The problem with free speech is...

Yeah, if it weren’t for Bono Weird Al’s paradies, hell all parodies, would still be illegal :hahaha; .

I find it especially amusing that you keep bringing up Michael Moore in threads that have nothing to do with him, then draw false comparisons between him and whatever the thread is about. I’m not even sure what you’re talking about here, since Moore’s latest film does not demonize “ALL conservatives,” or conservatism in general, but focuses specifically on the Bush administration (mostly its foreign policy) and several individuals directly associated with it. You might be referring to Bowling For Columbine, where Moore interviewed several pro-gun zealots who made themselves look bad on camera, except, aside from the fact that their conduct on camera is hardly Moore’s fault, your assertion would fall apart there too, because Moore did not “use these examples” to demonize all conservatives or all gun owners or all gun lovers or what-have-you, as he made expressly clear when he stated that Canada appears to have no shortage of guns, gun owners, or gun lovers, and yet does not appear to have the same problem with gun violence as the United States.

Secondly, StarStorm used multiple phrases like “<i>some</i> bordering on the ludicrous,” “<i>some</i> Republicans,” and “I don’t intend insult to actual intelligent Texans.” I fail to see how this is “demonizing ALL conservatives.” I think that his criticism was not directed towards all the people who wrote to express their disagreement, but rather towards the kind of people mentioned in the second editorial: “We have been told by several avid Bush supporters that the days when newspapers publish editorials without personal repercussions are over.” Criticizing such an attitude is not the same thing as criticizing all disagreement with oneself. If anything, you’re the one making a big thing out of a little one here.