The "funny" thing about war.

In case you didn’t know, there are rules of war. Such as there are some weapons that cannot be used against humans because it is “inhumane”. Like killing people in the first place is humane. However, those rules are easily avoidable if you aim at their gear. Such as using a .50 cal machine gun (it has been used since WW1 and can crush your head 6ft away) is inhumane to fire at people (I don’t know why we mount them on vehicles if we can’t shoot people with them), however, if you aim at their gear (such as their canteen on their waste or their weapon), it is alright if you hit them since you weren’t trying to kill them, just destroying their gear. Incinerary grenade rounds are also illegal to use against people. It is just funny that we have weapons that are illegal to use on people, but have such easy ways to get around them. There are other rules like that too, but that is the “funniest” of them all.

Thoses rules work, REALLY WELL don’t they!!

“Oops, I missed and killed all our enemies instead of blowing up one guy’s canteen.”

The basic rules of war:

1. Don’t fire at civilians…unless they’re reaching into their pockets to get cigarretes and you think they’re pulling out a gun, or they get in the way of a bomb, or they decide to talk trash about your girlfriend, or if they do any action besides appeasing you.

2. Gas is not good…unless it’s flammable, in which case you can use it freely to crush your foes.

3. Let your people know the truth…or as much as you want to tell them.

4. Negotiate first…that way it won’t look like your fault when things go to hell.

Am I missing any?

There’s no honor in fighting like that… That’s just barbaric!

So basically you can shoot the guys claiming that you missed their gear. Nice rules.

I say we abandon any civility rules and just encourage all-out imperialism. Sure, it’ll usher in an age of terror and unspeakable inhumanity, but if WW2 taught us anything, it’ll make for some GREAT video games.

In that case… let’s grab the Soul Reaver! Drop the Concrete Donkeys on them! Aim paintball guns at their ‘ornaments’!

Heh. I can understand the rules of war, and yet I can’t. War is about killing. Simple as that. Kill as much as you can so the enemy is either unable to resist, or unwilling. War is by it’s very nature inhumane. So why do we beat around the bush about it?

Originally posted by Manus Dei
In that case… let’s grab the Soul Reaver! Drop the Concrete Donkeys on them! Aim paintball guns at their ‘ornaments’!

Anyway- to everyone else… these rules are fracking barbaric! Its not like the US follows ANY of the rules of warfare, anyway. -_-

Originally posted by d Galloway
[b]The basic rules of war:

1. Don’t fire at civilians…unless they’re reaching into their pockets to get cigarretes and you think they’re pulling out a gun, or they get in the way of a bomb, or they decide to talk trash about your girlfriend, or if they do any action besides appeasing you.

2. Gas is not good…unless it’s flammable, in which case you can use it freely to crush your foes.

3. Let your people know the truth…or as much as you want to tell them.

4. Negotiate first…that way it won’t look like your fault when things go to hell.

Am I missing any? [/b]

Actually, all wrong.

Rule 1 of yours. You don’t fire unless fired upon or there is no other choice. If he starts to reach for something you yell at him to stop. If he continues, you shoot to disable, if you are close enough, you buttstroke his ass.
2. Um…no.
3. Do first, ask why later, no matter what the situation in the military.
4. It’s hard to say what I want to say.

So basically you can shoot the guys claiming that you missed their gear.

For the most part.

Originally posted by MegamanX2K
but if WW2 taught us anything, it’ll make for some GREAT video games.
X, that is the funniest thing I have heard all day.

There are rules to war, and they just seem to get broken.

Pah. Methinks the “Rules of War” were created by people who were too afraid of what they started and wanted to give some sort of civility to something which is no more than barbaric chaos.

That’s pretty sickening then Info. Guh, yeah I was aiming for his canteen, that’s why I shot him in the face.

Originally posted by Rountree
[b]…

Anyway- to everyone else… these rules are fracking barbaric! Its not like the US follows ANY of the rules of warfare, anyway. -_- [/b]

Actually, we do follow the rules of war. If not, we do get punished, some rules (like the one I mentioned), are harder to catch.

Originally posted by Rountree
[b]…

Anyway- to everyone else… these rules are fracking barbaric! Its not like the US follows ANY of the rules of warfare, anyway. -_- [/b]

I was being sarcastic! :thud:

Another rule: you cannot kill people directly – firing, stabbing, exploding them etc. – but you can cut their water, food & power supplies & sources & let them starve and dehydrate to death in the dark.

Oh yeah, as Bush said… If the enemy uses any illegal weapons, that legitimates legal use of them for US. Such as those three little nukes stationed in Turkey.

Originally posted by Ren
Another rule: you cannot kill people directly – firing, stabbing, exploding them etc. – but you can cut their water, food & power supplies & sources & let them starve and dehydrate to death in the dark.

Great…ruin the little bit of seriousness in this post. However, that is the reason that you can shoot their gear with those weapons.

Originally posted by Manus Dei
I was being sarcastic! :thud:

Its not so much the sarcasm as the fact it didn’t make any fracking sense. :stuck_out_tongue:

I dunno. Just shooting them would make more sense.