The Last Unicorn: The comic book

Fans of The Last Unicorn (the movie or the book) might be interested on this: there’s a comic book adaptation on sale right now. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=user_review&id=2192

I only found about this myself today.

For those who don’t know, The Last Unicorn is the story of a Unicorn mare on a quest to find the rest of her race- who falls in love with a human prince. (No, it’s not a Furry story, she gets turned human. :P) It was adapted as an animated movie back in the 80’s. It’s one of the most hauntingly beautiful movies I’ve seen, from the story to the art to the music. I’m glad to see that it gets reinterpreted in a new medium for a new generation (and apparently done well, according to the review; it’s hard to catch that kind of atmosphere in a comic book.)

Even fans of it may not know that the story has a sequel, a short story in which The Prince, now an old man, dies in noble battle against a griffin, and is visited by The Unicorn one last time. No I don’t know if that will be included in the comic.

Might be worth checking out.

That is fucking awesome.

The instant this is released in a single volume, it will be mine. The INSTANT.

I really need to go back and watch that movie again. That, and The Secret of Nimn (and maybe go back and rewatch some Fern Gully and An American Tail since its been ages since I’ve last saw either of those).