The short the short and the shorty.

Okay, I know I’ve written some short stuff, but from what I have what do you like the most?

;_;

Fine, ignore this. I won’t bother anymore.

Hayes, sometimes I want to put you on a chair and forcefeed you a cookie. Look, you posted this poll earlier today, stop giving up so easily. That’s the main problem you have; you’re not prepared to fight for your own creations. You have to believe in what you can do, what they can be if you don’t give up on them instead of giving them a chance to grow.

I will believe in something if it’s worth it. My works are not. Ergo I do not believe in their non existant potential.

They do have potential, but you must give them more work and time to grow. What we have seen of your fics so far have been beginnings of somthing that can become great things.

Who is we? The only person who ever (without prompting) takes an interest in what I write is you.

Didn’t Pierson post a couple of your fics on his site? I do want to remember that others commented on your stuff as well…

What I also wanted to say earlier but didn’t due to headache keeping me from thinking straight was that you do know how to spell and use the English language well, which - believe me - is a lot more than many others who hold their stories in far higher regard than they are worth. (No Chris-Chris, I’m not talking about you, you have some spelling problems but your stories have heart). Your stories have heart too, Seph, it’s just that they are baby-hearts beating delicately.

I haven’t checked his site recently, but last time I did they where not there, nor do they deserve to be.

But really when it comes to it, who cares about what I write?
1? 2? 3 people? If that. And only one person voted on this besides myself. The point I’m trying to make is: is there any point continuing? Nobody cares, and when that is the case I’m not inclined to care either.

I’m trying to tell you that to be seen, you need to make something longer than one page. If the old boards were still here, I’d show you how long it took before people really started commenting on the ff breakroom by Galloway. When I start posting a new fic on ff.net, when it’s in a new section where people don’t already know me, it can take up to ten chapters, one or two each week, before people start to give me reviews.
Are MY fics loved by all? I wouldn’t touch “Hanging Around” and “Gogo’s Secret: Epilogue” with a ten feet pole now.
Crap fills my inbox, I’ll drop my morals for a sec and give you a quote, though I normally wouldn’t ridicule anything that was submitted to me personally.

When we stopped Half way on the boat.Then I got of the boat and I was 20 miles away from Bevelle.So I went to wrent a Cholkabo.Then I say a blind old lady getting teased by a bunch of guys.I wen’t offer and said “Leave her alone!”.One of the guys turned a rounded and It was the same guy who had beaten me up.I was sweating like mad.The guy said “It’s you again”.And he picked me up by my t-shirt and was about to punch me.But then I kicked him in the face and Twisted his arm about.Then he let go of me and I crouched down and then kicked his legs and he fell down.Then I grabed the old lady and said "no time to talk!"And jamp on a cholkabo.

We got to Bevelle temple.The old lady said "You could be a sommoner if you wantedto"I said “would it help me beat sin?”.The lady said again “The only way to beat sin is do the finnal sommoning”.

See, THIS is the kind of crap that you unrightfully believe your fics to be. I accepted the Sephir, why? Because it started out darn good, had you only kept from that Marty Stue oopsie it would have remained that way. Can you give it a chance, and let Cloud be the hero, put AVALANCHE back together or something? Take away a few of the clones and let a couple plot something against the crew or something. You CAN do it, Hayes, you must believe in yourself.

That’s where you are wrong. I KNOW mine are better than that, but then again it doesn’t take much does it?

What I’m saying is when you compare it to the stuff here then my fics ARE crap.

No, your fics might not be as punchlinefilled as Galloway’s and Kaiser’s, as epic as Jeremy Chapter’s, or littered with descriptions as Prometheus’, but there is a reason. They have been writing for several years, while you are just beginning to spread your wings as an author. You can’t expect to be fabulous and highly regarded at once, you have to keep training and not give up. It’s the same with everything in life. You cringed at the materia “school” too the first time, didn’t you?

Materia School? Weiila, I have been writing for years, and I mean iit when I say this, I was CA-RAP. Seriously, what you see before you is the culmination of crapiness. What you have seen is me at my best, so you should be able to imagine how crappy I can be.

“Writing down the Bones”, Nathalie Goldberg.
“The Artist’s Way”, Julia Cameron.
Get.

Look, I had been writing for several years before I produced “Bored Beyond Compare”, is that something superb? No. Was “Hanging Around” accepted with open arms? No, I had it turned around by the gate at two other sites before I came to RPGC, where I got published and got enough courage to really start developing my writing properly. You got pushed back here, but I’m trying to help no matter what.
You need trust in yourself, you need constructive critisism, the courage to accept that for what it is and you need practice. Like this:

:fungah:
This dude is sitting on a chair in a dark room, the only illumination being the moonlight coming through a few holes in the ragged curtain. Who is he? What is he thinking about? What impression does his stance give? How did he get there? How does the rest of the room look, even though you can’t see much due to the weak light?

I’m going to bed, but I want you to try to write something that answers those questions, or uses them as pillars that helps supporting you. Believe in yourself, you can’t make a mistake. It’s not a test for me or anybody else, but a training for yourself.

Okay, I’ll try.

Originally posted by Sephiroth Hayes
I haven’t checked his site recently, but last time I did they where not there,

Your stories are not there because I have no time to fix the site anymore. Univeristy is approaching me. Fast.

nor do they deserve to be.

Bullshit. If they didn’t deserve to be there then I would have damn well said so at the time.

Who is we? The only person who ever (without prompting) takes an interest in what I write is you.

Untrue. There is a difference between not reading, and reading but not commenting. Look at FFnet. If we reviewed everything we read then everyone would be swimming in reviews. Humans are lazy.

What I’m saying is when you compare it to the stuff here then my fics ARE crap.

If you give up now then they will always be crap. It really is that simple. I shudder to think what Diamond Dust would have been like if I didn’t take English Literature in college, so I had an unfair advantage when I started. If you never practise you never improve.

Seriously, what you see before you is the culmination of crapiness.

Excuse me? Have you read the links on the PPC thread? Your stuff doesn’t even come close to what the great majority of writers chrun out. You’re nowhere close to being crap.

Fine, ignore this. I won’t bother anymore.

Your attitude is sure as hell not helping. Many threads of your’s I’ve seen starts with some version of ‘I don’t think I deserve to post here’. If you keep thinking that you’re going to live up to your own predictions one day. Don’t let that happen.

I am not sugercoating any of this to sound pleasant. You’re not crap. You are better than most fan-, and I use this term loosely, ‘writers’ out there, and you have a fantastic group of people here who will chat, offer advice, and generally help out with whatever you attempt. Don’t wallow in self-pity when you have no reason to.

Thanks. BUt when people read and not post it gives me the impression that they haven’t read it ya know? It wouldn’t hurt for people other than Weiila or you to drop a note, it certainly would give me a bit of a self esteem boost. But what you don’t get, is that when I look around here and make a comparison, my works are not as good as others. And you see I try so hard, and then someone else pulls out something ten times greater and with what seems like to me ease, because of that I don’t think I can do anything as good as that. And I do realise that most of my stuff isn’t at most one page long, but that’s because I don’t consider myself ready for an epic. When I get better, then I’ll do something big. But it doesn’t help when my first real project turns out to be a load of bull. At the time I wa ignorant, I didn’t know what the hell a fanfic was, and certainly didn’t know about Mary Sues/Stus.

Originally posted by Sephiroth Hayes
When I get better, then I’ll do something big. But it doesn’t help when my first real project turns out to be a load of bull. At the time I wa ignorant, I didn’t know what the hell a fanfic was, and certainly didn’t know about Mary Sues/Stus.

That’s what I meant, you haven’t been working on fanfiction for very long, and it takes time to get things right. Even if you did write earlier, things are taken to a whole different level when you face possible publication.
And when you don’t know anything about Mary Sues, it’s not easy to avoid. Don’t be so hard on yourself.
Go for it!