the beginning of yet another origin story...

well, i decided to try my luck at storywriting…

with no better subject to do, i decided on an origin story of my character, zhou yu. the way this is written is: if you and this man were sitting in a room and you asked him what the story of his life was, this’s more or less the answer you’d get…and btw, for this story, i decided to type it normally…

THE TALE OF ZHOU YU

"The first thing you should know about me is: my name isn’t really Zhou Yu. I believe I was once known as Sairan…

I’m not technically from Aetheria, but I’m from the realm that is currently Aetheria. It’s a bit hard to explain, really…

I’m from the now-lost land of Anceria. It was a desirable place to live, really. It was there that I spent almost my
entire existance under the name ‘Sairan’. I was apparantly a gifted magic-user from the time I was born. What
worried my parents was the fact that I was talented with black magic. White magic was a complete mystery to me.

I grew up, honing my magical skills as I aged. During that time, I was ‘blessed’ with two younger siblings, the first
being a boy named Cerian, the other a girl named Tairi…

I’ve always thought that Tairi was the favored one of us…she was the only one able to use white magic. My parents
saw this as the way Tairi would become a healer, a woman who would save Anceria some day…

When I reached the age of 13, I was fluent in all kinds of attack magic. I was the only one among my friends able
to use the powerful Burnflame spell. At age 15, I had completely mastered black magic. My friends thought this
to be quite frightening, and soon abandoned me completely…

…and by the age of 17, the only people who would even go near me were those of my own family.

i’ll continue this if i get positive feedback…

Great! waits for the next part

Looks good, Zhou. But I’ll wait until i see more until I give my honest opinion of it.

And Chris, you know your sprite’s facing the wrong way, right?

I do, but when i mirror it, it screws up the transparency

…and by the age of 17, the only people who would even go near me were those of my own family.

I didn’t care. I only wanted to be the greatest mage in Anceria at the time. But, I noticed that the only weapon I was
able to wield was a mere knife. I needed a stronger weapon…

I then spent the next 4 years learning every known sword technique…all I really wanted was true power, until one
day…I met her…

The only person I ever loved outside of my own family was a girl named Selina…She was the only one who saw me
as an actual person instead of some magic-using monster. She knew that I had feelings…although one wouldn’t
have known it the first time I talked to her…

It was Selina who unintentionally taught me an important rule of life…The first thing a guy says to a girl should not
be a pickup line. At least I didn’t sound like an idiot whilst saying it.

I would go over everything that happened during the time I spent with Selina…but it’s safe to say that I made some
new friends, and some new rivals…

My greatest enemy was someone with impressive fighting skill…if only I could remember his name…but he
antagonized me so much that he was eventually trying to kill me at every chance he got…

points at Zhou YU You, update and you. points to self read more whenever he updates it.

Ahmh… oh right. I can’t wait to read moe Zhou yu. Maybe I’ll make a origin story. I just might. :slight_smile:

My greatest enemy was someone with impressive fighting skill…if only I could remember his name…but he
antagonized me so much that he was eventually trying to kill me at every chance he got…

Of course, this annoyed me to no end. I tried hundreds of different ways of getting rid of him. I would try anything
and everything just to get him, from poisoning him to setting him on fire to transforming him…

None of my efforts worked, however…

It was just a mere supremacy contest for a long time, until my siblings, Cerian and Tairi, decided to aid me…

They decided to fight my rival, which was the worst mistake they made…I don’t know whether Cerian made it or
not, but I saw Tairi fall…It was one of the most painful moments of my past life.

I decided I still wasn’t strong enough, and I fled with Selina to a distant realm, where I would spend time training
to better my powers and take on my greatest enemy.

That’s when all hell broke loose…

wow that’s pretty good. i want to read more! hehe waits for the next part

No! You can’t stop there! must continue! I love it! Update Please Zhou yu! :hyperven:

Translation: I love the story so far. PLease continue to write it.

:smiley:

…I hate writer’s block. I’ll update when I can…