The drawback to cable internet...

TV goes out = Internet goes out.

Most of Phoenix lost its cable connections for a good 1-2 hours because of a brownout…blasted heat…

This ever happened to anyone else?

Over the heatwave on the past week my cable’s been going on and off. Whenever it does go off, only the digital cable works with very lousy reception at that. Lucky me that one of the two boxes is in my room.

Used to happen to me. When AT&T took over our cable company, everything went straight to hell. We couldn’t get onto the internet from home for weeks at a time. Finally, they got their act together, but not before we switched from cable boxes to satellite.

Now Comcast took over the local cable. Let’s prepare for it all over again, shall we?

At least you have cable internet. I’m still on my 56k and we won’t have ROadRunner for another month, whine whine whine…

Originally posted by X_countryguy
At least you have cable internet. I’m still on my 56k and we won’t have ROadRunner for another month, whine whine whine…

Me too :frowning:

Mine goes out if the telephone goes out. Lucky thing that, that doesn’t happen often. And if the power fails: I haven’t connected the router to the ups yet.

Road Runner is the best cable internet I’ve ever had. I’m on Adelphia right now because we had to move and it sucks in comparison. But, at least it’s reliable. We’ve lost TV before but never lost internet… and vice versa.

Ow, I thought it was a slang for broadband. No roadrunner here.

Gonna get radio connection in a month :smiley:

Originally posted by X_countryguy

I know, me too * sigh *

Oh, Ren, is that in your avvy who I think it is? I loved that show.

If you think about the man who had a companion rat and taught science to children in the most fun way, yes :smiley:

And I worship him to this day :smiley:

Beakman? /me hugs ren. I love you.

hugs Sun and SE

now all need a big humanoid rodent and a cute girl to be my assistants.

BEAKMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!
We’ve got Road Runner, too.

As for Ren. gives him big Tickle Attack

We didn’t have any problems when ComCast came here…

Where I live, it hasn’t been TOO hot, so I haven’t had any power outages, at least not yet. I’m not sure if our television and Internet would go out at the same time though.