Thread to discuss how we can start making more interesting threads.

|-P

i think i liked x2k

Christ almighty just stop giving a shit already. This forum sucks.

Literally caring about not caring.

all I care about is peanut butter toast, jam toast, and cinnamon toast. would anyone like my recipe for cinnamon toast?

I would enjoy your recipe for cinnamon toast.

First, you toast the bread
Secondly, you put a thin layer of margarine upon the toast
Thirdedly, you put some sugar OR some powdered sugar on the thin layer of margarine upon the toast
Finalingly, you put some ground cinnamon over the sugar OR powdered sugar on the thin layer of margarine upon the toast

add in peppered eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, etc as you see FIT to become UNFIT

edit: I would just like to edit in that I prefer this cinnamon toast without any peppered eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, etc FOR MAXIMUM FITNESS

Its interesting how Pennycake keeps making these vague unsubstantiated accusations about mods despite the fact he has 44 posts. Gee, I wonder why. Considering how mildly moderated the forums are, its really not an issue. As Epic pointed out, you just sound really whiny. As things stand, mods are mods in name only. The irony of complaining about this in this thread is that we’d actually need mods if the site were more active. The threshold to get nailed for anything is pretty hard to meet.

That sounds pretty good (not to mention really easy). I need to try making that.

Why did my thread about going insane get locked? That one, I was sure, was going to be pretty funny. I really am proud of how I set it up with that previous thread about imaginary friends.

Ramza, will butter work in place of margarine?

Attention whoring is one of the few things we don’t tolerate as it generally leaves a bad taste in everyone’s mouths. If the situation you were describing had been true, then the only responsible thing to do was to tell you to seek professional help and terminate the discussion on that point. Its not appropriate to do otherwise. I’m not sure why you were proud of anything as I’m certain everyone thought you were lying to make yourself seem interesting. In which case, the only appropriate thing to do is to terminate your thread.

To be honest, I believe that many of the threads that people start up have potential (not to say that there aren’t heaps of rubbish either! :P) However, the main reason why the quality is deteriorating is because of “attention” (in my opinion.) Now I haven’t been a member as long as many of you guys… and i sure don’t have the “post count” to show for anything, but one thing that I have noticed is that there is very little attention paid to the actual topics, themselves. Generally people bring up other comments during a topic and it steers off into a random chat session with the odd insult thrown here and there! (when you think about it… pretty much all the threads are very similar, in this sense.)

I also believe “tolerance” is a factor that influences this. When someone disagrees with someone, they generally don’t give a “well thought up” response (with the exception of a few)… instead a witty remark, which assists in steering the discussion off topic, as others would want to throw in there comments! (It is entertaining in a way… but gets sour fast!)

Well these are my opinions… I am kind of new to forum discussions (only recently taking interest in them) so let me know if i’m wrong! However overall The Agora ain’t that bad! 8 years and still going strong!!! :slight_smile:

I think the main problem people might have with the mods is things like that one sticky that they keep editting to talk to eachother and other things like that, its jealousy! I used to envy them, then.

Also, butter would probably work I prefer the lighter/sweeter/tangier taste of margarine though

Hello All hasn’t been edited since April.

I was giving that as an example

I’M TRYING TO INFORM YOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

SCOREBOARD

THE MODS 00
THE RPGC 01

I was going to gradually go insane and post stories about the insane things I would do. I think it would have been funny to see somebody do that, so I decided to be the one. The idea is not to get attention, but to get you guys to laugh. That is all I care about.

i think i get the most laughs out of my posts

IF YOU WANT GOOD THREADS! UNTIE MY HANDS! I CANT DO ANYTHING GOOD UNDER THE CONSTANT THREAT OF BANNING FROM ADMINS THAT HATE ME CUZ I’M MORE LOVED THAN THEM!

For being such delicate little flowers, its a wonder so many you haven’t withered and died. I think I should dedicate an entire thread detailing my plans to turn these forums into a nuclear winter, where we can only find dispassion, suffering and oppression. We should rotate the avatars of the main administrators with faces of Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin and Kim Jong-Il, declaring mods to be our gestapo and recruiting common visitors as informants when they plead us to recognize they are essential workers.