The Final Fantasy XII thread

Im usually not. I just assumed that if it was in the same world, a link would be expected. I do know that the espers share the names with the zodiac monsters.

I’ve only found two Espers with the same name as the Lucavi, and both were optional bosses hidden in the bowels of the last place you would normally look. STill haven’t beaten them. The story Espers have other names.

You’ll have to get the Gambit Slots from the license board which will be unlocked at the same time as the Gambit System. Speaking of which, try to pay attention to what you get from the board, it is more or less segmented into areas, so you’ll know better where to move when you are trying to get something specific.

So I have to spend license points into gambits?

Also , is there any advantage to using different kinds of weapons? Like will rods make my spells better?

Yes, and money to buy them. The Gambits themselves are cheap, the slots not so much, but not too bad still.

I haven’t found any really good rods yet, and I am too much in love with shields, so I haven’t tried that. You should keep one or two ranged (Guns/Bows) to use against flying enemies because they can’t be struck with normal melee weapons, though there aren’t that many flying enemies.

Remember not to be fooled by guns’ low attack power, they ignore defense, so their damage is just as good as anything on the same level. Ninja Swords are awesomely crazy-fast, poles are strong and they give good defense. Still, a shield with the Shield Block licenses blocks about 1/3 of the time.

I’ve had the game for about a week :P…(bittorrent). I haven’t had jack for time to play anything lately, but i’ll get there eventually.

Just as a random note, I heard you press up/down on the D-pad to change gambits later. Someone said it wasn’t mentioned, then said some (random NPC?) does say it. shrugs It could be helpful. Though, I won’t find out firsthand… yet.

The Up button in the D-Pad is to change the leader character (The one you control). You can turn gambits on/off from the quick action menu, but customizing them requires you to open the full menu.

The gambit system was nice at first, but now that it’s later in the game and bosses are harder, I pretty much have to give the controls to the gambit system and only really make emergency desisions any more. So I’m not really liking the lack of overall control of the character I’m using. Otherwise the game id fantastic.

You know, I wasn’t really planning on getting this game, at least not for a while, but my brother went and bought it, so now I might as well play it.

sniffs Its things like this that make living in N.I suck… FFXII won’t be out for months…

BUT on a lighter note, DoC comes out in 16 days…and I’ve already pre-ordered it…so that and KH2 will help pass the time until FFXII is released :slight_smile:

my friend just got this and since moneys really really tight for me now im just gonna wiat for him to beat it. and im gonna burrow it. i also dont have a ps2 of my own, its my other friends so hopefully he doesnt take it back till then.

Its gonna be a long wait,

AERIS DIES

I remember I died shortly after unlocking the gambit config, so after I reloaded, I did a rush job putting it back the way I had it… Sort of:

This is what I wanted:

Ally HP < 70 cure
nearest enemy attack

Ally HP < 70 cure
nearest enemy attack

Ally HP < 70 cure
nearest enemy attack

This is what I had (each line on two sepprate characters):
Ally HP < 70 Attack

nearest enemy cure

So what ended up happening was only one of the characters got set up right. That one was the one that got low HP first, so while she was curing herself, the other guy is shooting her. Meanwhile, Vaan is spamming cure on an enemy, attacking it, curing it, attacking it… you get the idea.

Moral: Don’t rush gambit configurations!

I think there maybe a method to bazzar items. That the game keeps a certain hidden counter for all of the items you sell in the game reguardless as to where you sell your swag. Sadly I haven’t followed the amounts necessary for said items, but it seems to have a definate pattern to how it works.

Did anyone get the Cluckatrice job posting from Montblanc in Rabanastre before you go to errr Bhujerba (spelling?)?

I killed the tomato, the thextra, the cactus and the ghost. Now I have 2 jobs left which are the cluckatrice and the one in Bhujerba. I wanted to kill the Cluckatrice in Giza before leaving Rabanastre but she kicked my ass with her kids.

There’s no trick with the Cluckatrice, you simply are not powerful enough. Level up and try again later.

As a rule, Elite Marks (The ones Montblanc gives you) are tougher than regular marks of the same rank. For example, the Elite Mark Gil Snapper (Rank III) still gave me trouble even though I was plowing through Rank IV marks easily by then. Don’t worry, go to Bhujerba, get better equiment, do the hunts there and go for the Cluckatrice later. Hunts never time-out or anything, so there’s no pressure.

EDIT: A warning, do not assume that because you are given a hunt at a certain time, you should be able to do it at that time. You’ll definitely build up a backlog of marks that are given way too early until you become strong enough to finish them. Right now I’m cleaning through six backlogged Rank V marks that I’ve had pending for over ten hours.

I have just bought the game today, I havent got the time to play it because I wont’t be able to get to a PS2 within the next week. I got the game for just under 70 dollars(cdn) at zellers. Was that a rip or not? They did not have the limited edition yet, so I wonder what I missed out. Does anyone know what is in the limited edition one? Tell me please

:moogle: :ark: WOOT!!! I got it though

Originally Posted by Sinistral
Did anyone get the Cluckatrice job posting from Montblanc in Rabanastre before you go to errr Bhujerba (spelling?)?

It’s not the most possible battle out there when your enemy has the ability to pertirfy you and you have no way of curing it without a nap or a save crystal. Plus auto haste tends to make things harder too.:moogle:

Ok, so I just got out of the Leviathan and I have a bunch of ppl in my party. Do I need to keep all people leveled and geared up at all times? I figure that’s probably a yes since I can change people in combat. Is that something useful to do in boss fights?

Also, is anyone particularly good at anything? Because essentially, I can make everyone the same way, in theory.

If you try to keep everyone even, you’ll either take FOREVER or just end up with six underleveled characters. Sadly, it’s just best to choose three and stick to them. I mostly rely on the reserve people to get my ass out of the fire with Phoenix Downs and the like.

I’m not sure about specific stats. I can tell Ashe has slightly better magic stats than Vaan, but the difference isn’t really that big. Since you’ll eventually have enough license points to do anything, just pick who will be the healer/fighter/random magician for a while. It won’t take long for all three to be able to do everything.