THE RPGC SAGA 2008

-RPGC HEADQUARTERS: -

-“…And now they are back to a Dark Blue theme” Kairi said, as she and Leareth walked along the castle’s halls. “Which I’m glad for. A few years back, somebody decided to paint everything here purple. I mean, EVERYTHING, even the potted plants! It was disgusting! Whose idea was that?”

Leareth smiled as she continued to talk endlessly. He actually did not mind it; he found he enjoyed her company, and not just because she was pretty attractive.
-“Oh, finally!” she continued. “Here’s the cafeteria!” as they stopped in front of a set of double doors.
-“Let me hold open the door for you” he said.
-“Why, thank you” she giggled. The blond boy reached for the door, pushed it open-

-And came face to snout with a GREEN DRAGON!
-“AAAAH!” the boy gasped, jumping back in shock.
-“Nononono, it’s OK!” Kairi quickly explained. “This is Bahamut, he’s one of us!”
It was then that Leareth noticed that the Dragon –who was only slightly bigger than a human being- was standing erect, and was wearing a blue cloak.
-“Let me guess- new member, right?” Bahamut said, in a powerful, yet noble voice.
Behind him, some laughter could be heard coming from inside the cafeteria.
-“Oh, shut up. Like you didn’t jump out of your skin when we first met” Bahamut shouted back at the people inside.
-“Mr. Bahamut, this is my friend Leareth, and yes, he’s a new member” Kairi explained.
-“Err… nice to meet you, Mr. Bahamut. Um, sorry about that.”
-“It’s OK, son. I understand the reaction perfectly. Intelligent Draconians such as my people seem to be rare in the Multiverse; most Dragons are indeed fearsome brutes. By the way, my name is Xero. “Bahamut” is just my royal title.”
-“Royal title?”
-“Oh yes” Kairi continued to explain. “Mister- I mean Xero is the king of his people! And yet, he often hangs out around here. Can you believe it?”
-“I find the atmosphere here more relaxing than my royal court, to be honest” the Dragon said. “But, I see I’m blocking your way in. My apologies” the large reptile said, as he moved aside.
-“Thank you!” Kairi said, then again grabbed the still-somewhat flabbergasted Leareth and pulled him inside.

There were several people inside, lounging around in several tables. They looked quite unusual, but at least most of them looked human, Leareth noted.

Two young men were leaning against a counter, looking at the arriving couple, and trying to suppress their giggles, not very successfully. One of them had spiky, sorta-purplish hair and was wearing a greenish adventuring suit; the other had bluish hair and wore a blue-and-white skintight suit. Behind the counter, a young man with blonde hair and glasses looked at them disapprovingly. On a nearby table, a blonde woman in armor drank and an Asiatic young man wearing casual clothes also stared at the snickering duo.
-“Come on guys, cut it out” the blonde youngster said.
-“Aww, you know we don’t mean anything, Poke” the spiky-haired one said. “Don’t tell me you didn’t find that funny.”

Kairi pulled Leareth with her up to the counter. ‘It’s Ok, guys, I know you’re always cracking jokes. I actually like them, most of the time” she said. “Leareth, this is GG Crono. He’s, well, uh-”
-“Ahh, come out and say it, Kai. I’m nobody. A big zero. Zip. Nada.”
Leareth raised an eyebrow at the comment.
-“What GG means” the blue haired young man next to him explained, “Is that he has no memory of who he is. Classic case of amnesia. Doesn’t seem to bother him much, tho.”
-“Hey, why worry about what you don’t remember?”
-“But” Leareth asked, “You don’t worry about your past? About loved ones who might miss you… or enemies who might be looking for you?”
Crono shrugged. “Oh, I know about that. But, it isn’t like I can do anything about it, so why worry?” he explained, then took another sip from his drink.
-“Hello, Mab!” Kairi said to the blue-dressed fellow. “Lear, this is Mabatsekker, an actual superhero from Finland! Hey, where’s Kat-Chi?”
-“She’s out shopping. I love her lots, but I’d rather hang here than follow her around buying stuff for hours.”
-“Ohh, you’re just like all guys” Kairi snorted.
-“Hey folks, want something to drink?” the guy behind the counter said. “I got some ready-made coffee, and muffins to go with it!”
-“Sure thing, Poke! Oh, and Lear’s paying, btw” she said, winking.
-“Ehh, I guess I am” he said, passing a hand through his hair in an aw-shucks type of gesture.
-“Naah, this is on the house” Poke said. “Consider it a welcome-to-the-clubhouse gift.”
-“Coffee, meh” the armored woman said. “That’s for civilized namby-pambies. REAL adventures drink ale!” and she took another swig from her frothy mug.
-“You just want to trick the poor new guy into a drinking contest, Val” the Asian next to her said. “Don’t fall for it- she’s immune to the stuff!”
-“You just had to ruin my fun, eh, Lex?” Valkyrie snapped.

Everyone in the room (except Val) laughed at that.

Leareth found himself laughing as well. The atmosphere in the room was surprisingly friendly and inviting. These may be extraordinary people, yet he found them surprisingly… normal. And, he had to admit, he liked them, so far.

He smiled for a moment, but then he remembered his mission- and grew serious again…

NEXT: Enough with the exposition! Next chapter, THE ACTION REALLY BEGINS!!!

(Those of who you haven’t been introduced yet: don’t worry, you will be later. You’ll understand why as the plot develops.)

Oooo… even more regulars showing up, nice.
And this is getting almost spine-tingling good, with this spy in our presence and all… I wonder just what could his mission be.

Oh please, please tell me I get to torch hm… :hahaha;

watches as Xero ties him to a post and lights a bonfire under him …I am a creature of Hell…Dammit! I’m not a witch!!

TrkJac enjoys.

Not exactly what I had in mind…but that works too :slight_smile:

Hmmm… Where did Wil go? Can’t wait for more.

You know been wonderng that myself Manus. Usually Wil gives an update if he is going to take a while with something, or if things have gotten in the way of his writing.

Hope you are doing okay Wil.

I’m here, guys. Sorry, but I got waylaid by Real Life, as usual. :frowning: I’ve been busy with work (without warning) for the past few weeks, and then I found myself with little energy to write afterwards. But I’m feeling better now and I have time to write again, so expect an update soon. And thanks for worrying. :slight_smile:

Wil, I might suggest, if possible, rewriting your story so the holiday thing is downplayed as much as possible. Just because while it might have worked when you started, it’s now March. I mean, I don;t know if you stillw ant tot ry to work it in, but… yeah, just try to make it an AnyTime scenario.

Also, gief valkyrie wrestling and banana bombs! Woot!