The weekend the earth froze over

Baltimore hasn’t really seen the cold snap until now. Rather, we’ve had days in the 70s over the past few weeks.

NOW it’s started to get cold, turning from 65 on one day to 30 the next. (30s not horribly bad but when you go right into it from unseasonable warmth, it’s moreso harsh)

Bring some of that assload of snow over here and dump it all around the school. I could use a day off. Not too cold here…

We got the first snow of the year last night. Wheeeeee. ::dekar!::

New york has snow too. We always do in Buffalo…it makes me happy that we can actually drive in it! LOL ur all dying!

Oh yes. That’s simply hilarious. People dying. Ha ha.

And I’ll gladly take the South where we get school cancelled for an inch of snow.

Looks like there’s more coming this weekend. Supposed to be 3-6 inches of snow, some sleet, and 30 mph winds to kill the already weighed down trees. Fun times, fun times.

3-6? I heard it was gonna be eight. >.>

Anyways, some people have uploaded vids on YouTube of the local ice storm damage: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=springfield+mo+ice+storm&search=Search

Alas, poor Trilly. I knew her, rpgc.

Oh wait, she’s alive. >.>;

Get better soon weather. ;-;

It’s gotten pretty cold here too now. Sucks. I hate the cold. :frowning:

WE DIDN’T LISTEN!! IF ONLY WE HAD LISTENED!! To this.

I’m in missouri and I haven’t had power for 11 day;-;

goes to her uni to warm up >>

Yeah, that’s just unreal…I hope they’ll get it fixed soon. :confused:

(well hey, look at it this way: the next time your rents give that spiel about teh internetz, you can throw the fact that you’ve gone without electricity at home for that long, and it takes only 5 days to detox from cocaine. ;p)

13 days ;-;

lol @ anyone that doesnt live in an area in or north of Pennsylvania. Happens every day here, and we like it :smiley:

You wouldnt have lost power for 13 days if you had power lines that are built a little better. Though, if you had what we had back in October, I bet you’d still be out of power.

uhm ice of the trees and powerlines was over an inch thick. We lost tons of trees in our town to the ice.

Yes, simmer, may every area should build powerlines that can withstand that much ice and falling trees. Or, and here’s an actual intelligent thought, not every area experiences that kind of weather frequently enough to warrant those kinds of expenditures.

Don’t smother us with your overwhelming sense of empathy. :expressionless:

Thousands of people are STILL without power, because this was the worst ice storm in at least 50 years. There are people who are moving from one homeless shelter to another just because they have no other way to stay warm or eat a decent meal even though they HAVE homes. There’s no telling how much property damage has been dealt due to falling tree limbs, and a lot of the nice old trees here are dead or shortly will be.

Good grief, are the power failures still going on? The response of whoever-is-responsible-for-them-networks is a bit slow.

I thought trees were imaginary for a moment. Typical simmer, not taking everything into consideration.

Still, it was worse here, and we recovered faster. I’m just glad were not the ones being laughed at, or the ones who are in a situation ‘that sucks’ anymore. While everyone goes off to play outside in thier sunny day.

PS:we lost all the trees that weren’t pine trees.

Only insensitive pricks are truly laughing about the situation in general. Hmm, and you laughed about it… Interesting.

So does everyone on this board hate each other, or what?