The good, the bad, and the ugly.

The ugly:
A friend of mine who has been in Iraq since before the war and was scheduled to come home next month has been cancelled. He’s lost several friends already so it really sucks.

The bad:
A friend of mine who just got back from over seas (on ship, no where near Iraq) has had his leave cancelled and he’s being sent over to Iraq next month.

The good:
Both of those actions indicate that my unit will be staying in Iraq for awhile longer which means my chances of being sent over after school (to weeks from now) have increased from almost no chance. And yes, I’ve been told that I’m insane many times.

eh, we’re all insane…but “the ugly” really sucks. i feel sorry for your friend…

The husband of one of my coworkers is in the Army in some sort of special forces unit, and he’s over there somewhere I think. I’m not very knowledgeable about military organization and certainly not about assignments, so I know no more than that. After he returns they’ll be moving to Florida, where he’s been reassigned.

Another of my coworkers is engaged to an Army helicopter pilot who is in Iraq now. He’s been there three months.

My Dad’s a member of a CCATT team, which is basically a medical team. He’s been traveling all over the place for almost 3 months now. It’s highly annoying.

The Ugly: Sucks.

The Bad: Sucks even more.

The Good: You ARE insane. You actually like it there?

Originally posted by Infonick
The good:
Both of those actions indicate that my unit will be staying in Iraq for awhile longer which means my chances of being sent over after school (to weeks from now) have increased from almost no chance. And yes, I’ve been told that I’m insane many times.

The battle getting to you? I’ve heard stories of soldiers losing it during war.
You’ll be okay. You still have us.

No, MBG, he means that people have told him he was insane for preferring to stay overseas in danger than to come back and have to go to school. He’s not actually going insane :stuck_out_tongue:

he IS insane…nobody would stay in a battle longer than they have to…

Correct me if I’m wrong, but from my understanding his unit was in Iraq but he was still in america in school? Or did I totally misread the good part?

well, it sounds that way…

The only good thing about Iraq now is being able to pillage the possessions of Saddam and his party. Except for that, the place really sucks.

Originally posted by Zero
Correct me if I’m wrong, but from my understanding his unit was in Iraq but he was still in america in school? Or did I totally misread the good part?

Zero is completely correct. I haven’t been over yet, but I REALLY want to go.

So I’m guessing that you were probably gonna spend the whole summer without seeing your unit? That would suck, I guess.

Forgive me for a stupid question since I’m completly ignorant on the matter but… why aren’t you with your unit? You are still in training or something?

Originally posted by Seraphim Ephyon
Forgive me for a stupid question since I’m completly ignorant on the matter but… why aren’t you with your unit? You are still in training or something?

I’m in training because when we were activated, I wasn’t deployable and needed more training.

So I’m guessing that you were probably gonna spend the whole summer without seeing your unit? That would suck, I guess.

I haven’t been with them since April. I don’t know when I’ll be seeing them again either, it could be in the winter.