Things took a turn for the worse...

That feeling of apathy is back… and it’s stronger than ever…
And to make things worse, I’m in a lot of pain…
What should I do? I can’t take it any longer!

If it’s worse, you should try seeing a doctor about it.

Suck it up, thats what I do.

You’re depressed, plain and simple, I think that’s all anyone can say. If you’re unwilling to recognize this and to help yourself you’ll be like that for a long time. You really need to confide in someone.

I don’t know what all I can tell ya’… but, I’ll help you as much as I can… but, if things get wrose then I suggests you see someone who can help you more then I can…

Just try to relax… don’t think of things and go take a nice long walk…

Well I can tell you what won’t help- whining about it to us.

He’s not whining, hes asking advise.

Originally posted by Chris-chris
[b]I don’t know what all I can tell ya’… but, I’ll help you as much as I can… but, if things get wrose then I suggests you see someone who can help you more then I can…

Just try to relax… don’t think of things and go take a nice long walk… [/b]

Taking a long help wont help he might try and throw himself in front of a bus or something. You’re probably the one Manus spills all his problems to anyways. he needs to see a therapist. Withdrawing into a forum wont do him any good if he’s clinically depressed.(sorry I’m on the verge of going into lecture mode:get it?: )

Edit: Might I add what an incredible way to reintroduce yourself back to the forums:ah-ha!:

No, he was whining, and he followed his whine with a question.

You could bottle that whine.

When did he get back in here?

Originally posted by The Wizardmaster
He’s not whining, hes asking advise.

I’ll just say this:

If he was really feeling apathetic, then he wouldn’t care enough to inform us about it. Not only this- but he claims that he is apathetic AND in pain?

Contradictions like this make it evident that we should not take him seriously.

Before he left, he layed a thousand eggs in every nook and cranny of the message board. Unfortunatly we couldnt get them all.

What manus said looked like a poem to me…

Manus, I think you need to realize something. Often when people have problems with things it is good to air them out, whether with friends, family, a psychologist, a diary, whatever. It is often cathartic and even may help find a solution. However, when repeatedly talking about these sorts of issues to a ton of people, when most of whom don’t know you very well is not likely to achieve anything positive. At the least, posting about your depression all the time is likely to promote people who aren’t already your friends to lose sympathy with you. The first time everyone but assholes will at least not be unkind to you, but if it comes up again and again it will become viewed as some sort of attention-getting, whining, etc. At the worst, people who don’t like you very much will most likely yell at you, tell you to shut up, be insensitive to your problems, and other such behavior that certainly won’t improve your mood and quite possibly worsen it. Furthermore, the people who either are neutral or friendly to you as I already said may be encouraged not to look at you well if you’re always talking about how depressed you are.

So, if you want to talk about your depression seriously and with the aim of solving it, I recommend you bring it up on a more private level with people you know who you consider to be close to you and are willing to listen and help you out. Because it is quite hard to get very useful solutions through widespread, frequent, public displays of sorrow.

As for suggestions, I recommend you strenuously analyze what’s bothering you. Hopefully you can narrow it down to something relatively specific. Then, solve that problem as I am sure you or anyone can if it is within your power. If it is a general feeling of malaise, I recommend playing a game or doing another activity that usually relaxes you, whenver I feel down I boot up Doom or Doom 2 and smash monsters for a good hour or two.

[Arnold]“Stop Whining!”[/Arnold]

Permit me to differentiate myself from preety much everyone else who posted in this thread by saying that, if you need someone to talk to, I’m usually on. Or SG or Kagon, I usually talk to them if I’ve got something to get off my chest.

Originally posted by Merlin
I recommend you strenuously analyze what’s bothering you. Hopefully you can narrow it down to something relatively specific
COUGH(our unacceptance)COUGH!

Talk about it to someone that actually knows you in real life and cares about you. Telling your problems to a bunch of anonymous people over the internet that you will most likely never meet or get to know, isn’t going to help you.

Yeah, I mean, Manus, you wouldn’t want ME to start giving you advice, now would you?

[wrong]You should see a therapist.[/wrong]

They are just a waist of money. Do what Urkani-San said.