The E3 thread

They never should have made FFXI. Or they should have called it FF Online, or something. Before XI, I could say I’ve played every single FF game in the main series. Now I can say I’ve played 11/12. Soon that’ll be 12/14. :stuck_out_tongue:

Awww… nerd cred getting battered? 8p

Yay. Somewhere out there, there are thousands of people thinking this.

As for FF XIV, WTF? They barely have XIII finished, and now decided to basically make XI-2. Then again, I guess XI was enough of a success for them to actually do it again. Still, kinda stupid I think.

Seconded. :slight_smile: I put in the hours to 242/242 Mario Galaxy and as god is my witness Galaxy 2 will get the same treatment. As will NSMBWii. :slight_smile: Golden Sun DS? Sold with bells on.

That said though, FFXIV an MMO? BOLLOCKS. :frowning: I can say I’ve played every FF in the main sequence however briefly. And in XI’s case, [/i]exceptionally[/i] briefly. It was honestly about 35 minutes tops. Spread across three sessions. Then again, if I will buy the 360 version (for £10, I should add)…

Awesome, Timesplitters 4 is still in development? :wink:

Not sure what to think about the English dubs for FFXIII.

And as for FFXIV, the only good that might come out of that is Nobuo’s return to composing the full soundtrack of the game again. So much for retirement.

“what what what what what what what what what what?!?!?!?” is exactly what I said when I saw this, and then I saw SE’s post. Yay! It would be nice to have some sort of unlockable using old GBA saves :smiley:

With FFVII on the PSN… put Valkyrie Profile up there, and then we can talk.

Low chance, the press release said they are pulling a Lufia, the new game will be about their descendants, though the number of generations down is unspecified. I guess it will be at least more than one, because the implications of who Garet would have to have impregnated to produce a Jupiter Adept are kind of mind-bogling. Still very weirded out at the girl being a Mercury adept though, she looks like an exact mix between Ivan and Sheba.

Yay!

Super item/family heirlooms perhaps? :wink:

And possibly some extra Dijinni or something.

MS won E3, they had the most products to show and the most surprises.

Nintendo gets an honorable mention for giving us not 1 but 2 Mario games. I am skeptical about Metroid because I don’t trust Cockmo and Itagaki neutered Team Ninja when he left. Its a bit disappointing that Nintendo has nothing to show except a couple games from their own 1st party franchises and little to show from their 3rd party developers.

Sony…wow. Way to drop the ball guys. A super expensive, smaller PSP mixed with games that we already knew were coming, except for FFXIV/FFXI-2, which doesn’t mean a whole lot. After the boomerang controller debacle, they have to show they can avoid any further motion control screw ups.

You can’t ‘win’ E3, you can simply appeal to people. Their ‘victory’ hasn’t convinced me to buy their product.

Sony had an about equivalent load of products and surprises, if they did not suffer so many leaks last week.

Nintendo had their own roster of products and new things.

Overall a good year coming.

I disagree. You can totally win E3; it’s been done in the past.

I read joystiq, and I haven’t seen much coverage of Nintendo at E3. Mario games?

On what do you judge this? The only way I would agree is in six months, when the exposure of the games and products shown at E3 are reflected in sales numbers.

Otherwise, it’s a very shallow ‘victory’.

I judge it on the hype of the product at the show and the success at retail. Plenty of games have won E3.

Anyway, MGS:R is most likely the biggest win for me this year.

I began playing Golden Sun 1 this year and got past the intro (kids grown up) and the writing didn’t make me any good impression, while the battle system was a tad slow. I’ll play it a few more hours to make up my mind. Hopefully it’ll be worth the hype. (I meanwhile got Dragon Quest IV shipped to me and it’s been rocking my hours ever since.) /not flamey

We all know we love Marios and… I’m off to babble about the new Metroid. Metroid. Metroooooooooooooid!

(Also Zelda next* year!).

*we aren’t tricked, N.

edit: Hey, Fallout multiplayer!

Golden Sun was OK to me, the Psinergy/Elemental stuff was interesting and fun, but the rest felt just average. Being split in two parts didn’t help. That said, the new DS game might be even better, especially if it has animated sequences.

XIV as a MMO might work if it focuses on the series’ Sci Fi elements, and leaves XI as the pure Fantasy version. They could also experiment with different play options. In general, just make it so XI is not redundant.

I thought the GS games had the best environmental puzzles since Lufia 2 (although to be fair I’ve yet to play any of the Wild ARMs games (I should try to remedy this soon)).

Edit: And now I’m totally stoked for NSMBWii thanks to this preview.

Koopa Kids for the fucking win.

The return of the Koopa Kids has suddenly made me FAR LESS ambivalent about this game.

It’s now a must-buy.