Tales of Phantasia

I know that this is a stupid question, but this is a help board so ill ask it. In Tales of Phantasia, what buttons do you press to run away in a battle.:wave:

Hold L or R to walk left or right. When you’re at the edge of the screen (left edge for L, right edge for R) a meter will count down from 10. Keep holding the button to let the meter count down. When it hits 0 you’ll escape battle.

(ToP rocks)

Though it will go slower or faster depending on your equipment

If you’re hit, the thing is interrupted. But if you equip the Mist Rune, I think it is, you can run away 50% faster.

If you’ve ever been killed, you know that you become a ghost that can still move around, right? Well, that’s so that you can instruct your remaining party members to still run away by going left or right.

I’m trying to figure out how the battle commands work. Especially how skills work.

In battle there are two settings for Cless, long ranger and short range. This depends on how far away you are from the enemy. Short ranger is about 2-3 inches on the screen and less, and long ranger is anything longer than that. For each range you get an “A” skill and a “B” skill. To use the “A” skill you simply press <b>B</b> on the joypad. If you want to use the “B” skill you hold <b>up</b> and press <b>B</b> on the joypad.

The attacking system works pretty much the same way. If you’re long range and you press <b>A</b> you’ll run forward and starting doing a slash. You can press <b>A</b> again on the battlefield, and depending on whether you’re still a long way from the enemy or if you’re right in front of the enemy, you’ll do a downwards slash or an upwards slash. If you don’t press <b>A</b> again you’ll just do a normal slash. The down/upwards slashes are more powerful, but the normal slash has shorter recovery time. To use stab you hold <b>up</b> and press <b>A</b>. You can do an upwards/downwards stab by pressing <b>A</b> again, depending on how far you are from the enemy. It really is simpler thatn it sounds :stuck_out_tongue:

Example:

<h3>Attacks</h3>

You’re far from the enemy. You press A.
<i>Cless runs towards the enemy in slash mode</i>
<i>Cless does a normal slash.</i>

You’re still far from the enemy. You press A.
<i>Cless does a downwards slash.</i>

You’re just a pace or two away from the enemy. You press A.
<i>Cless does a upwards slash.</i>

You’re far from the enemy. You hold up and press A.
<i>Cless does a normal stab.</i>

<i>Cless runs towards the enemy in stab mode</i>
You’re still far from the enemy. You press A.
<i>Cless does a downwards stab.</i>

<i>Cless runs towards the enemy in stab mode</i>
You’re just a pace or two away from the enemy. You press A.
<i>Cless does a upwards stab.</i>

<h3>Techs</h3>

You’re far from the enemy. You press B.
<i>Cless does the LONG RANGE (LR) “A” TECH</i>

You’re far from the enemy. You hold up and press B.
<i>Cless does the LONG RANGE (LR) “B” TECH</i>

You’re near enemy. You press B.
<i>Cless does the SHORT RANGE (SR) “A” TECH</i>

You’re near the enemy. You hold up and press B.
<i>Cless does the SHORT RANGE (SR) “B” TECH</i>