The fuh? Apparently if you're gay you get 17 years...

They had a scene of the two waking up in the morning, in bed, naked, in the movie I saw. Thats highly implicative of what happened the night before.

So are we talking about the actual play William Shakespear wrote, or some Romeo and Juliet movie, which has been done a million times?

I can’t imagine the actual play being corruptive to young teenagers. Here, we get an option of studying it in High School and by then, you know, not everyone is as retarded as they were in Junior High. But you never know.

Originally posted by RedComet
Has there ever been anyone to blame schools for promoting sex? Most high schools, in America anyway, make the students read Romeo and Juliet and in that they’re 13 or 14 and bumpin and grindin.

Yeah, we better go burn all that evil godforsaken Shakespeare crap that’s making everyone want to have sex!!! :stuck_out_tongue: Guh. That’s almost as dumb as trying to give somebody 17 yrs in prison for oral sex.

Anyway, rather than looking for someone to blame, or looking for someone to punish, how 'bout we just pass out some condoms and teach safe sex practices so that when kids do it they won’t get diseases and pregnancy and completely screw up their lives? Abstinence is a great thing to promote and all, but it’s hardly reality.

I was going by the play rather than a movie, although it would probably apply to the movies as well. It’s been a while since I read it, but the evidence comes from a scene when Juliet is talking with her Nurse, there’s mention of a ladder (for Romeo to climb up to her balcony at night) and Juliet says something about how not needing it since Romeo’s being bannished, but at the end of the scene changes her mind and decides that it will be used.

That’s just stupid! I mean, really!