That does it. That just fscking does it.

Originally posted by Heaven’s Soldier
And so what if we have a bad fic or two in the archive, the majority of them are all good/great pieces of work.

Yes, and that is precisely the reason why I spend more time here than on FFNet.

twitchtwitchelytwitch

stares at the twiching Weiila …huh?

Originally posted by OmegaflareX
Yes, <I>and that is precisely the reason why</I> I spend more time here than on FFNet.

Originally posted by StarStorm
[b]As for myself, FF.net has left me with one trouble: I tend to be INTENSELY distrustful of positive reviews. I can’t help but wonder if they honestly like it, or just spouting off because they have no taste or want to make me feel better.

Or in the case of Second Sun, because they want to see themselves in it. Oh yay. IT kinda worries me to be honest. I mean, I expect people to be honest about my work, but if it’s poitive, I’m not entirely sure if they are honest or if it really is good. It’s frikkin wierd. [/b]

And of course, we dread being honest because “hey, gee, is our friend gonna take this in stride or is he gonna think we’re attacking him and just being selfish ingrates who are just pissed off at you for not making ‘our’ character more important in his story?” and so we’re gonna make something up to criticize.

Funny how the “wanting to protect a friend” mentality takes that form most often times rather than the form of proofreading and offering editing suggestions before the product is unleashed into the big wide world of strangers who will have no qualms about saying “ooh, this sucks, and that sucks, and hey, this part sucks too, why did you use the passive voice here, blah blah blah blah blah, REJECTED.”

Cries and never tries to get published again and gives up and becomes a desk job zombie for life instead of an artist.

Originally posted by GG Crono 4
This is why when I browse FF.net I set the filter to 60k-100k words. None of the idiots who lurk FF.net has the attention span to write something that long, so you’re more than likely to find something decent at the very least.

Yeah. But I don’t have the attention span to write something that long either. :smiley:

Which really sucks now that I have this 20 page research paper hanging over my head that I must finish before I can graduate… :smiley: (which, by the way, is why I haven’t updated “odd behavior” lately. Well, that and playing .Crack er I mean .Hack )

Calm yourself, Weiila, I’m sure he didn’t mean it like that1 gives Weiila some cookies and pats her head in order to calm her down

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
Calm yourself, Weiila, I’m sure he didn’t mean it like that1 gives Weiila some cookies and pats her head in order to calm her down

kicks the stepladder out from under Val HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA…HOLY SHIT! runs from Val in a cartoon-style chase scene

And most fanfic righters are more than sugar-happy. They’re damn right insane. And if we want to fight this evil…POST IN THE GODDAMN, MOTHERFUCKING REVIEW THREAD! REVIEW MORE FICS! I’M WARNING YOU!

These days, there’s only a handful of decent stuff in ff.net. I mostly go there to get a few Legacy of Kain parodies, some Golden Sun humor, and an occasional good fic, which is usually reccomended by Weiila. The rest is indeed a complete waste of space, with lousy spelling, where they butcher the original storylines and insert disgusting settings. Some of the summaries are enough to disgust me.

Speaking of which… how many of yopu like to read some DBZ fics? Most recently there’s one fic full of nothing but flames and it’s sicking if you ask me… can’t hardly understand a word they’re saying… :\

Anyways, are my fics THAT bad? LOL… I’m kidding guys ^^;;;
:hahaha; :enguard:

I think what is really needed is a site called goodfanfiction.net… even if ff.net hired moderators to filter out all the crap it’d be a start, they really are not good for much more than being pointed and laughed at nowadays. :thud: although, that said, I’m still bitter about Bad Blood getting one measly fucking review after 4 chapters when the next “Squall crosses over to Spira at random and let’s also have a healthy dose of gay lemon thrown in for good measure” fic gets praised to the high heavens :hyperven: It used to be that the R-rated section was actually good for some fics from time to time- now all it is is yaoi and plenty of it :too bad; still, could be worse- I know I’m not actually allowed to post the address to my “special fanfic archive” up here, but believe me, once you’ve read some of the shit on there, you’ll never look at ff.net in the same way again :wink:

Nah, just because you have some fics on ff.net doesn’t mean that they’re bad, CC; almost all of us here have fics there nowadays :slight_smile: What DBZ fic was that you talked about?

I seem to experience that problem with FF.net as well. I really can’t tell if they like my work, especially after I just finished reading this really horrid FF 6 piece that made absolutely no sense and all the reviews said, “This is real gurd! You should write more. I like your stuff!”

Which reminds me… I gotta finish my stuff… Dang.

Holy! It’s Bookbag! :smiley: What’s with all these oldies making a comeback lately?

Flames ‘R’ Us I think…

Hmm… an oldie back? Never met you but welcome back ^^

Bookbag is known in the fanfic archives as Ersatz Sobriquet to those who don’t know. :slight_smile:

oh… I’ll have to read some of his fics then. ^^

Most of them are really dark, so watch your step CC. For you I’d recommend Glen, Cherry Pop, Vanilla Nights, To Appase the Gods and The Rain Never Touched Me. I do NOT think you should read How Ironic, So I Pulled and Wanton Violence, Brazen Immorality /…/, they’re REALLY dark.

Thank you Weiila. I shall look into those. ^^

As shall I.

And a big cheer for the sanity around here.

Sanity? Is that a Menu button? :mwahaha: