This new turn in the war can't be good for Bush.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=1&u=/ap/20040406/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_32

Damn, it’s getting bad over there fast.

I love how this article describes the loss of a dozen American soldiers as siginificant and then goes on to say “Oh yeah. 66 Iraqis died too. Kinda. Well who cares about that.”

And I also love comments like “The militiamen clashed with coalition troops Sunday in Baghdad and outside Najaf in fierce fighting that killed 61 people, including eight American soldiers.” As if the American soldiers were worth so much more than than the commoner Iraqis and it was somehow extremely important to specify that 8 of them were SOLDIERS OGM TRAGEDY. ;_;

Propoganda is fun. Especially when you treat your own losses as some kind of unforgiveable sin and the other side’s losses as statistics.

It’s an <i>American</i> newspaper. Of course they’re going to report American casulties more specifically. The <i>exact same thing</i> is done in Canadian newspapers, French newspapers, Chinese newspapers, and any other country’s newspapers.