Thread dedicated to Rice-Box Fansubs ;_;

I know they’ve been halted on their activities 4 months ago or something like that… anyways, let’s just reminisce =)

Rice-Box were the guys who succeeded in doing high quality fansubs but by keeping the number of megs down under. They could do a high quality fansub and still keep the size around 120 megs. I’m doing this because I started looking for fansubs made by Rice-Box and I found Stellvia, Witch hunter Robin and Saikano.

So by doing this I also want to talk about the mentionned series. Anybody got takes and comments?

Yeah the WHR subs were EXCELLENT. Some were even under 120 megs and are top quality. I was really impressed. The subs were easy to read and didn’t flash too quickly. I was really disappointed after that when I started watching Ayashi No Ceres- the quality was bad, the subs seemed to change colour every few eps, and it didn’t give you enough time to read in some cases.

But yeah. WHR Rice Box subs were great. I worship them.

I saw the first two eps of WHR (never found anymore, pre my knowledge of BitTorrent), and I remember thinking they were damned good. And WHR seemed a bit slow for me, and episodic (ie, every episode virtually inconnected to the othera) Does it get better?

Much better! Plus Rice-Box’s subs seemed to have much better audio quality.

Originally posted by Pierson
I saw the first two eps of WHR (never found anymore, pre my knowledge of BitTorrent), and I remember thinking they were damned good. And WHR seemed a bit slow for me, and episodic (ie, every episode virtually inconnected to the othera) Does it get better?

The first 9 eps are basically Robin interacting with her co workers and her obsession developing with Amon. Ep 10 gets personal…screw all that, just get episode 15 first, watch it, and I gaurantee you you’ll consider, that’s the best ep in the series, I reckon. Then go back and watch the others.