Take two in the news again

Jesus people - get over it. Its a damn game! I DO think this game should have an AO rating as opposed to M though, but thats just me =)

AO as in adults only?

Yes. The National Institue for Media and the Family is currently complaining that the ESRB is not using the AO rating on games that should be AO. For some games (Like Manhunt) i agree. That game should not be sold to anyone under 18, plain and simple.

It’s not like they still don’t have access to them. From what I’ve heard, Manhunt IS a pretty extreme game.

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=307288#post307288

Originally posted by Dark Paladin
It’s not like they still don’t have access to them. From what I’ve heard, Manhunt IS a pretty extreme game.

If it was AO, no one under 18 could buy the game. As it is, anyone can buy an M Rated game, but it doesnt work that way with AO.

While it has no problem with men gutting thousands of orcs on film, New Zealand doesn’t take too kindly to men killing their fellow men in games.

Hmm, comparing a video game about a murder killing people to a movie based on a book about a great war between Good and Evil. Yeah, that’s a great comparison drawn there.

Also, if the game were AO, a lot of places that carry games wouldn’t hold this one in stock at all.

Yep which is the main reason the ESRB is afraid to hand out the AO rating.

Originally posted by Jakanden
Yes. The National Institue for Media and the Family is currently complaining that the ESRB is not using the AO rating on games that should be AO. For some games (Like Manhunt) i agree. That game should not be sold to anyone under 18, plain and simple.

Well, the store will make less money if they do :confused:

Originally posted by demigod
Hmm, comparing a video game about a murder killing people to a movie based on a book about a great war between Good and Evil. Yeah, that’s a great comparison drawn there.

Eh, when it comes down to it, the message doesn’t matter. People only see the violence :
Edit: What I meant to say was, the people (children) they’re trying to protect from the violence wouldn’t understand the difference between the two, save for the fact that the movie has no guns and the games have guns, and that you control it.

My thought is that our world, violent as it is today, should be rated AO and therefore all kids under 18 should be banished from reality and sent to a world of Fairy Tales. They should return to the real world only when they complete 18 full years.

Those guys should be focusing on real world violence, not the virtual one. Saying that games cause people to be violent is like saying that reading the bible will automatically and successfully make me sainter than Jesus.

Originally posted by Ren
Those guys should be focusing on real world violence, not the virtual one. Saying that games cause people to be violent is like saying that reading the bible will automatically and successfully make me sainter than Jesus.

Well you have to give the President of NIMF (Dr David Walsh) credit. The man is openly against censorship and does not think games should be censored or banned (While this is not readily apparent on the site - if you have heard him speak you would see what I mean). He just believes in alerting parents to what are in the games and helping protect children.

He even states its perfectly fine for M games and AO games to exist. He just has a problem with who ends up playing them.

Take Two in the news…
Thats like… the 20th time or something.