Techno

Good techno is just what the adjective implies. Too much techno does does not fit into the previous sentence. I have heard a lot of bullshit, annoying repetitive beats that offer nothing but a headache. I have also heard some stuff that is more mind-altering than 8 cups of coffee. I think the people who you have dealt with are just too unfortunate to have heard the kind that is made with skill.

You talking drum and bass stuff with random breaks?

I am not talking about anything is specific. I am just saying in broad out normally. Any from th head ache, to the really kick ass that makes you go into a different world when your not even on any drugs.

I think it is just sad that people dont GIVE it a try to people who KNOW their techno to differ from the bad and good… ones that know their stuff :wink:

That is very to Delita on what you said… I know at first I HATED! techno because of the kind I heard… but then I found something good I am like… “KICK ASS!”

no, no random breaks, just bass and drums without much change ever, and not even fun beats.

Drum and Bass has a cult following all of its own. My boyfriend tries to get me hooked on it but I don’t think I’ll ever listen to it faithfully.

Like all things, some techno is bad and some techno is good. Techno that leans more toward trance is the best. Techno that leans toward pure drums and bass completely and utterly sucks.

<3 Infected Mushroom.

I prefer Gabba myself.

Eva, is there any way I can snag MP3s off of you?

Trance? Delerium? Or VG soundtracks?

Ah…techno. and it’s subcategories. I’ve seen a few posts in this thread mention Delerium. Delerium is fucking awesome. My favorite track of theirs is probably the Requiem for a Dream remix. Trance is good, I also highly recommend DJ Tiesto’s Magik series(although Tiesto spins/remixes a lot of Delerium’s tracks). But my personal favorite type of techno is Jungle. Aphrodite > all. Dieselboy and Dara are also good jungle DJ’s. I only wish I could spin Jungle. I can spin house and trance/progressive. Those are easier to spin than jungle, though because beatmatching is significantly easier with four step beats(house, trance/progressive, gabba/happy hardcore) than it is with two step beats(hip-hop, jungle, breakbeat).

But my favorite kind of music is metal, or punk. I am somewhat well versed musically, I can play guitar, bass, hand drums, and turntables(though I haven’t mastered any of them)

And I’m with Star Storm on the MP3 tip. Only if it isn’t stuff I have. I really need to get My CDs mailed to me. they’re at a friend’s house in my hometown.

techno has two meanings – it’s funny – for europeans they mean stuff with no vocals, really underground “hard” stuff – for americans, when they say “techno”, often they mean what in europe is called “dance”. And “dance” in europe is a lot more mainstream and pop-oriented

for “american” style techno (i.e. european “dance”), the best example I’ve found is this (itunes link):

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/advancedSearchResults?albumTerm=Euro+Club+Hits+Vol+

strangely it’s called “euro club hits” … which makes things even more confusing ;

for “european” style techno… i.e. the stuff with no songs, I recommend going to www.beatport.com and checking out the stuff in the “techno” section –

four years too late, my dear.