The new PS2.

If you want FFXI, you should probably just go and play it on the computer.

Could you please list the “so much more” :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t be an ass, the same could be said about the GC and even then most of the games would be from Nintendo.

Ok, Fable, Shenmue 2, Full Spectrum Warrior, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Mechassault, Unreal, the Tom Clancy games are a million tiems better on XBox. Morrowind. These are just ones I have in addition, to the ones listed, but there are other good oens that I don’t have and just cna’t think of at the time.

Its funny how the PS2 can’t be compared to itself without turning the thread into a console flamewar.

Ok…Burnout 3, Hitman: Contracts, DOA (I must admit Tekken was better though), Top Spin Tennis, Starcraft: Ghost (it’ll be out soon enough), Silent Hill 4, Star Wars: Battlefront, Soul Caliber II (Spawn was the best special char), you could play Counterstrike, just to name a few more.

Seriously, why’d the other conoles ahve to be brought in or at least commented on when talked about?

Dunno. I’ve begun to think that people just don’t want to spend money on more than one console, and to justify it, blame it on the other consoles sucking. Or that their’ console of choice is the best. Its as though they think that the console they buy is somehow synonymous with the size of their’ penis. I never really get involved in these discussions, and I own a PS2, cube (albeit a broke one), and a superpowered PC, which gets all the xbox games I care about anyways. I KNOW that the xbox is good, its just that the exclusives I don’t care about much (except fable, but that isnt enough to get me to buy the system outright).

I don’t know what you’re smoking, but KotoR is better on the PC then on the xbox.

They already make toploading mods for the normal PS2s (So that you can easier play pirated games). That makes me wonder if this it gonna make playing pirated games much easier or not.

How many of those are FPS/TPSes?

2, Unreal and Ghost Reacon, besides the XBOX is beating the GC worldwide. So if the XBOX sucks and is in second place, then what does that say about the GC? Which jus tto playd evil’s advocate primarly ahs adventure games and not much else. Also, can’t we jsut get back to the topic and discuss the PS2, not which console is better. The argument has been going on for years and there is no change in any stance or positon.

I’m not saying the GC’s better. Hell, the GC is the most unlucky console of all because it was supposed to be Nintendo’s answer to all of its detractors of kiddie games (it was supposed to show them wrong…they missed the mark completely).

It’s just that the Xbox isn’t all it’s made out to be. Most of those games only shine because they’re amisdt games that either completely suck or are multiplatform. Mechassault is amazing, true. But can the same be said about the Tom Clancy games, which, personally, I feel that “if you’ve played one, you’ve played them all” (then again, I’m not an FPS gamer nor will I EVER be)?

Then again, in this modern day and age, I don’t think any game can have the general title of “ABSOLUTELY GREAT!”. No, not even Fable. I thought Custom Robo would have been IT, but I was sorely disappointed.

Hell, it’s hard to look forward to a game anymore, because the developers have to outright LIE to garner interest about their games.

Part f the reason for thsi is because many people are so hard on the XBOX that people who do like ti or can get past the MS factor have to build it up as more jut to get those who hate it to at least see some good. It is to raise the minimum.

Besides the XBOX is beating the GC worldwide. So if the XBOX sucks and is in second place, then what does that say about the GC?
I remember when I tried to use that exact argument… I must have sounded really stupid…

To me, X-Box is nothing but a breeding ground for genre clones and all the shitty $10 sports/popdance/etc. games in the bargain bin at Best Buy.

NG is an exception, but it’s so outdone by anything on GC and PS2. KotoR is KotoR. I think you all know my opinion of mass produced SW games.