They're X, those Men- nahh, that doesn't work ;(

But anyway: some news on X-Men 3:

Also, news on DEATH, FANTASTIC FOUR 2, WONDER WOMAN, SPIDER-MAN 3 and A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE.

Note: Multiple Man is from an X-Men related comic called X-Factor, quite an interesting character. Death is the sister of Sandman from DC Comics.

They’re going to fuck up Death horribly I know it.

Pierson: depends on how much influence Gaiman will have in the movie. What ruined League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was that Moore had almost no imput on it (not that he cared.) On the other hand, they gotta sell the movie to the general public, too, and that’s going to be tricky.

… wait, that Death? I’m sold. Assuming it’s any good.

Sweet, i am going to see them all, hopefully they rock.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Composer Danny Elfman came clean to About.com about his falling out with director Sam Raimi. “I’m not working on ‘Spider-Man 3,’” the composer said. “I’m out of that. I won’t miss not doing it. ‘Spider-Man 2’ was a miserable experience. It’s like my connection with Sam got completely severed. As far as I’m concerned, he went to sleep, somebody put a pod next to him and when he awoke, he wasn’t the same person I’d known for a decade. He went from right there number two on my list of favorite directors to the exact opposite of what I look for in a film experience which is everything I could do on ‘Spider-Man 1,’ I couldn’t do on ‘Spider-Man 2.’ He got so intensely attached to the temp music that I couldn’t even adapt my own music close enough. Let me put it that way. I couldn’t get close enough to me, least of all anybody else who was in the temp score. It’s the first time I’ve ever walked from a director in 20 years and hopefully the last time I have to turn my back on somebody but it became like intolerable. And I’ve been on some heavy duty films, so to say that, it had to be pretty bad. I’ve been in war zones you couldn’t believe in 55 films but this is the first time I said, ‘I’ve had it. It’s just not worth it. I’d rather go back to waiting tables than to do ‘Spider-Man 2’ again, to have to have the same experience.”

Boo-fucking-hoo, Listen Danny Elfman, you are an artist. A profesional artist at that, you are PAID to give a CLIENT what they WANT. Youre being a fucking pussy about not getting to write music for someone ELSE’S movie the way you want to.

The point of your job is to do what someone pays you to do. Not to do what you want to do. Its always great when a job comes around where you get to make what you want and you really get into it… But this shows a very immature side of you that I feel many directors should keep in mind when thinking about hiring you for future movies.

Danny Elfman, grow up.

Hmm, “They’re Uncanny, those X-Men” might have worked. I wonder if there’s some way the title could get changed?

Wow! Found a TON of spoilers on X-3!! ASSUMING they’re true, the movie will be even more like the comics than the other two!!

Plus other Comics Movie and TV show news:

I disagree, and I think your being a bit less understanding than you should. Personally, I’m fine with him not composing if he was having that much of a problem with the director. If someone works at a store, and their manager treats them intolerably, they have to rely on their patience to keep doing their job correctly. Obviously, Danny Elfman’s patience ran out, and he decided that if he wasn’t going to be allowed to do what he believed was right and good for the music score, he wasn’t going to do it all.

I have no qualms with it; how good can the music be if the composer is already angry at the director in the first place? No, I think he made the right decision.

I’m actually interested in A History of Violence as well. I’ve been seeing some commercials for it on TV and it looks a lot better than some of the uninteresting junk at theaters right now. Not that it’s all bad or anything now…

This is a well known musician, not some two-bit artist going to a video game school for art. When you’re that high up on the chain, you can choose what you will and will not work on. Something you create for a project that is the brainchild of someone else doesn’t make the assets you create any less your own. And if he’s not taking the job, he’s obivously not getting paid for it, so shut your damn mouth. Elfman is past the point in his career where he needs to latch on to every offer someone throws at him.

Burn?

Really, man
He’s danny fucking elfman. He’s good enough to work on basically whatever the fuck he pleases.