principle IV. Yeah yeah, not a complete analogy and all that, but the underlying reasoning and the social conditions are generally the same, even if the degree of atrocity committed is completely different. How do you justify this in light of persecution carried out by the United States for the same reasons you’re stating?

bang**bang Open up, it’s NCIS!

Yeah, but there is a little bit of a difference in building schools and setting up infrastructure and killing someone because of their religion.

Eden, we already discussed this in the chat, but you’re wrong.

Wait, what? So you’re afraid to testify against somebody? I honestly don’t see the problem. :expressionless:

I could maybe understand if you were friends, but it seems that you don’t even like this guy.

DK, my lawyers have advised me not to respond directly to Info; but I can safely say I am right. :3

PS how were the babies?

:kissy:

America being in Iraq in general was a grave injustice, but as I said the soldiers that are in there are not responsible for it except the individuals committing torture (which are mostly secret service actually, those guys can be crazy). Once the country is handed back to its people, America can finally go back to the way it should be as a truly respected nation worldwide.

lol <3 You’re such a joker!

I like how

At what point in history was the USA respected worldwide? The USA may have been tolerated at some point in history, but respected? That’s just goofy. No country on earth is truly respected worldwide.

For what it’s worth, the US is a good country but not without it’s flaws. My last comment was a joke, but I’m regretting it now. I didn’t expect that response from eden…

I’d advise talking to them to see what questions they had. Sounds like you’d be in some big trouble if you didn’t

What games?

Sort of. :chupon:

REGRET NOTHING.

EXPECT EVERYTHING.

If he stole Link to the Past from you, I’d report that mother fucker.

FUCK YOU INFONICK! You and your SMUG fucking AVATAR with your MURDERING, SHIT EATING GRIN and your fucking WORTHLESS CAMO gear that’s somehow supposed to hide you in the FUCKING DESERT! I’m not gonna let some FUCKING ARMY DOUCHEBAG talk to my buddy Eden like that! Shut the FUCK up, you FUCKING COWARD! There are better ways to deal with your problems than MURDER, you M16-WIELDING REDNECK PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT!