The coolest priest ever has died

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/obituaries/20050329-9999-1m29sproul.html
He was the pastor for my church as well as one of the most beloved priests in the San Diego District.
The longest obituary I’ve ever seen.

You don’t know how much I hoped it was Jerry Falwell.

My heart skipped a beat with anticipation.

hahahah you think Jerry Falwell is the coolest priest ever?

No, I wad just hoping that he was dead. In fact, I think he’s a piece of shit.

Falwell’s not a priest. He’s a Reverend. Preacher. Southern Baptist, I believe. They don’t have priests. Catholics, Anglicans, and I believe Orthodoxicans are the only ones that have priests.

I dunno, aren’t there voodoo preists?

What about Mister Rodgers? Wasn’t he a priest?

Cochran is dead. The pope and Falwell are dying. Its like Satan calling all his minions back to hell.

I’d appreciate it if you’d stop speaking demon. This priest was one of my favorite people and I don’t appreciate you calling him, or any other servant of God, a creature of Satan.

Um, dude. Falwell? Have you listened to that guy? I don’t exactly think he’s on God’s good side. What about the priests who were molesting children?

I can’t speak for the Pope, as I’ve never really paid attention to anything he’s done. Maybe he’s a good guy, I don’t know. I won’t hold him accountable for the terrible things the catholic church has done, so he might be okay.

I obviously don’t know anything at all about this priest, but if you trusted him, and say he’s a good guy, I believe you. Generally, most people I’ve met of that profession are typically good people. Hell, they don’t even try to convert me, like so many of their followers do.

The clock is ticking, brothers and sisters, counting down to Armageddon.

The worm reveals himself in many guises across this once great land; from the intellectual elite cruelly indoctrinating our children with the savage blasphemy of Darwin, to the craven Hollywood pagans, corrupting them in the darkness of the local bijou, from the false prophets cowering behind our nation’s pulpits to the vile parasites in our banks and boardrooms and the godless politicians, growing fat on the misery of their constituents.

The signs of the end times are all around us, etched in blood and fire by the left hand of god. You have but to open your eyes, brothers and sisters. The truth is that the Devil is here. The Anti-Christ, the Child of Lies, the Son of Darkness walks among us cloaked in the flesh of a man.

Does the Lord not weep at this degradation? Does He not tremble with righteous fury? And shall he not seek retribution?

I open my eyes and I see a black sky that tears apart and screams with a voice that is thunder, ‘Rise up, rise up brothers and sisters and take your place at my side. For you shall be my scythe and your face shall shine like a thousand suns and the streets shall be sanctified by the steaming black blood of the heretics.’ And together brothers and sisters, together we shall build a shining temple, a kingdom that will last for thousands and thousands of years.

Someone is angry and repressed.

Are we done being “Ooooh, I’m spooky and I’m eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllll!!!111111”? It’s just stupid.

Actually, I believe that’s a quote from the HBO series Carnivale.

It’s not stupid really. I don’t think I have to try to be scary. Being called a Demon and all, reminded me of Carnivale, and what a great character Brother Justin Crowe is. And of course, that kick ass speach I quoted

Then again, you prolly haven’t seen what I’m talking about, so what can ya do?

It’s just that going out of your way to post “demonic” quotes and decry the holiness of Jac’s beloved priest is really fucking stupid. Please either post, I dunno, halfway constructively, or don’t post at all. Do a Google search for “goth forums,” that should hook you up with people you’ll like.

it’s really hip to be a progressive and humorously irreverent mouthpiece of a 2000 year old archaic elitist institution. infact, its almost humourously ironic.

i wish michael schiavo would fly to the vatican and rip out the pope’s feeding tube.

The Pope would totally kick his ass.

Well if you had read my original post, I mentioned not a word about his priest. Also, if you will read, and use your sarcasm goggles, you’ll see I was using said sarcasm for comedic effect. So you didnt find it funny, I’m sorry.

However if you also read further, he did call me a Demon. Who calls people demons? heh. So I played up on it, and quoted a speech a demon gave in one of my favorite TV Shows.

As for being “Goth”, last I checked, I didn’t hate myself, I didn’t piss black, nor did I want to be different like the rest of my friends.

Thank you, you’re moved up a knotch on the respect-meter.

EvilPopTart: I said you where Speaking demon, because speaking Demonic isn’t proper english. Also, you were calling the pope(The POPE!) a servernt of satan. That is wrong, I don’t care who you are.