This is just wrong on so many levels

clicka

Sir Bill Gates… no. Just… no. :thud: Hopefully the Queen will tell him he smells of elderberries :ah-ha!:

She is knighting everybody these days. After Mick Jagger and Bill Gates, even street underdogs may become knights.

I wonder if I could apply for ‘Sir Renan of the Red Land’ then.

Actually, as much as I hate to admit it, Bill Gates do deserve it; He’s after all the guy that brought computing to become mainstream.

For the record: No, I’m not some alien that ate Wert, yes, I still don’t like Windows and yes, I still dislike Microsoft. 'ktnxbye.

Originally posted by Wertigon
[b]Actually, as much as I hate to admit it, Bill Gates do deserve it; He’s after all the guy that brought computing to become mainstream.

For the record: No, I’m not some alien that ate Wert, yes, I still don’t like Windows and yes, I still dislike Microsoft. 'ktnxbye. [/b]
I still dislike you because you dislike Microsoft just for the sake of disliking them :stuck_out_tongue: You’ve never given any valid reasons for your dislike of them :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh-Em-Gee! I showed my friends the world of Linux, I showed them the light! I want to me knight-ified!

;>>

<<;

Seriously, I’m with Ren here :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Wertigon
No, I’m not some alien that ate Wert

I don’t believe you!
What have you done with Wert, you evil alien? I’ll never for giv-bzzt-“Och aye”…

But seriously, I have to agree with you.
Even if we don’t like windows, Bill, or just about anything that has to do with those two things, he still did a lot for computing…

No, that IS wrong. Yes he’s the world’s richest man and has done a lot for computers and stuff- but KNIGHTHOOD!? Can’t they just put up a statue somewhere or something? :noway:
Sorry, I don’t find this okay.

I hope they don’t make a statue of him…

Mabe we should ALL apply for knighthood, at least one of us could make it…

Knighthood’s a joke nowadays anyway, not much of a big deal about it.

I want to see gangly little 120 pound Bill Gates trying to ride into battle wearing 200 pounds of armor. That would be the greatest thing I’ve seen in a long, long time.

Originally posted by Zero
Knighthood’s a joke nowadays anyway, not much of a big deal about it.

Pretty much sums it up =)

I just think it’s funny that the man introduced computers to the masses, has a great business brain and earned millions of pounds, and yet all he knows about England comes from Monty Python. It’s a good job knighthoods don’t really mean anything more.

Originally posted by Green Mage
I want to see gangly little 120 pound Bill Gates trying to ride into battle wearing 200 pounds of armor. That would be the greatest thing I’ve seen in a long, long time.

Would be the greatest thing anyone has seen in a long long time. Heh… knighthood has lost the meaning it had it seems, no longer are noble, good people knighted, just whoever the queen feels like knighting, I’m suprised there are no animals that have been knighted by her.

She just bloody knights whoever is popular at theat point in time. Not that I’m saying Bill Gates is popular though. That would get me killed.

Bring back the knights from Camalot, now they were true knights. All honourable, and noble people, fighting for what is right, and stuff.

Didn’t the Queen Knight a Parrot or Chimp or some other animal a while back? I seem to remember that somthing like that happened, but I might be remembering things wrong.

I think they’re knighting him for his contributions to the AIDs fight. Not his computers.

Bring back the knights from Camalot, now they were true knights. All honourable, and noble people, fighting for what is right, and stuff

one of which was having an affair with his lords wife nd then rebelled when she was punished