The decline of heavy metal.

Apparently I’m a music whore. Apparently I’m a music snob when I listen to damned near anything I can get my hands on- including metal, punk, industrial, new wave, dark wave, new age, classical, neo-classical, j-rock, old rock, jazz, gothic rock, pop (especially 80s pop), psychadelic, shoegaze, indie, and even some fucking emo. Apparently I’m a music snob since I like music that you hate, and push that music. Give it a rest.

Children , children…

Fine.

Lets just agree that I think you have absolutely horrible taste in music. And then lets agree that you think I have absolutely horrible taste in music. And then lets shut up about it.

Hows that sound, Hades?

Oh- and will I have to sleep on the couch tonight? ;p

::dekar!:: <—I haven’t used this yet. I will now.

Please explain to me what a music whore is. If it’s someone who loves lots of different kinds of music, then there are a lot of music whores, and I also dont get what’s so bad about being one.

People said you had changed Hades. But here you are, the same narcissistic and bull headed child you were when you were banned.

Apparently I’m a music whore. Apparently I’m a music snob when I listen to damned near anything I can get my hands on- including metal, punk, industrial, new wave, dark wave, new age, classical, neo-classical, j-rock, old rock, jazz, gothic rock, pop (especially 80s pop), psychadelic, shoegaze, indie, and even some fucking emo. Apparently I’m a music snob since I like music that you hate, and push that music. Give it a rest
Wow. You sure can make yourself sound like you have an incredibly wide range of musical taste by listing different names for the same 3 basic genres.

People said you had changed Hades. But here you are, the same narcissistic and bull headed child you were when you were banned

Quite amusing. Can’t retort my arguments so you take a blow at my mentality. Well you’re right baout one thing.

And if there’s one thing history teaches us, its that the unsuccessful are usually bitter.

Only 3? Wow, you’re pretty dumb. Of the ones I can distinguish:

Pop
Classical
Jazz
Old Rock (or Classic Rock)
Emo
Metal
Goth Rock
Industrial

I have no clue what Shoegaze is though, so your guess is as good as mine.

We’re all music whores.

Thank you Curtis.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
I have no clue what Shoegaze is though, so your guess is as good as mine.
Shoegazing is a style of rock with heavy emphasis on multiple layers of really distorted, lush guitars. The best album in this style is usually said to be “Loveless” by the band “My Bloody Valentine.” I personally like “Chrome” by Catherine Wheel more; it has a less layered production but superior guitar playing, in my opinion.

But yeah, most of those styles that he mentioned are subsets of rock, many of them limited in their scope (like shoegazing).

I know this thread is done for but I had to add one thing :stuck_out_tongue:

Sinistral, I love Nirvana a lot too, but I mean, seriously. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve read interviews with Kurt Cobain, and he’s openly admitted to making up 90% of his lyrics right on the spot. Almost all of his songs amount to jack in meaning. :stuck_out_tongue: Now that’s not to say their bad; Nirvana was like my favorite band for a very long time, but almost all of their lyrics mean absolutely nothing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Haw, interesting. I never would’ve known. Explains a bit though…