The church evolves

Not about the stuff between creationism and evolutionism. I want to speak about the evolution of the Roman Catholic Church. John Paul II has put Sister Enrica Rosanna, 60, in charge of the Salesian University. It is the first time in the history of the church that a woman has reached such a high post in a congregation. And this specific one is a relatively important ministry. A good sign that if things keep going this way, we may see female priests soon.

On a side note, Ratzinger must be having a lot of trouble sleeping now XD

Ratzinger? Who is that? I’ve never heard of him before.

He is quite known among pagans and liberal christains for his prejudice against all that is not 100% medieval-church-aligned.

This is an actual extract from his fanclub’s homepage:

As Grand Inquisitor for Mother Rome, Ratzinger keeps himself busy in service to the Truth: correcting theological error, silencing dissenting theologians, and stomping down heresy wherever it may rear its ugly head – and, consequently, has received somewhat of a notorious reputation among the liberal media and ‘enlightened’ intellegensia of pseudo-Catholic universities.

“Correcting theological error, silencing dissenting theologians and stomping down heresy wherever it may rear its ugly head” mean, respectively, interpretating the bible in his own conservationist way, backstabbing everybody from his church who disagrees with his views and screwing the lives of those who are not christain.

By “well known among pagans” you mean that you and maybe one other pagan you know have heard of him, since I certainly haven’t. =p

It also depends on the area where you are and how much you get involved in the affairs of religion. In another board where I used to go there was a forum for religion-related discussion; we used to have three threads per month dedicated to <strike>cursing</strike> Ratzinger and the documents he writes, and they usually reached 3+ pages.