This should worry you greatly

Following on the heels of Sin’s report on Sony…

Don’t worry if you get jailed by the feds, we’ll probably get a little block of cells for RPGC community members so we can still banter about silly stuff.

These 3 posts struck me as absolutely terrifying. Pardon me while I adjust my tin foil hat, but this is getting insane.

It seems to me …
… as a matter of principle, that any time the government wishes to criminalize what was previously a civil offense, it should have to demonstrate an overriding interest in doing so. I mean, this goes way beyond IP law. Basically what they’re saying is, “Anything you can get sued for, we can also put you in jail for.” They’re erasing the line between civil and criminal law. Where the hell does this end?

Where the hell does this end?
When everyone is in jail.

No - when everyone can be put in jail as and when needed. Criticising the government or protesting a war may remain legal, but they can go through the list and find something else to arrest you for as and when needed.

I’m not worried. I’m outside US, so that doesn’t apply to me :slight_smile:

Plus I don’t think it’ll pass.

It’s been said here before, they just don’t have enough prisons in US to put all those little pirates in. They probably wouldn’t have enough cells even if they used Canada and Mexico’s ones.

Man, I hope Quina reads this. >.>

Hahaha, oh wow.

I’m not really worried for some reason =\

*Sigh. When will they realize that all the truely big pirates use FTP and HTTP and not P2P?

Me neither. :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t even go there. :smiley:

Isn’t every thread on slashdot the same?

goverment considers stupid law that only has support of 3 members of congress

hilarity ensues

OMG MICROSOFT WILL CONTROL THE WORLD AND WE’RE ALL GOING TO JAIL AND THE CORPORATIONS WILL DESTROY US AND THE NEW VERSION OF WINDOWS WILL KEYLOG EVERYTHING WE DO AND WILL SEND COPIES OF ALL OUR MP3S TO THE FBI

my advice is to not read slashdot anymore.