The Quake2 Thread!!!!!!!!! [aka, RO Is For Your Old Toothless (Korean) Granny!]

Originally posted by Sorcerer
Merl knows what I’m talking about, we’ve played CS once or twice :slight_smile:

Yeah, then Brent (Dippy), you, and me played, I owned you guys 8p

I’ve got windows 98.

I keep getting an error whenever I try to run the eraser file (Running WinXP Pro)

You know, I’ve been thinking. Why Q2? Why not just CS?

Supposedly because the sourcecode has been opened for Q2. No copyright nastiness.

Quake 2 didn’t make much of an impact on me, as opposed to Quake and Q3:A, but I’m in anyway. Any excuse to get an FPS for free is good enough.

I’m off to DL the files. Bubye!

Q2 has no CD Key Cless. And it’s a lot easier to transfer since it’s smaller and stuff.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
[b]Yea, seriously, this is my domain now. Any lack of RTS skill gets made up for in FPS ownage.

Merl knows what I’m talking about, we’ve played CS once or twice :slight_smile:

I gave away my Q2 disc a long time ago, so Im gonna have to download it.

Also, is the Q2 CTF mod a Team Fortress mod or what? [/b]

Heh come on now sorc… you know at least I can beat you :slight_smile:

and the CTF mod is just that, a CTF mod. It has a bunch of new levels runes like damage/speed/regen and such added along with a zeldaish hookshot thing. Its only like TFC in the concept of grab a flag and run with it.

Anyways sounds fun, I already have my own disk so I’ll install whenever all of this gets started.

OK, I’ve tried almost everything I can think of apart from formatting my drive and I still can’t get the fucking thing to install.

Q2 installed, and ready to go! Well, I’ll give the file to goni 1st… (Friend of mine)

I happen to have the original Q2 Discs at home… I’ll see then if Win XP likes it or not.

Merl, or anyone else: could I use Alcohol 120% to mount the image?

Nope. The image is in .nrg format.

Merl, how about posting some dates/times and methods of playing for the tournament?

Yeah! That game just rocks! (because i beat Maba in duel =)) Some kind of a schedule would be nice. And duel, please! :slight_smile: :cool:

Do you need the eraser101_full.exe? You see; Windows 2000 is insisting on that it isn’t a valid Win32 application. Everything else appears to be working just fine, however.

Originally posted by Nulani
Do you need the eraser101_full.exe? You see; Windows 2000 is insisting on that it isn’t a valid Win32 application. Everything else appears to be working just fine, however.

The eraser program is just a program that places computer bots into the game so you can practice. You dont need it to play unless merl wants computer bots when this all starts. Even then… I think only the server has to have the bots.

ok, as some of you have experienced, it doesn’t seem like Eraser will install if you have the newer versions of Windows. What I’ve done, and Xelo tested it and it seemed to work fine, is just make a zip of the two unpacked eraser folders, “eraser” and “eraserctf.” Just download eraserfolders.zip from the fserv, and unzip it into your Quake2 directory. Even the pak0.pak file is copied for you too.

if you need eraser bots, go to http://www.bebits.com/bob/12254/eraser110_x86.zip and download it, just copy the folder twice and name one of them eraserctf

doing it Steve’s way will likely lead to the same problems. Just get eraserfolders.zip from the fserv and unzip the folders to your q2 directory.

I’ve created another zip file, q2stuff2.zip, which has in it all the things that an XP-er would need (updated instructions, fixed eraser bots, et cetera…) all in one place.

Now if only I knew someone who could DCC, I might be able to distribute the damn thing.