The First Time

Happy Valentine’s Day! I don’t have any new fics I’ve written today, but I do have one I did about a month or so ago…all about Irvine’s first time. People on DSL have probably seen this. I think Kaiser has maybe. Enjoy!

The First Time

It all began when Selphie whispered into Irvine’s ear. He had been surprised that she would suggest such a thing, but at the same time, he had known her long enough to know that she didn’t always follow convention. If she got something in her mind, she’d go for it, despite what others said. He looked at the excitement in her eyes and asked, “Are you sure? Selphie, if we get caught…”

“Since when would you turn something like this down?” she pouted. “Come on, Irvine, I want to do this with you.”

“Are you positive?” he asked, feelings of uncertainty clouding his mind.

“More than I’ve ever been,” she smiled. “I’ve been thinking about it a lot lately.”

“Selphie!” he chided her with a laugh. “I’m surprised at you!”

“What?” she asked defensively. “It’s a normal feeling!”

“Well, if you’re really sure, then how can I say no?” He took both of her hands in his own and squeezed them. “You know I’d do anything for you.”

“Anything?” She raised an eyebrow.

“Anything,” he confirmed. “I’ll come for you tonight then, after curfew. I’ve broken curfew plenty of times. I know how not to get caught.”

Selphie giggled with excitement mixed with apprehension, but she had already made the proposition. She couldn’t take it back now and truthfully, she didn’t want to. She had come to really care for Irvine and there was no one else she wanted to do this with.

That night, Selphie said goodnight to all her friends and got ready for bed…or rather, went through the pretense. When the lights went out, she threw the covers back and dressed back into her day clothes, the only light coming from the moon through her window. She sat on the bed and waited for Irvine to arrive, afraid that he had decided to back out. She didn’t think he would, but a part of her would feel so rejected if he did.

She sighed with relief when she heard the knock on the door. Tap-ta-ta-tap-tap. That was the secret knock they had decided upon several months ago. This was actually the first time they had the opportunity to use it! She opened the door a crack and saw Irvine’s grinning face. “You used the secret knock!” she giggled.

“Yeah, I know!” he returned with almost as much excitement as she exhibited. They paused briefly. “Do you really want to do this? I don’t want to make you do anything you don’t want to.”

“Irvy, I already told you, I want this,” Selphie emphasized. “I would never have brought it up if I hadn’t already made up my mind.”

“Then you win,” he held up both hands. “Let’s go before anyone sees us!”

The two stealthily crept down the hallway, keeping their eyes and ears alert to anyone who might be walking about. They could get into serious trouble if anyone caught them, but the experience would be worth it. Irvine put his finger to his lip and pointed down the hall at a security camera that was scanning for movement. Selphie paled and Irvine winked at her. He pointed down another hallway. “This way,” he whispered. Selphie followed him obediently and he led her through a number of hallways, always seeming to dodge where each camera was. Selphie was impressed, but at the same time, a bit dismayed that he seemed so experienced at all this.

They reached the front entrance of Balamb Garden and paused as they tried to decide how to sneak past the guards. Again, Irvine winked at her with reassurance and stood up, ready to take some action. He did the obvious: he cast sleep on the two. As they drifted off into slumberland, he pulled Selphie to her feet and they ran outside.

When they were far enough away, Selphie let out the excited laughter she had been trying to suppress. It was all so exhilarating! Irvine grew serious and took Selphie by the hand. Together, they walked to a clearing a good distance from Balamb Garden. He loved the way she looked at that moment. Her face was bathed in the soft glow of the moonlight and though it was dark, her eyes still sparkled. “Over there?” he raised his eyebrow and pointed to a soft patch of grass. Selphie nodded softly.

Hand in hand, the couple walked, each step in sync with each other. Suddenly, Irvine seemed uneasy. Selphie had never seen him so nervous.

“Selphie, can I tell you something?” he finally asked her.

“Of course!” she grinned. She thought his uncertainty was kind of cute.

“I’ve…um…kind of…never done this before.”

Selphie’s jaw dropped with shock. “What? You’re lying to me!”

“No, I’m not.” He dropped his head in shame, but he knew he couldn’t keep up the pretense any longer.

“But you’re a–”

“I know, I know. And I’m embarrassed about it because everyone thinks I have. Don’t you dare tell any of the others, promise?”

“I promise,” she said solemnly, crossing her heart in a vow.

Irvine paused. “When was your first time?”

“When I was sixteen,” she said. “His name was Kenley and he was…beautiful.” A dreamy look crossed her eyes as she recalled that day. The two were silent for a moment.

“Don’t worry, Irvy,” Selphie’s voice was soft and she grabbed his hand. “I’ll show you what to do. Don’t be nervous, ok?”

“I’m more embarrassed than nervous!”

“Well, don’t be embarrassed either. Everyone’s got to have a first.”

“I suppose you’re right.”

She led him to the chocobo that was grazing in the field and began to show him everything he needed to know: how to mount it, what to say, and what to do. With a little practice, he’d be as good a rider as anyone. She climbed on behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist. The wind blew softly and everything seemed so peaceful. She had been dreaming about riding a chocobo under the stars, as silly as it might have seemed. And there was no one she had rather shared it with than her closest friend. “See? Everyone’s got to have a first.”

“You’re right,” he agreed with more confidence.

I’ve seen my fair share of innuendo in my life, but this is just filled with it.

laughs Sweet Aliena. You do know how to string a reader on.

Ahh, yes. I’ve seen this at DSL as well, long ago when I still lurked around there for a little :slight_smile: It’s a nice, sneaky one.

I shall let the emiticons express what words cannot.

::dekar!:: :hahaha; :mwahaha: :cool: :get it?:

innocent Why, guys, I don’t know what you mean! The story was completely straightforward…no innuendo in there. Nuh-uh. Nosiree. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hee hee! Glad ya’ll liked.

YEeeaaaaah. Suuuuure Aliena. Riiiight.

HAHAHAHA!

Comedy gold.

I really don’t see it as comic. I see it as a rather sweet fic of two lovers on thier first time…

Until the end, with a twist that makes it all innocent and you laugh at yourself for thinking it was naughty. Dunno how to explain it

That’s a great story. You can’t read it without smiling at the ending.

Great fic. One that you can’t help but smile whilst reading the ending.

:hahaha; Cute :slight_smile: