The Hades Shinigami Annual Put Up and Shutup NHL Playoff Prediction Thread

Can you say this sort of thing in real life, or only on forums? I ask because I feel it would be hard for me to say most things you do without throwing up in my mouth a little, but feel like I could type it, on account of not throwing up out of my fingers.

I don’t get your point. Are there people who LIKE seeing average hockey players get paid more for a simple endorsement than better players get paid for a year of work? Especially when the kinds of numbers we’re talking about are upwards of $20m? The thought of ever being defeated enough to think that’s okay kinda makes ME throw up in my mouth a little, but okay.

I just mean, sometimes if one is too full (of food, alcohol, oneself, etc.), one must throw up the excess.

And what about people who starve themselves when they’re already empty because they have body image issues? Isn’t it strange how they think they’re fat when they’re on the verge of death? In fact, it kinda reminds me of someone who might frequent a certain forum who is so used to complacency, powerlessness and lack of initiative and opinions that he thinks people with healthy pride are full of themselves.

I’m sorry, I shouldn’t poke fun at how you think hemorrhaging self-esteem is desirable.

You really shouldn’t, since I’m super arrogant.

Shit, Arac is anorexic? I should have mailordered him when he was available.

It’s possible to be arrogant in one respect and not in others, bro. Besides, all I can do on these boards is comment on your posts. It’s not my problem if your personality flip flops depending on what’s convenient for you. Integrity wouldn’t be so prized if everyone had it.

Nah, he’s probably a fatty. He spends enough time on this failing site to keep tabs on me and try to analyze how I think in more than a very vague way. In fact, that seems to be a lot of peoples’ hobbies here, that and splitting hairs. It’s probably a good thing for me to not have my story straight about him.

Anyway, back on topic, I can’t believe SJ has already dropped two games to what is basically a road hockey team. I have no idea how teams like Chicago are allowed to go as far in the playoffs as they do, it just seems really strange. Even considering how luck ridden most hockey games are, I would like to think someone could off them by now.

Reallllly pleasantly surprised by Philly though. They were beasts in the Boston series. I still kinda want Montreal to beat them though.

Aw, Rig, for you, I’m always available!

I was making fun of you in that thread, I’m making fun of you in this thread, and I’ll be making fun of you for as long as you recycle your comebacks from attack ads in the 2004 elections. That’s what I call integrity.

This post paid for by Arac for Rig’s wife in 2010.

Buy Hades, he’s an anarchist and thus free, since he doesn’t want taxes going to the Man.

I do flip-flop fairly constantly I suppose, going from calling you arrogant for thinking you were the final judge on who deserved praise and attention to calling you self-defeating in a thread where you whined about how much attention Dio was getting, giving him more in the process. I understand those two criticisms are different, and it could come across as a flip-flop, but what you have to keep in mind is that when I say one of those two things, I don’t mean it exclusively, I mean that, you’re a grandiloquent little megalomaniac who ruins his own grandiose plans by actively undermining them. As clearly seen in the Dio thread, where you go from mocking the attention given to Dio to admitting you’re also “focussed” on him, it’s evident you’re the flip-flopper, and clearly Rig’s superior mating choice, since my cripplingly arrlowgant self-image will force me to always be on bottop.

You have your wires crossed. My problem isn’t inherent in the attention Dio’s getting, but in the reasons for that attention, and in the consequent lack of attention being applied where it should be. You’re equivocating here. You’re trying to act like I’m undermining my own objectives even though, wouldn’t you know know it, there’s now a discussion taking place in that thread based on exactly the reasons I started it. Every argument you try to engineer on these forums seems to be based around language mechanics. You take the spirit of an argument and try to abuse the words to make it look like you hold some amazing position in the conversation, even though you always know exactly what the other person is trying to say and have no problem agreeing with it. This is exactly the kind of hair-splitting I mentioned a few posts up. You might have a more pleasant time here if you stop running rhetorical circles around yourself and looking for ways to argue for the sake of arguing.

BTW, if it’s convenient for you, would you like me to put a MONSTER 1600x1200 picture of the letters “IMO” in my sig so

thinking you were the final judge on who deserved praise and attention
you can reply to my posts without assuming I think I’m an omniscient god because I didn’t explicitly state that something I typed on a forum is my opinion? Or maybe you’d be better off just manning up and not compulsively straw manning me?

You win this one, The 984!

I’m going to make an honest man out of you yet.

Why doesn’t Hades post have any silly portmanteau’s. Mine had two.

How do you respond to these criticisms I have libelalry hurled at you?
_>

>summon dragin_

>Unknown object “dragin”. Want to summon some help? y/n

>n_

>summon dragon_

>A majestic DRAGON descends from the skies. Your enemies scatter in fear and you lord over the burnt landscape. The beast asks you telepathically, “What is your command, master?”

>fly_

>The DRAGON takes to the sky! You can see your house from here! Its charred husk at least… Where do you want to fly to?

>milan_

>The DRAGON understands. As it perches on the Duomo you feel his next question. Inter or Milan?

>burnlusconi_

>“I see what you did there”, huffs the DRAGON and puffs while a small man that curiously looks like Jose Mourinho dies from anger as people are looking at the DRAGON and not fawning over him.

>_

>_

>A man comes closer. He’s ugly and holds a bow.

>burn man_

>Your DRAGON is out of fuel. He can’t afford much oil with current prices.

>The ugly man shoots a black arrow at your DRAGON. The DRAGON crashes down.

>Everything is dark and you feel terrible. A finger pokes at you. What do you do?

>cower_

>“Dont fear, friend, the beast is dead!”. The ugly man offers you a drink.

>get drunk_

…admit it, this place would be boring without me.

Au revoir le Canadien. It was good while it lasted, but the horrible 1-for-22 (and considering Flyers’ shorthanded goal, a net 0-for-22) power play finished them off.
Bob Gainey’s July 2009 “harvest” of free agents produced a nice playoffs contender after all.