The wierdest phone call of all time

At about 12:50pm today, I got a phone call on my mobile from an Indian guy. I didn’t know who he was, but he was well aware of my first name. Immediately, he sprang into action with questions about my work, my home and my marital status. Then, out of the blue, he offered to sellme some cheap jewellery. I was being telemarketed on my mobile phone by Delhi’s version of Del Boy :S and as if the jewellery wasn’t enough, he then offered to sell me a small dog named Max.

I swear I am not making any of this up.

After I refused his offer (he offered to sell me a third item, I can’t remember what it was) he then asked to be put onto someone else. Remember, he had rung me on my mobile phone, and he was asking to be put onto someone else. At this point, I got a bit fed up and decided to hang him up, never finding out his real identity.

However, he’d not blocked his number from me, so I knew EXACTLY what phone he was calling from. The real fun had just begun. My friend Jon rang him back almost immediately (we work in a call centre, so one of us being on the phone is, literally, our job description) and got Indian music, meaning that the guy was on the level. A couple of minutes passed, Jon rang again, this time questioning the guy’s manhood.

The third call was the funniest as we attempted some telemarketing of our own. Jon rang back, this time pretending to be an American Evangelist. However, he was not preaching about the love of God, he was preaching about the love of beavers. In the end, he was so convincing, he actually got Delhi Boy ( :wink: ) to donate money.

So, to save the beavers now and preserve the beaver love, send $1 to 1 Mississippi Avenue, Chicago Illinois :wink: (don’t, it’s not even a real address as far as I can tell). Tomorrow, we’re going to unleash the next wave :wink:

No one telemarkets me :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

(just thought I’d share that with you all)

Nice handling, Neb. Sounds funny. :slight_smile:

Heh, that’s pretty amusing, Neb. :slight_smile:

Imagine the damage Neb and his friends could do if one of their number was a Phreaker.

LMAO!! :slight_smile:

What if the guy was an affluent but eccentric billionaire named Ackmet and decided to offer all his money to whomever would buy an item from him, cleverly disguised as an annoying peddler of various exotic and strange items? Then you’d look pretty silly, wouldn’t you? WOULDN’T YOU?!

Anyway, nice handling of that :stuck_out_tongue: The guy’s probably as confused as you were.

Originally posted by Kero Hazel
LMAO!! :slight_smile:

BTW Neb, do you have it recorded?

Bwahahaha!

I wish I’d recorded that, any of the phone calls, even, they were damned funny :slight_smile: I was actually on the phone to a customer when Jon pulled out “The Beaver Trust”, the customer must have thought I was a right idiot as I couldn’t sop laughing :o

Telemarketers needs to be telemarketered. nod, nod

That’s great Neb! It makes me laugh harder because my name is Jon too! I wouldn’t have minded being your friend then :slight_smile: .

HAW! :o Take THAT, you telemarketing SOBs!

hahaha:) :o :slight_smile: :o

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

But they make for a damn entertaining story.

Keep it up. And RECORD next time! :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably was recorded. It’s a call center, remember?

Thumbs up Soldier

Sweet, poetic justice. I salute you, brave fighter of telemarketers.

Did I ever tell you you’re my hero? :slight_smile:

DIE, TELEMARKETERS, DIE!!!

falls on my knees in front of Neb I’m not worthy!