Tales of Destiny Director's Cut

Wow, so they’d finally have Lilith be unlockable in a normal, not-insane-glitchy way?

Actually, you wouldn’t be missing out on everything if you don’t use an FAQ. FF12 actually provides quite a lot of hints about what to do and where to go for sidequests. Other than the much-complained-about Zodiac Spear and a few minor bits and pieces, almost everything can be accessed without extra help. In SGF, you couldn’t even figure out where to go next, let alone what to do there or how to beat the bloody things you’re fighting.

Huh, I didn’t even know about Lilith being playable until I read about it on Wikipedia. Not that it would’ve done me any good back then. Heh, I might play to update just to see how she gets along with Stan and the rest. :smiley:

And Cid: Typically, in most RPGs I talk to everybody several times in order to make sure I get all the secret hints, and I usually find them. In FF12, however, there’s so many blasted NPCs wandering Rabanastre and other areas (and most of what they say is so boring) that I stopped doing it early on. So without the guide I would’ve missed a LOT. (Compare to the Lunar games, where every NPC has up to three paragraphs of comments, most of them not only useful but deliciously funny. THOSE I made sure to always get. ) :smiley:

She was playable in the regular PS2 remake already.

Yeah, but I never got my hands on that one.

I found in FF12 I could pretty much figure out who was important and who wasn’t, and talk to them accordingly. Most people had some hint when you talked to them the first time that they’d have something important to say later on.

I should really NOT get involved in this…but, I felt that the only place where I felt completely baffled on what to do in SaGa Frontier was Lute’s scenario.

• Emilia’s scenario was very linear - talk to Roufas to get the next story mission.

• T260’s scenario did have one particular part that was difficult to figure out what to do next, and that was what to do shortly after you left Scrap. You had a lead about going to Shrike; however, all your other leads, you either had to stumble upon, or access the information terminal in Koorong, which was admittedly really random, as no one pointed you to it, and only T260 can use it.

• Riki’s scenario was very linear - talk to Mei-Ling to get the next story mission.

• Blue’s scenario was very linear - get magic. That’s it. I admit that one has to sort of stumble upon Time magic, though.

• Asellus’s scenario was a pain in the ass in a few parts; however, once you left Facinaturu, it was pretty clear-cut, other than finding your friends after escaping the Dark Labyrinth, which was admittedly pretty horseshit.

Red’s scenario was very linear at first, and, once Red leaves the Cygnus, you have all the leads you need on where to go next.

• Lute’s is kind of bullshit; but, you’re supposed to play it last. The ‘last’ scenarios in all SaGa games are like that.

The sidequests require a little more scratching around; however, hopefully after completing one or two scenarios, you’ll get the idea that Koorong is the ‘information’ city of sorts, and that you can pretty much find any lead you need there.

So, that makes a grand total of about three or four parts where I got stuck, and only about two of them took me much of any time to figure out. I personally don’t think that SaGa Frontier is all that unintuitive about where to go next, overall - ESPECIALLY for a non-linear RPG.

It wasn’t so much where to go next, but how to get enough cool stuff that you could survive where to go next.