The Last Unicron live-action remake info stuff

I and my sister watched this film almost every week when I was a kid, and I know at least a couple of other people on this forum love/d the film as well. Well they’re finally remaking it, as a live-action film!

This site has some pretty interesting-looking material like storyboards and stuff. The Bull at least looks pretty cool. Check it out.

It was supposed to have been finished in 2004. :frowning:

I hope they put America’s songs in it again. :slight_smile:

I’ve never heard of The Last Unicorn at all before now.

I used to watch that movie all the time when I was a little kid :smiley:

Oh man, I loved that movie when I was a kid. Still… Live-Action? I mean… is that really a good idea?

I’ve never heard of this until now, either.

Nor have I, and I was expecting a sarcastic kind of topic here.

Also, I misread the title as ‘the last action unicorn’, as though some splice with that old movie, ‘the last action hero’.

The Last Unicorn is a famous animated movie based on a fantasy novel. It’s about, well, The Last Unicorn, who finds herself transformed into a human and goes on a quest to return to normal, aided by a wizard who can only conjure potatoes (!?) and falls in love along the way. It’s hauntingly beautiful. I didn’t know it was being adapted into live action- according to Wikipedia, it’s supposed to be a CGI version.

In either case, I’m worried that they might fail to capture the magic of the first. It CAN be done, in either style, we’ve seen wonderful Live Action and CGI Fantasy movies, but I hope they resist the urge to mess too much with it.

The Last Unicorn was also a book first, Wilf. I’m sure Cid will pop in, see this thread, and give a good Cid post on the subject.

Did someone change the thread title or am I just really damn tired?

Uh, I mentioned that, 984.

Anyway, I’d love to see Cid explain it. ^^

Cid had a Last Unicorn page at one point. In fact, if you do a search for Last Unicorn Script, you’ll find one transcribed by me.

I also own the book, and while the movie was certainly extremely touching, the book had a very different tone. It was both lighter and more serious - more adult, in fact. I’ve heard about the live action remake for some time, but it seemed to have dropped off the radar about a year ago. From what I heard it was supposed to be much darker than its animated cousin, and because of that I doubt the music will make it through.

Some tidbits:
The same company did the animated TLU as did the animated The Hobbit (the latter was a lot worse). Oddly enough, Peter S. Beagle, the writer of the book, did the script for the Ralph Bakshi version of Lord of the Rings (the much pilloried animated version of the first two books).
Mia Farrow, a.k.a. Woody Allen’s ex-wife, was Lady Amalthea in the original; she’s Molly Grue in this one.
Christopher Lee, a.k.a. Saruman in Lord of the Rings and that evil Duke in Star Wars Episode II, plays Haggard in both versions.
Angela Lansbury, a.k.a. the old lady in Murder She Wrote and Bedknobs and Broomsticks, was Mommy Fortuna in the animated version.

I miss that movie. I want to see it again… ;_;

Live action remake? Nah, I’d rather see the animated version again.

YOU DONT KNOW THE MOVIE WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SAY BY THAT ARE YOU KIDDING ME IT’S ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME PROBABLY THE BEST ANIMATED ONE I DIDNT JUST LOVE THE MOVIE I LIVED THAT MOVIE AND THE REMAKE WILL NEVER POSSIBLY BE HALF AS GOOD AS THE ORIGINAL ANIMATED MOVIE JUST BECAUSE I SAY SO AND IT’S IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE A BETTER MOVIE ON THE BOOK THAN THIS ONE ARGHHHH

This post was brought to you by Caps lock™

The Last Unicron was destroyed by the transformers :frowning:

I hope they don’t ruin it.

God, Golan/Globus animation. I’m surprised people didn’t point to their verison of LotR when they argue that Frodo and Sam are gay (in the animation Sam looks ready to jump into Frodo’s lap at any given moment).

Someday, somewhere, those responsible will pay.

That said, enjoy your childhood flashback nostalgia thread.

I liked Rankin Bass version of The Hobbit. :confused: