The kitty is not pleased.

When I realized some of teh stuff I lost:

The collab fic, my Metroid fic, Super Smash ToB, some of my RPG ideas, the RPGC 2D fighter bit…

If you guys ever find out who the numbnut was, tell me abotu him first before you press charges? I wanna see how many holes I can put in them before they pass out.

Kittys are sharp, make him bleed.

DEAR GOD!!! THE PICTURE THREAD!!! NOW WHERE WILL I FIND PICS TO MASTUR-errrrr look at???

I have a feeling the Free RPers will be pretty pissed too, there were some things that were getting long there like Fatal Fantasy.

This is merely a suggestion, but you shouldn’t concern yourself with people or things you don’t like. It’s very unhealthy.

SS : Not if I can catch him first :stuck_out_tongue:

Eh, an online message board isn’t a good place to keep stuff that’s important. Pretend that everything on the message board could be gone the next time you go there, so if you want to keep something, make a copy of it onto your own computer. Although this wouldn’t work for collaborative roleplays…maybe big roleplays could assign a secretary.

Who knows. Maybe we will luck out with some of the stuff we lost. I didn’t lose anything really imporant, just a story prologue and some links I never bookmarked.

True that, but I hadn’t exactly thought of it then. Maybe later though. Crap happens I suppose.

It does happen indeed, wait! I may now claim noob status! w00t!

Poor kitty… This is all so weird. >_>

Hey, it’s your fault shoulda kept backups starstorm

They should still have the database backup, which would contain old versions of said threads. Anyway: Don’t keep important stuff on a messageboard, actually, don’t keep it on a pc at all.

Another prime example of RPGC not backing up :frowning:

but oh well, the core site sounds like its pretty well backed up, so that isnt a real problem. Message boards are just message boards, nothing really important.

There’ll probably be many more SQL backups now.

I doubt that anyone saw this coming, geuss we will just have to be more careful and actually back up stuff we like here in case this happens again.

Originally posted by Frameskip4
I doubt that anyone saw this coming, geuss we will just have to be more careful and actually back up stuff we like here in case this happens again.
… 3rd time in three weeks. You didn’t see a pattern?

I saw the pattern, I just thought something was going on with the hosting, I didn’t see a full site crash.

It’s unlikely that we’ll ever catch him.

Was the worm aimed specifically at RPGC, or did we catch it from the server, meaning someone attacked the server?