The Planewalkers War

Chapter 4: Storm, Earth and Fire

(COMING SOON)

Somewhere in a distant world, a large group of people was gathered in a huge circular chamber. The walls, floor and ceiling were made of white marble, and a large dome with several stained glass windows decorated the strange edifice. The room was filled with wide tables and thousands of chairs, laid out in a concentric half-circle and divided among many floors. A special-looking table was on the other side of the room, against the circular wall and slightly above the middle row. The entire place was filled with light from the windows and from several white plasma lamps on the walls. Countless creatures of many different races were sitting at the tables, some wearing odd armors, othersin more casual outfits. Many of them were clearly alien to the known realities, with bizarre heads and appendages, robotic bodies and other peculiar traits, while some were even ethereal, formed by glowing orbs of light.
Several figures were sitting at the table far in the back, and everyone’s attention was turned to them. There, a tall young man was speaking. He had short black hair and blue eyes, and a determined look. He seemed wise beyond his years and the crowd was drinking his every word. He was wearing a white armor, marked with a red Templars’ cross and a red cape, and an unusual white helm was on the table by his side. He was wearing a golden ring, marked with a hand with a cross on its palm, with a sun symbol behind. In fact, everyone in the room was wearing a similar ring.

“… And so, in light of the recent events, I believe that we have many suitable candidates to take the title of Guardians once the new worlds in the Fantasy Realms become fully fledged. In the meantime, it will be up to my counterpart there to watch over their development. Due to the importance of these tasks, I shall personally supervise the training of the new recruits.” he said, before grabbing a glass of water and drinking deeply from it.

The crowd’s whispers filled the room for a while, until a strange creature that looked like a humanoid lobster raised a hand.

“Yes, Ethnark Shoftel?” the young man called.

“Sir Ragnarok, I believe I speak for several of my colleagues when I say that we feel… left out. You and your counterpart in charge of the dreamworlds have been tackling almost every major menace, leaving us with little to do.” the being said, calmly.

“You do have a point. We need to improve our communication network in order to deal with any emergencies. The current state of our affairs has been straining us heavily.” the young man replied.

An ethereal being in the back rows glimmered within a robotic shell.

“Yes, Ambassador Gra Te Xi?”

“The Mikotaj Government has asked me to gather some information on the Guardians’ jurisdisction. They believe that our operations will be much more succesful if we can establish a degree of cooperation with the authorities of each universe.”

“I am inclined to agree. We shall contact the Futurian of Extropia and organize a Multiversal summit.”

A man in his fifties, with white hair, blue eyes and a short beard raised his hand from the back table. He was wearing a blue armor, marked with a golden X, and his helmet was on the table next to him. He seemed to be in great shape for his age, and the others looked at him with respect.

“Commander Chase, what is on your mind?”

The old man cleared his throat.
“I’m concerned with my operational status. I mean… I’m quite honored to bear this title, but the cryogenic sleep experienced by myself and my agents, along with our dimensional travel experience, means that we are effectively several centuries apart from our homeworld. As such, I doubt that we would be able to fit into the new society that has developed during our long absence.”

Suddenly, there was a knock on the room’s huge double doors, and everyone looked at them. They opened slowly, and two figures walked in. The first was wearing an odd battle armor, and looked taller than any man. He was carrying a sword with a white glow and had strange long white wings that looked more like tentacles. The second visitor was clearly a vampire with a greenish color and cat-like eyes, wearing black leather pants. He had a red flag with a white bat-like sybmol strapped to his torso like a cape, and was carrying an unmistakable sword, with a serpentine blade and a hilt shaped like a fanged skull with four horns. The eyes of the skull were glowing with an eerie blue light.
As the winged figure stepped forward, the vampire grabbed his blade and knocked on it for a while, until a deep voice was heard from within.
“Huh? What is it, Kain?” it asked with a tired tone.
“We’re here. I doubt you’d want to sleep through this.” he replied.

A few people in the room raised their eyebrows, wondering if they were going crazy, but the warriors at the back table smiled, recognizing the newcomers.

“Hey, look! It’s Tyrael, the tentacle monster Archangel!” someone yelled, causing everyone to burst into laughter.

The celestial being was a bit annoyed and growled almost imperceptibly, which only made them laugh harder. Then, the vampire walked into the middle of the room. Everyone went silent and stared at him. Some of the youngest Guardians looked at him suspiciously. Then, the blade’s voice wa heard again.
“What is your problem? Have you never seen the Guardian of the Pillar of Balance? I know he is not exactly a Valkyrie or a nymph, but you are overreacting. I had to put up with his face for over a thousand years, and I am not complaining.” it said with an amused tone, snickering.

The vampire punched the blade lightly.
“Raziel, don’t push it.”

Some people raised their eyebrows, and the young warrior at the back table decided to intervene.
“Kain, Tyrael… and Raziel, of course… I’m glad you could come. Please, take a seat.”

The two strange beings walked to the back table and sat there quietly, as the other Guardians in the room calmed down.
Kain was the first to speak.
“So this is the Council of Guardians… Not bad, but there’s something about those armors that reminds me of the Sarafan. Well, Nosgoth has finally regained balance, but there is still one debt to be paid.” he said, before pausing “Raziel… should not be forced to remain trapped in the Reaver after everything he’s been through. The blade is powerful enough without his constant presence, and I doubt we’ll be hearing from the maniac giant squid in a long time. So, I ask… Is it possible to remove him from the blade, to pull him out?”

Meanwhile…

Something was definitely wrong. The Guardian wasn’t used to pleasant dreams, but this was more than he was prepared for. As he drifted into sleep, he began to have horrible visions…
First he saw a great hand, rising from the stars and striking a shadowy being. Then he found himself in a ruined world. Ruined buildings were on fire, and blood ran on the ground like a river next to impaled corpses. Then, he felt a sharp pain in his back and turned around, only to see one of his trusted friends stab him trough the heart. He couldn’t see the betrayer’s face, but he did see what happened next. He saw himself in great pain, shriveling as if his blood was boiling, and then a gargantuan beast burst out from somewhere within his mind and he collapsed. He couldn’t wake up, no matter how hard he tried. His body felt numb, and he experienced a strange feeling, as if his soul was drifting, free from the shackles of flesh.
Then, everything went black, and another vision took shape. He saw a Seraph, which he had never seen but looked strangely familiar. He looked as if he had been dragged through hell and back, with his wings snapped and covered in blood, his body covered with bleeding cuts and burn marks and a broken blade in his hand, useless. As he approached the shocking sight, he felt as if the ground was being pulled from under his feet. Then, for some reason, something crept over him, a feeling of imminent loss. He remembered the people he had met during his long journey, and how he hadn’t seen some of them in ages. He wondered if he would ever have some peace. Then his thoughts turned to the Ring. For some time now, he had been feeling an oppressive weight while wearing it. He felt that the Ring was taking something away from him. Then, suddenly, his hand got incredibly heavy and he fell down, while a growing sensation of being choked.
Then, he awakened, with his eyes wide open and the Ring still in its place. He took a good look at it and whispered to himself.
“I know that this Ring has given me much… but I wonder what it has made me lose, and what it will take away from me in the future… This title is becoming a great burden… There are things I need to change.”

Then, for some reason, he remembered his Guardian Angel, and he heard a strange noise outside. Saving his thoughts for another time, he rushed to the corridor, just in time to be tackled by what looked like a yellow and blue lightning bolt. He felt a soft weight on his chest and opened his eyes to see that heavenly being, holding him in a way that always made him feel safe and protected. She didn’t look tired at all, even after knocking out so many thugs and dashing like a comet all the way to the ship.

Everyone else on the ship rushed to see the cause of all the commotion, and when they got there they didn’t have the heart to interrupt. Even Magus couldn’t hide a smile, but as far as he was concerned, it was just because that angel had the ability to send anyone on a sugar hype. While his mind came up with several excuses for these few seconds of distraction, Aeon started celebrating her arrival with an organ tune.

A few minutes later, with everyone at the leisure room, Aeon asked for their attention.
“Perfect timing… I’m proud to announce that the modifications to the warp drive are complete and we can blast off now.”

“Full speed ahead!” the Guardian replied with enthusiasm.

With a growing hum, the ship darted, bending space and vanishing in a flash.

On Thezaria, the Black Dragon was waking up after a night’s rest. He noticed Sakura spinning her blade around and staring at the mountain with her piercing eyes.
“I’d hate to get on her bad side…” he whispered to Darth, who was standing nearby “There’s something about her expression that’s creeping me out.”

Truth be said, Sakura was more than eager to get the Planewalker and settle the score. The way he had burned the Academy was simply revolting, and she was furious because she hadn’t been able to stop him.
“He won’t get away this time…” she muttered.

“All right, everyone… It’s time to kick some ass!” Arche shouted, jumping out of her sleeping bag and accidentally slamming her head on the shelter’s low ceiling.

“Hehe! Looks like someone slept well. Maybe a little too well…” Angela said, before checking her head to see if it was still in one piece.

“Hmmm… Nothing broken, no wounds… But next time be a little more careful. Oh, and by the way… you never told me the whole story about a certain boat trip…” she said, grinning.

Arche was a little embarassed and started babbling.
“Well… you see… Well, what can I say? Ah… Hehehehe! Well, it was all Klarth’s fault, because… erm…”

Helga was already outside, practicing with her spear, but she was able to hear everything, and she started laughing so hard she slipped, almost hitting Kyrenthal’s nose.

Sakura kept inspecting the area. Although her ninja training had taught her the art of stealth, she was getting impatient. As she approached the mountain, she noticed a jagged rock wall at a maddening height. Climbing this formation would be no easy task, since the base was littered with irregularly-shaped boulders.
A narrow pathway had somehow formed, and it went about halfway to the top, cut off by a portion of the rock wall.

“Hmmmm…”

She then noticed that the area around the end of the pathway was covered by the shadow of what appeared to be a massive rocky spike.

“A perfect place to hide a cave…” she muttered.

Sakura performed an insane vertical leap, rising high into the air and landing right in front of the obscured section of the rock wall. Her piercing stare swept the area, until her suspicions were confirmed. An average-sized cave beckoned, deep and dark. She walked in, and her footsteps echoed in the shadows. Before going any further, she turned back and called the others.

“This way!”

Kyrenthal looked at the entrance and then at the dragons. There was no way they could fit in.

“Well, it looks like you’ll have to wait here. Unless you know some sort of shrinking spell powerful enough to work on you, that is.”

Varnak sighed.
“Well, go ahead. I shall patrol the skies, and if that pyromaniac shows up, not even Meandor and all his Dark Elves will be able to save his hide.” he said, calmly “Oh, and Sakura… from what you’ve told me, it would be wise to get that strange artifact away from him. It could be augmenting his power.”

Without another word, he took off, followed by the Black Dragon a few moments later.
“I want a piece of the action too!” he growled.

“Very well. This is your chance to prove your intentions. Do not let him get away.” the Golden Dragon replied.

The others started running up the mountain trail, which started getting increasingly narrow. Helga was forced to lean against the rocky wall, and the others followed. Darth merely called upon his powers and covered the remaining distance with a pair of huge jumps. Arche held her broom tightly, suspicious of the unstable-looking rock platform they were treading.
“Let’s hope this thing doesn’t collapse on us…” she said, slightly scared.

Angela mentally reviewed her spells and started planning something in case they had to face any unpleasant surprises.
“Let’s see now… if he tries another fire wave, then Ice Smash may not be enough… Well, I’ll just Mega Splash him to bits if he tries to act tough.” she thought “Maybe I should borrow some summoning books from Klarth when I see him again… I wonder where the others are.”

Looking good, Manus. Just remember what I said about too many characters; it might get confusing if you throw in more.

As Sakura ventured deeper into the cave, she took a look at the rock walls. They looked very different from the kind seen outside, as they were completely black, and Elysium and Darth’s flashlights weren’t able to shed any light upon them.

“Blackrock.” Sakura concluded.

“Hmmm… If this substance is here, then the Mana flow is obstructed in this area. That means we can’t use any magic within the mountain.” Kyrenthal said, carefully remembering his studies.

“Well, that means the weirdo won’t be able to use any magic either, right?” Arche asked.

“Unless he has a Mana source of his own… Such as that orb.” Sakura replied.

The cave was filled with a strange stench, like the mix of metal, blood and alcohol, and it was getting increasingly hot. The group ventured deeper, through winding tunnels, narrow passages and smaller chambers where the ceiling was so low they were forced to crawl. The stench was becoming unbearable, and Arche was getting annoyed.

“Where’s that jerk anyway? Lemme at him!”

Helga slipped on a patch of moss and stuck her spear on the ground, barely avoiding a fall. The inky blackness of the rock walls was unsettling, and the flashlights were almost useless.

“I knew I should have installed that sonar in this thing…” Elysium said, frustrated.

Sakura kept going for a while, until she heard a rumbling sound.

“Get over here! I’m hearing something.”

Suddenly, they found themselves in front of a huge chamber at the center of the mountain. The heat in this place was almost unbearable, and a fiery glow radiated from a large pit in the middle of the place.

“Don’t get too close.” Sakura said, as she approached to find out what was going on in there. She looked into the pit and saw a deep pool of lava.

“A volcano… now I see why that weirdo came here. He was after the red Mana.”

Suddenly, a fireball erupted from the shadows, darting towards Sakura. She dodged it with a backflip and looked in the direction it had come from. Then, she saw a pair of glowing red eyes. Their prey had almost taken them by surprise.

Angela and Arche tried to use their magic, but they didn’t manage to produce more than a few sparks.

“Damn! This Blackrock stuff is a pain.” Angela grumbled.

Arche jumped to the exit of the chamber.

“Take him down! I’ll make sure he doesn’t get away.” she yelled.

Sakura stared at the Planewalker with a furious look in here eyes.

The being raised an eyebrow and laughed deeply.
“You are a stubborn one. Still, it was foolish of you to venture in here. With this source of raw red Mana, I have more than enough power to end your meddling.”

“We’ll see about that.” she spat back, drawing her blade.

The being raised a hand, focusing Mana, but then Helga jumped and stabbed his arm. It knocked her away with a fiery burst, but Elysium was already closing in. Narrowly dodging a pair of swings from his energy blade, the being took a deep breath and its red armor started glowing. Its body swelled and it charged at the group, knocking Elysium and Sakura against a wall.

“Pathetic!”

“Hey ugly!” Angela said, taunting it.

“Huh?” The being grumbled, looking around, right before Angela hit it from the side with a heavy swing of her staff, straight in the groin. It gasped and stumbled, with its eyes wide open.

“You little…”

It got cut off as Sakura jumped to her feet and hit its face with a rotating kick. Without stopping, she unleashed a series of slicing attacks, shredding the creature’s armor and chopping the spikes right off. She got knocked away by a swing of the being’s cloven gauntlets and the creature wasted no time pinning her against a wall with a burst of flames.

Then, as it was about to strike her, it stopped on its tracks, gasping and reaching for its neck. The others looked around, trying to find out what was going on, and they saw Darth with his arm streched and his hand in a gripping motion. He then pulled it towards him and their foe was lifted and pulled straight towards him. Darth performed a forward flip, slamming it on the ground, spinning it in the air around him and hurling it against the ceiling and the walls in a ricochet pattern, before releasing the grip and throwing it against the back wall.

The creature was stunned, and Sakura knew it was only a matter of time until it awakened. She dashed towards it, hoping to separate it from the strange orb that seemed to empower it, but she slighly overestimated the effect of Darth’s attack. The creature raised a hand and raised a wall of lava into the air, steering it towards her and buying the time to get up. She started spinning her blade, creating a tornado that halted the attack, while Elysium pushed a few buttons on his device and activated an ice cannon. At the same time, Helga jumped over them and knocked the creature out with a diving strike.

The lava receeded completely and its remains hardened and crumbled, falling on the ground.

“Nice job!” Arche complimented the others"too bad I couldn’t be of much help."

Sakura quickly darted towards the creature and cut the orb loose. She then stuck her blade on a rock wall and started trying to cut a few pieces off.

“Sakura, what are you doing?” Angela asked.

“Blackrock… magical atrifacts… Ah, got it!” Elysium said, snapping his fingers “Let me give you a hand.”

Thanks to the energy blade, a few seconds were enough to cut six thin plates of Blackrock, along with several smaller pieces. Sakura grabbed a few items from her backpack and started mixing a thick white substance. She then placed one of the Blackrock plates on the ground, set the orb on it and vertically placed four more around it. She then started pouring the white substance on the junctions.

Arche was getting curious, and so she approached, watching everything with great interest.

“What’s that thing?”

“A secret superglue. It can glue all kinds of non-organic matter together, and once it dries, it can only be dissolved by a specific mix.”

“A perfect way of isolating the artifact until we can study it. Now, if you don’t mind…” Elysium said, before grabbing a portion of the mix and soaking a few of the smaller Blackrock pieces in it.

As Helga grinned, clearly having figured out what he was planning, he approached the unconscious Planewalker and stuck the Blackrock chunks all over its armor.
“This should keep him… it… whatever… from using more of those spells again in a hurry.”

Meanwhile, the strange meeting was still taking place. Kain and Tyrael took their seats, while some of the younger Guardians looked at the two. Kain noticed how a few of them kept staring at him, and showed his fangs, only making the whispering intensify.

Tyrael was calm, although he had some trouble sitting down because his tentacle-like wings kept getting tangled on other people’s faces. As he finally managed to restrain them, the bizarre appendages knocked a bottle down, spilling water all over Commander Chase. A few people snickered at his embarassment, but the Commander just seemed amused. Kain laughed loud enough to be heard, and a few girls gave him an evil stare. Apparently Tyrael had a few fans in the room.

“Right… Now where were we?” The young man asked, interrupting the others “Ah, right… We have already discussed your issue, Commander Chase. Your homeworld’s society has certainly evolved a lot since your departure. If you truly wish to return there and see it for yourself, then I believe you should gather some strength to withstand the feeling of displacement.”

After refreshing himself with a glass of water, he turned to Tyrael, who was desperately trying to pull one of the extensions of his right wing away from a Valkyrie’s ankle.
“So, what brings you here?”

“I am here to discuss the appointment of a Guardian to the universe I watched over. There are several suitable candidates, who have proven themselves in the fight against the three Prime Evils, but I am unable to choose one. They have… excuse me…”
He paused and cleared his throat “As I was saying, they have a wide range of skills, and each of them fights in his own way. Perhaps we could forge a Ring and split its essence among them.”

The young man started thinking, resting his head on his right fist. Kain looked around and, after making some threatening gestures to a human and a rude one to a Protoss, decided to speak.
“Honestly, I fail to see the point in all this… Guardians and strange trinkets… Frankly, Nosgoth turned out reasonably. I did not need any of your toys to get the job done.” he said, in a mocking tone.

Raziel’s voice echoed from the Reaver again.
“‘I did not need any of your toys…’ Oh Kain, you really do not want to get me started… The most loathsome part of being within the Reaver is having to watch as you drool on it every night and snore like a giant bear.”

Laughter echoed through the chamber, as Kain punched the Reaver’s blade and ended up hurting his claws.
“Oooh! Just wait until I manage to get you out of there…” he grumbled.

“You are obsessed with the Reaver. You always carry it around, even to the most bizarre places. I can barely wait to get out of here.”

Meanwhile, within the mountain cave, Arche was keeping an eye on the subdued enemy, as Darth scoured the chamber, looking for anything suspicious. He found a metallic tripod stuck deeply in the rock. A bulky chain was hanging from it, keeping a strange sword suspended over the lava. The handle was heavy, and the blade itsef was barbed and covered with spikes on one side, and extremely sharp on the other. A red jewel decorated the base of the blade, and it seemed to glow, awakened by the energy it was being exposed to.

“What is this thing…?”

He pulled the chain and noticed the blade’s unnatural weight. Tapping into the Force and making use of the strength he had gained through months of fighting and training, he hauled it away.

“Now that’s a weird toy.” Angela said, looking at it with a curious expression.

“And a potentially dangerous one, I bet.” Darth replied.

Elysium had remained quiet for a while, but then he decided to speak.

“A question, if I may… Why do you still use that name, Darth? You’re certainly not a Sith, and you’ve never been one, yet you keep wearing that Vader-style suit and all that…”

“Well, I suppose there’s no point in hiding the matter. I don’t know what I am anymore. Zable Fahr messed me up pretty badly, the bastard… He showed me the power of the Force because back where I’m from it was unknown and could thus give me an edge. He did much more than just make me unworthy of the Ring, he shattered my identity. When history was changed and I discovered that I had been detached from the timeline, I realized there was no turning back. I have nothing to return to, and my presence would constantly make my other self remember things he doesn’t want to. I need to redefine myself, find a new identity, a new path.”

“It reminds me of someone else… Many of us are lost, one way or another. Sometimes the answers we seek are right under our noses.” Elysium replied, in thoughtful contemplation."

Helga was collecting some samples of Blackrock, while Angela decided it would be prudent to stay away from the strange blade for the time being.

The group checked the cave again, and after retrieving the remaining artifacts the Planewalker had left there, they carried it out, along with its belongings. Kyrenthal carried the Blackrock cube, with the red orb inside, while Darth took the blade and Angela helped Arche with a few other things. Helga and Sakura handled their opponent’s transportation, making sure there would be no incidents.

“Now that we’ve captured this maniac, we need to know what we’re dealing with. As soon as he… she… it… oh, whatever… as soon as this creature awakens, I think a few answers are in order.” Darth said.

The group left the cave and the two Dragons rushed to meet them. Varnak was particularly pleased.

“Kyrenthal, we have found the airship. What should we do with it?”

The young Mage nodded in approval.
“You’ve done a great job. Could you show us where it is?”

“Certainly.”

Turning to the Black Dragon, Varnak ordered his thoughts.
“Sakhrat… If I recall it correctly, the airship seemed to be missing a part.”

“Yes. An orb, apparently.”

“No problem, we already have it.” Sakura said.

Darth put the blade down and returned to the camp site.
“Go ahead. I’ll just pick up the shelters and then I’ll join you.”

“Let me give you a hand with that.” Elysium said.

Just as Sakura and the others were dragging the unconscious Planewalker out of the cave, the Silver Seraph finally arrived. Duran couldn’t find Magus, so he decided to look for him in the library. He found the wizard sleeping with his head on a large tome.

“It looks like someone has a little obsession…” he thought out loud.

Duran tried patting his shoulder to see if he reacted. Strangely enough, Magus started mumbling in his sleep.

“Crazy succubus… don’t touch that! What’s this all about?”

Duran’s eyes widened and he started snickering.

You’ve really added a lot since I last checked this one properly. Then again, I’m falling behind in everything these days. Grr…
Well, it’s looking good. :slight_smile: Maybe you should write it in a file on your computer instead of straight onto the board though, so that you can post larger bits in a steadier pace. I think that might be more relaxing for you as well.

Phew, took me all day just to catch up since I last read… :get it?:

But yay! huggles Manus going great ^^ mesa waits for more. :slight_smile:

Meanwhile, the Guardian walked towards a room right next to his own and knocked on the door. After waiting for a few seconds and getting no reply, he touched the seal on its center, swiftly opening it. As soon as he did that, he heard a giggle and felt something hitting his chest like a large pillow. Then, as he looked, it vanished and in a split second he felt a mild and soft weight on his back. Even without looking behind him, he knew what was going on, and laughed softly.
“So, full of energy as usual, aren’t we?”

At the End of Time, Lord Kronox was uneasy. As he watched the flow, he knew that a very difficult period was ahead. As ominous thoughts came to his mind, he looked at the Guardian. He seemed happy with the way his life had turned out, after all the doubts that had once tormented him.

“Ah… it’s been so long since that fateful day… you left Earth, and I resumed my role as Timeshaper…” the mysterious being thought “You’re in for a rough time once again, and I cannot interfere. I’m sorry, but you have to find the strength to do this yourself. It’s the only way.”

As Timeshaper, Lord Kronox knew that some things were inevitable. Some events had to take place to prevent entire timelines from collapsing. Still, he wished he could change certain things. Having to watch an eternity of joy and disaster had taught him to respect those who challenged their fates.

“You can do it… you just need to be as stubborn as always.”

short updates but yay! ^^ I’ll try to keep up this time… ^^;;; but i wander who this mystirous person is? and my spelling is still off badly… :too bad;

The Guardian walked to the leisure room, where the others were waiting. The weight on his back didn’t bother him at all, and in fact he seemed happy to feel it. Cless looked at him and laughed a bit.

“What’s with the dragon wings now?” he asked.

The Guardian laughed too, as he helped a purring half-dragon girl with light brown curly hair and lively blue eyes down from his back. She was wearing a light green scaly armor and looked hyper and cheerful, and couldn’t stand still for too long. She kept flapping her dragon wings and had a small dragon tail wrapped around her waist. She looked cute and sweet, but something about her made the others think she could bite them.

“This is my favorite half-dragon, Chrissy. She’s here to find some adventure and to help us in our mission.”

She smiled and hopped around a bit.

“Are we there yet?” she asked, barely containing her enthusiasm.

“Yes, we have arrived. Now all we need is to get our gear and we’re off. Just give me a few minutes so I can bring you… another surprise.” he said, looking at Chrissy a bit, who smiled again, knowing what he was talking about.

Cless and Duran looked at her.

“How cute!” Duran said.

“Yeah…” Cless replied.

Magus was trying to be the usual grouch, so he pretended not to notice her and stuck his face into a book.

See! Chris-chris can keep up with fics! ^^;;;;:hahaha; :get it?: :noway: ::dekar!::

A nice update… though I’m surprised you used me in the fic. ^^; But I’m honored to take place in it. :kissy:

The Guardian walked towards another room and knocked on the door. He got no reply.

“Must be sleeping…” he thought.

He carefully opened the door and stepped into the dark room. He couldn’t hear a single sound, and that made him wonder if someone was playing a trick on him. Suddenly he had the feeling he was being watched, but before he could do anything, something soft and warm dropped from the ceiling, knocking him to the ground.

“Gotcha!” he heard a girl’s voice say in a playful tone.