The Dreamcast.

I bought a Dreamcast this fall, too.

I aint regreting it one bit.

Oh sure, I’d love to be able to keep up with the newers systems…but I bought the DC, two controlers, 2 games, one VMU for 150.

It’s a bargain. And I had a blast during all that time.

I thought i’d heard that sega.net or whatever it was that the DC’s online games were played on went down. Is it still up?

Originally posted by Atherelius
I thought i’d heard that sega.net or whatever it was that the DC’s online games were played on went down. Is it still up?

If so, :frowning: it had to happen some day… and the slowdown was bad at times, TBH… not enough to spoil worms world party (turn-based) though :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Nulani
[b]I love the DreamCast. If only because its controller is the best of all ages, although, it has a lot of good games too.

I reccomend you buy it. [/b]

Then why complain about the XBOX controller? The XBOX controller is basically a DC controller with 2 more buttons (black and white) and an extra analog stick.

bah for some reason the xbox controller just feels…bad, the dc controller is alot lighter as well. Also, ath definatly get power stone 2 if you like the genre as it is king of it.

The DC controller isn’t light with a VM and vibration pack in it :wink: but yes, the Xbox controller isn’t so good, it’s too big and that phallic jewel thing in the centre just ain’t funny. :noway:

good to see another powerstone 2 fan, though :wink: get that one instead of ps1- that had no 4 player mode for some bizarre reason :thud: did capcom forget to look at the front of the console or something? :hmm:

You can get a DC for cheap and it has some kickass games. It’s a worthwhile investment.

I never really want a DC, I just don’t think I could get into a DC. I’ll stick with my PS2, GC, N64, and other systems. DC just doesn’t have the type of games I’m looking for.:frowning:

i’m not biased or anything, but the only game worth playing on the dreamcast for me was soul calibur.

is set aflame by lovers of the dreamcast
dammit, not again!

but still: soul caliber = ownz

Originally posted by Skankin’ Garbage
My only advice is: While DC doesn’t have copy protection, DON’T play imports on it. Just DON’T. Trust me.

Why’s that? I’ve got a 'cast, and I play imports on it, and it works just great. Well, by “just great” I mean as good as any other DC. They’re not reliable machines by any means (we get a lot returned every week, mostly due to controller ports just not working, or from inability to load discs). They’re still excellent little machines, and they have an incredible library of games.

In a move that makes collectors like me mere inches from <I>fucking giddy</I>, Sega even posted a <A HREF=“http://www.sega.com/images/dreamcast/the_dreamcast_checklist.pdf”>full checklist</A> of games available for US consumptionment right on their webpage. Of the games that no one else reccomended that I’d reccomend, House of the Dead 2, Bangai-O, Mars Matrix, Street Fighter III, Zombie Revenge, and the Resident Evil games come to the creme of the crop. I’m a huge fan of Mr. Driller games, and the DC version is the best there. Also Cannon Spike is pretty fun. I’m also shocked at how few people reccomended PSO. Sure the GCN version is better, but the DC version is still gold.

For imports, check out Ikaruga (obviously) and Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo. If you don’t have Puzzle Fighter on any other system yet, the DC version is the best (I have it on Saturn, PSX, DC, and GBA, so I can compare). At one point, it even supported online play.

As for poor Sega.net… yes, it has been taken offline. Though you can still play PSOv.2 on Sega.net, that’s good. The bad news is that you have to pay $9/mo. to play.

And I have to agree with Info. The Xbox controller is just a modded DC controller. All of you anti-Xbox people out there should just admit it; Sega had a huge hand in Xbox’s position. Of course, now they’re pissed off at Xbox (as is Konami), and the system may start going away overseas, but it’s here to stay in the US. Even Sega and Konami are continuing US support for the console.

Sat, any incarnation of SF3 before Third Strike sucks compared to Third Strike.

So you should have said to him to get Third Strike. The best cast of characters out of the three, and a parry system that isn’t broken.

Because Sat, ever since I played imports on my DC (specifically Capcom Vs SNK 2 and Guilty Gear X), my DC randomly resets anywhere from 2 to 60 minutes. My friend with a DC said that happened to him, and that he just stopped playing it for a while and that it fixed (But he still plays imports :O). I don’t really know anything about DCs so I’m just not taking any chances; mainly cos I don’t know how to fix it if I do something to it.

DC’s have the same problem whether or not you play imports. That system is screwed in many many ways. It’s still more than worth the $30 that most stores sell it for.

And personally, I thought SF3 2nd Impact was pretty sweet. 3rd strike had a better balance of characters and a cleaner parry system, but the music just got ridiculous.

I see. I never had any problems until after I started playing imports, and it never happend when I played the imports, so I figured it was…the imports :stuck_out_tongue: hahaaaa ok.

And Iga’s kinda right. I have a hard time playing 2nd impact now that I’ve played 3rd Strike…though I absolutely HATE the music in 3rd Strike. Except for the rap songs, those are neat. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, at first I hated the rap too, but it kinda grew on me. Though the rest of the music in the game is painful to mine ears. I got a lot more play out of “double impact” than I did out of third strike. Maybe I’m just a misfit. :smiley:

Saturn? A misfit in the human world? NEVER!

Yeah, he’s more of a head with legs then a misfit… Wait, what?

I feel that way when I play alone…with 2nd Impact that is. But if I play competitive in SF3 (which isn’t often cos I ain’t that good at it and don’t like the game too much :P), it’s gotta be Third Strike.

SEGA RULES WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!