The future of the FF series looks bad

The FF series is known for being the most succesful role-playing series in America.
The reason it got to this fame is that it had a development team that worked their
asses off and made great games. But ever since Square merged with Enix, my oppinions have changed. I am very excited for Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts II, but everything else I question. It was almost pointless to make FFX-2,
since it almost had no storyline and was all sidequests. Many believe that FFX was
good but got ruined by FFX-2. The decision to make an entire series based on FFVII was down right stupid. I have come to a theory that Square will barely put
any effort into those games. They are just being stingy dickless bastards and
want stupid and gullible people who liked FFVII to buy them. I didn’t believe any of this at first, but the news finally told me why all these games are crap. So many of the Square Enix staff left the company after the merging. Last year, Hiroshimu Sakaguichi, the founder of the FF series, left the company to form his own, Mist Walker. After he formed this company, other people left Square Enix to work at
Mist Walker, including the FF character designer Yoshitaka Amano and the music composer Nobuo Uemetsu. This news shows that the good staff are gone, and the new staff will be horrible. The new staff will turn the FF series into crap. I am very dissappointed.

Hey whats wrong with 7 o.O

NEW THINGS ARE CRAP!

Well it’s very suprising that they did as good as they did.

Why do you say that?

Usually games/books have trouble making good hits one after another they did good up till 7. Then from what i hear they messed up 8. After that i thought they did a good job on 9 and 10. This is my opinion though so let’s hear what you think.

I thought 1-7 were alright. 8 was horrible. 9 and 10 were my favorites in series. But after that the series has gone completely downhill, which is were I am afraid it will go from this point on.

Agreed, 11 i hated the most though i mean yar can’t you bleedin keep in the realm of turn based rpg or at least make it to where you dont’ have it online. Personaly i hate online console gaming.

It was almost pointless to make FFX-2, since it almost had no storyline and was all sidequests.

And it sold quite well. I personally found it more enjoyable than most other RPGs released in the last two years.

The decision to make an entire series based on FFVII was down right stupid. I have come to a theory that Square will barely put
any effort into those games. They are just being stingy dickless bastards and
want stupid and gullible people who liked FFVII to buy them. I didn’t believe any of this at first, but the news finally told me why all these games are crap.

This from someone who HAS NOT PLAYED A SINGLE ONE OF THESE GAMES. People said Kingdom Hearts would be awful because it was a sellout between Disney and Square, but the result, while not unbelievable, was a very good game. Maybe give them a chance before preaching doom.

Last year, Hiroshimu Sakaguichi, the founder of the FF series, left the company to form his own, Mist Walker. After he formed this company, other people left Square Enix to work at Mist Walker, including the FF character designer Yoshitaka Amano and the music composer Nobuo Uemetsu.

You mean Hironobu Sakaguchi. And he hasn’t had much input into the series since FF7, and it’s done quite well without that. Both Amano and Uematsu have been free-lancers for some time as well. In any case, Amano wasn’t at the helm of FF7, 8, 10, 11, or CC. Uematsu shared music duties with two others for FF10. I can’t honestly say that any of the games suffered because of that.
Just because FF is changing direction doesn’t mean it’ll suck.

I think almost everyone has said this at one point. Then they realize that times do change and change (while scary) can often lead to new and original ideas and better games.

If Final Fantasy never changed its formula, it’d be like Dragon Warrior, which (gameplay wise) has thus-far blown more horse dong than a texas whore.

I’m glad Squenix is taking strides to let the series evolve. All things must change, lest they be forgotten and left behind…

I’ll judge the FF series dead if they totally fuck up FFXII after delaying it so long.

I dont’ think they will be having anymore coming out…least taht what i heard.

Yoshitaka Amano is a freelancer, and all-but left FF after 6. He came back briefly for FFIX, but, apparently, he still didn’t like the direction they were going, or so I gather from an interview with him about the Vampire Hunter D novels, so, meh. That’s probably oversimplified.

Now, I personally thought FFVII was pretty good, FVIII was fun in the way kitschy melodrama is fun, FFIX was a piece of shit, and FFX was good. I liked FFII-VI pretty well, and I was a meh, to me. So I don’t really think they’ve been going down hill,I think they’ve been losingtiny bits of consistancy.

Did you just call FFIX a piece of shit! FFIX is my favorite in the series. Do me a big favor and go fuck yourself.

Dude calm down, everyone is allowed to have their own opinions. If they don’t agree with you, tough. Just get to it.

And you do realise that technically after 10, the series has only officially been 11. 10-2 was a spinoff, a pretty good one in my opinion. And the games based on 7, are also spinoffs, and not officially apart of the series. So it’s hard to see any real down fall, after just one game.

FF9 is my favorite too, but a lot of people dislike it. Get used to it.

From what i know the first one is the reason they are still making games they had one last chance at a video game, thus the name, so i thought it was pretty good. They also remade it with better graphics and wtf a blonde fighter (which is bullshti).

That is true, FF used to be awesome. But when Square merged with Enix, all the good staff that made it left. FF will never be the same good RPG series it was 5 years ago.

I thought Mist Walker was still owned by SE?

No, it’s not.

And again, it’s very amusing that you magically know that S-E will only produce crap from now on. Even if you can argue that every single game they produced since the merger was bad (which is highly debatable), an off-year for a company that has been making quality games for 15 years isn’t a trend. Why not wait another year or two before confidently predicting the doom of a multimillion dollar company?