Tactics!!!

I said Probably better. Now, if you like FFT you’ll love disgaea. That game ROCKS.

Ohhhh, believe me, FFTA is worse in every aspect. FFT’s “strategy” component was only superficial but it’s absolutely gone in FFTA, you only train levels and hit each others like morons.

I don’t think there was a single battle in FFTA where there was ever a chance that I’d lose.

You can’t even lose one of your guys permenantly, like in FFT, unless you are fighting in like one of three obscure places on the map.

No challenge at all.

FFTA’s turnoff: Judges.

I wouldn’t even consider FFTA in my game collection it just doesn’t have the feel of FFT which i love i’ve been slacking off on it lately :hyperven: but nothing i can do right now i’ve got my room painted! :cool:

My biased opinion on FFTA.

… English ain’t my first language, but I didn’t even notice any mistakes until I stumbled upon numerous “humor” sites about the fact… >_>;

… That was… what, 5 years ago or so?

Ok, ok. We all know that Tactics Advance sucked. A direct port of the original Tactics would have been 100x better.

But lets get back on track. Does anyone have any Theif tips/strategies for me?

XD we can say that…Well the best things i’ve learned aboot the theif is dont’ get him into direct contact with the enemy it’s usually bad unless your stealing. The stealing techniques that i personally favore most would be the exp steal good for double exp steal equipment can be good if you want to 1. take it and sell it for what you can :stuck_out_tongue: 2. Wanna use it for your own characters and steal heart which is good for an ally for maybe 1 attack also cheap hits and jp points.thats the best i got sorry i couldn’t help more :bowser:

But lets get back on track. Does anyone have any Theif tips/strategies for me?

I think a higher brave level is good for stealing. Good strategy:

Have Beuwolf or an Oracle lower the brave level of the target you want equipment from. Make sure your thief has a high brave level, and he should steal with a high percentage almost every time. Works with Elmdor to get the Genji equipment, too. A high speed helps, I think.

Screw his special class, SOLDIER sucks.

Not if you have his Materia Blade and Short Charge. He is actually rather good, even though his HP is rather Low.

If no one mentioned it yet, Ramza as a squire with Math Skills is by far the best in the game.

I gots a question is there any way to permantly get a characters brave and faith level up cause it sucks when they have a low brave level though i know it can be good ^-^

THe mediators ability to boost brave by 4 will permanently raise it by 1 each time, and ramzas ability will also permanently raise it by one. I think ramza’s self pumping raises him by 2 as well if you haven’t maxed him by that point in the game.

Faith can only be raised by the mediator ability as far as I know.

Faith should not go past 90 on anyone but ramza or they will leave your party permanently, and brave caps at 97

Also in regards to the soldier class, it does indeed suck. The stat gains are bad, the materia blade is weak, even with the reduced charge time it’s hard to get enemies in the area of affect, the limits cause friendly damage, the limits cannot be targetted to a unit and therefore must be targetted on a square and the equipment sucks as well. The only decent ability that class has is the one that can cause instant death, the success rate is really high and the charge time is one of the better ones.

I think I lost a battle in FFTA because all of my people got berserked or something when there was a no attacking law.

Also summoners are really good. In my last game I had one with Math skill and Damage Split (another really good skill the Calculator can teach).

Which Ramza skill are you referring to?

Cheer Up. It raises brave by 5 with no chance of failure. He also refers to Scream, which raises Ramza’s PA, MA and Speed by 1 and his brave by 10 with no chance of failure.

Scream is by far one of the greatest support skills in the game only second to the Chantage’s Reraise. Just do it two or three times and you’ll have a meat shredder, add Math Skill and something like Holy or Flare and even Cid will seem insignificant.

Holy > Flare 99% of the time. It not only has a higher multiplier, but you can set your team up to absorb it by using equipment that the AI seldom has.

THe mediators ability to boost brave by 4 will permanently raise it by 1 each time, and ramzas ability will also permanently raise it by one. I think ramza’s self pumping raises him by 2 as well if you haven’t maxed him by that point in the game.

I thought it was 1 for every 5?

I dunno, It’s such a small difference I might of miscounted but I honestly thoguht it was 1 per use.