The world is corrupt

The world’s corrupt, eh? Looks like a job for ACROSS!

I don’t read the news precisely because of these stories.

Those of you who keep away from news so you can be happy are just creating a pink world inside a bubble for emotional security.

Ah. What a wonderful world.

And that is precisely the reason that car is off limits to all passengers.

<.<

>.>

Yeah! Ideals, that’s the shit!

There are more people in the world now than ever before. More people present, more people doing things. More things happening = more shit happening. More things happening = more good things happening.

People were killed in brutal, stupid, meaningless ways in the past, too.

Chicken Little, the sky is not falling.

NO! It was Bush I tell you! Bush did it!

Oh stop complaining about it and get off your lazy ass and go do something about it! Jeez, you’ve already got the good looks and charm, what i want to know is why you <i>havn’t</i> led a revolution already! I mean jeez man! You can’t just sit around wishing things were better!

Like RPT said, bad things happened then (an English king being assassinated by having a burning metal bar shoved up his anus, true story) and bad things happen now. Even so, it’s still atrocious that these people are the same race we are.

Humans are screwed. Live with it.

Haha, yeah they are, especially last night!!

Been the same for many many years. What difference does it make now?

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighs

How did that suggestion go? Remove all the warning labels, and let the problem solve itself? Well, no matter where we look, it seems there’s always someone ready and willing to hurt someone else. History and chance seem to favor the unworthy. Why don’t good people ever get elected or gain the power to set things straight?

Thing is, the human race is supposed to have “matured”, gotten “better ideals”, and overall be a better fucking people than in the middle ages.

Hence why we can be so critical of our hypocritical society.

Knowledge doesn’t equal goodness… It seems that all the advances of the last few centuries have provided plenty of new ways for man to hurt man.

Hey, shit happens.

Shit happened a long time ago, and shit will continue to happen. It doesn’t help to bemoan shit happening, or to be apathetic about shit happening. Shit happening is as timeless as the universe itself. Shit happens whether there are any lifeforms to experience shit happening, or not. Shit happening is forever.

Be the change you wish to see. (-Someone) You guys aren’t helping about bitching about how shitty the human race is.

As much as I am saddened by those articles, I am also disappointed with comments like “Well we suck. Humanity is screwed. We’ll be the end of ourselves. We are capable of doing no better” BLAH BLAH BLAH. One good deed is enough to blow that bad news out of the water, and you all know it. Why admit to our mistakes and become entranced by them when you can focus on just being the best person you can be, for our society today? You will never catch me saying LIFE SUCKS PEOPLE SUCK etc etc. It’s pointless. Stop acquising defeat. We’re still living. Yeah we’re human, but that doesn’t mean we have to admit ourselves to this sadistic, painful template of a species and live by it and accept it when we see shit like this. Come on.

And Ren, not wanting to listen to this does not necessarily mean we all live in seperate worlds filled with our own ignorance. There is a limit to how much a person can take. We can be aware of it, but that doesn’t mean we should have to read cnn everyday and know of the gore and violence that is being commited in our world everyday. I don’t blame those who want to run away from these truths- it would drive a person insane.

It isn’t driving me insane and I watch the news almost every day. The world is filled with bad people. There are good people, but there are more bad people. The more I get used to that fact, the better I’ll be able to survive when I have to go out there because I won’t expect anyone to give a damn about me. Truth is, no one will.

Crap, that woman who got her hands cut off? She’s from Texas…there’s been a lot of cases like that happening…it’s really not safe at all anymore to cross the border or be near those border towns. Too many drug gangs are gaining control across Mexican towns I remember hearing on the TV.

Don’t even get me started on Bush’s plans. Homes for abused women are going to recieve less than a 1/3rd of the money they need to function, foundations meant to help older people fix up there houses and other things are being threatened for their very survival…the education system, which already doesn’t have all that much money is getting even less money than before…ugh.