This is starting to turn out to be the most expensive war (dollar wise).

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20031012/ap_on_go_co/us_iraq_031009213355

Lugar also predicted American forces might have to be in Iraq in some capacity for eight years or more. Both he and Biden said the country’s recovery would cost at least $50 billion more than the $87 billion, including more than $20 billion for the recovery, that Bush has requested and is pending in Congress.

EIGHT MORE YEARS! FUCK! I’m never gonna et to finish college at this rate. My unit is already starting to prep to go over again. Some of us will be activated to take care of the conflicts and do some training in South America in March, and then we are looking at be reactived within 2 years to go to Iraq, Afganistahn (to relieve some of the troops that have been over there for a while), or hopefully Okinawa (to fill-in for the troops from there going to Iraq or Afganistahn). However, we have to prepare as it probably will be Iraq (the hardest of the 3). Hearing that this could last for EIGHT FUCKING YEARS is %^!@#$$&$$%&$%$@%#!T&(^%#%## ARGH! I don’t mind being deployed, in fact I want to be reactivated so that I can go over, but I don’t want it to be the norm. I signed up for the RESERVES, not fucking active duty. Tarantino should have made hsi movie called “Kill Bush”. Grrrr. I was gonna maybe try to retire as a reserve, but if we’re activated every other year or so, screw that. I want to be able to do stuff other than just go to war.

The more I see things like this, the more I’m enclined to agree for those who are currently manifestating for a pull-back of the American forces.

How would that help the Iraqis in any way?

One of the worst things about this is that Bush is really weakening our readiness and our capabilities to defend off attacks. The active duty part of the military is spread about as thin as it can get. The reserve side is startign to fill in and become the normal active duty. I was reading Yahoo! News a couple weeks ago and an Army general said that there was no real reserve side any more because of this sort of thing. If Bush keeps this up, America will have to start forcing people into the military like the draft since our military can’t support the amount of military operations Bush wants to do on an all volunteer force. I REALLY don’t want the draft to come back either. The draft is stupid and you force people to go to war without nearly as much training as they need. The draft just leads to high high casualties such as the Korean and Vietnamese wars. You want to know how little training the troops in those wars got? They got about 2 weeks of intense training and were then sent to the combat zone. TWO WEEKS! The shortest training you get now to be ready for that sort of stuff is at least like 9 weeks (Army boot camp) and that is highly unlikely and would be an extreme case.

But, it would devistate Iraq. They would just be there with no protection an little police influence.

Every day, I find a new thing to make me consider moving to Canada.

Originally posted by Dragonessa
Every day, I find a new thing to make me consider moving to Canada.

Knowing Bush, he’ll set up police to keep people from immigrating to Canada or Mexico, and make it illegal to get citizenship in any foreign country. That kind of this costs him tax payer money that he can blow on wars and programs that seem good at first, but don’t pan out at all.

Bad Bush! No biscuit!

If Bush gets re-elected next year…

I will have lost all hope for humanity then.

Originally posted by Kagato Toujou
[b]…

If Bush gets re-elected next year…

I will <strike>have lost all hope for humanity then.</strike>be getting the hell out of America. [/b]

Worst of all is that I don’t think America is any safer even after all he’s done.

Worst of all is that I don’t think America is any safer even after all he’s done.

I don’t think it is any safer after that too.

Originally posted by Ren

Dur. :stuck_out_tongue:

We’re all doomed!!!
WE’RE ALL DOOMED!!!

If everyone(I say that loosely) dispises Bush why did he get elected? Like were his habits not known before? I wouldn’t know since I don’t pay attention to politics but I’ve been meaning to ask that for awhile…would this war have happened if he wasn’t elected…?

Probably not. Al Gore and his gang are more like pacifists.

And Bush’s there because of the republican wave. Fortunately, story seems to be repeating itself, and he might get out in a shameful way just like his father did.

Originally posted by Evangelion
If everyone(I say that loosely) dispises Bush why did he get elected? Like were his habits not known before? I wouldn’t know since I don’t pay attention to politics but I’ve been meaning to ask that for awhile…would this war have happened if he wasn’t elected…?

Because in the lovely state that I live in (it’s called Florida), people haven’t grasped the concept of “mathematics”. We screwed you and we are very sorry. We apologize for the last 3 years of W. Another reason Florida is in bad shape is because W’s brother Jeb is in charge.

Originally posted by Evangelion

I voted for Gore. In fact, there are some devote republicans that still love Bush. People knew of this stuff, it’s just that until 9/11, Bush had no way of getting all of this stuff started so people thought, “All right, he’s trigger happy, but Congress will keep him in check and he won’t be able to start any unnecessary war”. 9/11 gave Bush what he needed to start wars without Congresss approval, even know he some what has their apporval since this is still part of that war. Plus, people that knew of this, disliked Gore more because of the Clinton sex scandal (why I wsay America is still very puritanical about sex). They figured a that some with “good” morals, but trigger happy would eb better than someone who worked witho someone without “good” morals. Also, that whole scandal, combined with Gore being sort of dull, gave Bush all the push he needed. Plus, the Supreme Court sort of voted him in since Gore won the popular vote (which he wasn’t expected to) and it all came down to Florida (a Bush state). Bottom line is, Bush just got luckier than any other president in getting what he wanted.

Originally posted by Ren

I disagree, but meh.

Originally posted by The Wizardmaster
I disagree, but meh.

Do you have any reason(s) why you disagree? I’m quite curious. The only part that I could understand would be the way he handled 9/11 since I think that no matter who was president, the outcome would have been the same for the most part. Actually, 9/11 might havee been avoidable since they say that there were many indicators and prior warnings. The US needs to follow California’s steps and recall Bush like we did Davis.

Originally posted by Infonick
The US needs to follow California’s steps and recall Bush like we did Davis.

There’s nothing we can do unless he gets a little action on the side…we’re stuck with him until next year…