Terminator wants to govern the sunshine state

Yeah the Jerry springer thread gave me this idea, but it’s true. Arnold S.(Don’t know how to spell his last name) wants to run for Gov. of California. I don’t have a link at the moment, but I saw it on some news site.

Has anyone heard about this?

Yeah. For years.

Apparently he wants to go all the way. Pity only Americans are allowed to run for Prez. It would be good to watch.

On a similar note, has anyone heard anything else about that Political Idol show where the winner will run for president? It was rumoured a few months back. Does anyone know what happened to it?

Never heard about it until now.

Originally posted by Pierson
[b]Apparently he wants to go all the way. Pity only Americans are allowed to run for Prez. It would be good to watch.

On a similar note, has anyone heard anything else about that Political Idol show where the winner will run for president? It was rumoured a few months back. Does anyone know what happened to it? [/b]
Oh, sweet mother of god…

Yeah, I heard about it. Arnold’s a Republican :stuck_out_tongue: Although, our current Democratic Governor sucks…

Yes, I know about this, although I am unsure whether Mr. Terminator has any real skill behind his charisma.
:stuck_out_tongue:

Does he? Does anyone know?

Speaking of Terminator, wasn’t the fall of humanity supposed to be in 1997, not 2003?

Erm, back to the subject: If he becomes governor, I guess we’ll find out if he’s skilled as far as politics go(I have my doubts though).

He made a speech at my school (about some proposition) in which he used quotes from Terminator. :stuck_out_tongue:

I know he’s been supporting the Special Olympics for 20+ years… um, and that he’s a Republican. That’s about it. ^_^;

Ha, this should be good. The thought of the Terminator as governor of California can really make you wonder. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Sir Percival
[b]Yes, I know about this, although I am unsure whether Mr. Terminator has any real skill behind his charisma.
:stuck_out_tongue:

Does he? Does anyone know? [/b]

Charisma? Are you kidding? He doesn’t even really have that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey I’m sure that’s what they said when Reagan was governor…

Originally posted by Rountree
Charisma? Are you kidding? He doesn’t even really have that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, he does in a sense: he has a fan-base. He is adored so much as a celebrity that his fans will believe in him. I do not find him charismatic, but they do.

Originally posted by Pierson
Apparently he wants to go all the way. Pity only Americans are allowed to run for Prez. It would be good to watch.

Yeah, because we all know how well it turned out the LAST TIME we let an actor be Governor of California…

shudders with horror

Thank God Arnold can’t run for president (like the last guy). People probably would vote for him. Especially given how inept and spineless the Dems are these days.

[b]

On a similar note, has anyone heard anything else about that Political Idol show where the winner will run for president? It was rumoured a few months back. Does anyone know what happened to it? [/b]

You mean the Democratic Party’s search for an '04 presidential candidate? :wink:

EDIT: by the way, “Sunshine State” refers to Florida, not California. California is the “Golden State.”

Hadn’t he already tried and failed some years ago?

Who, Arnie? I don’t think so. If he had even people in Milton Keynes would probably have heard of it.

Arnold, speaking to California: You remember when I said I’d run for your office last? …<b>I lied</b>.

McBain from The Simpsons, Merlin?

As for him running for office, I would love to hear him say “gubernatorial,” although his accent isn’t that thick any more…

Sweet Jesus. In my country there have been several actors and singers running for political charges and, as you might guess, they all sucked. Really, REALLY sucked. I hope you guys have better luck.

And I think it’s Schwartzeneger. Or perhaps I’m just thinking of Spaceballs.

And Pierson, your sig kicks ass.

Well, if actors ran for president I bet you the world would be a WAY happier place!