SWYNE FLOOO

What? I thought it was the Mexican flu people were getting worried about. I heard about that one, kind of funny that’s its actually two separate flues.

If anything, I think people are making a big deal over nothing.
On the other hand, we might actually close the Mexican border. (Maybe?) Granted, I never thought a disease would cause that…

It just seems messed up when people are all freaking out all of this. The other day in Texas, there were only 6 people who were confirmed infected. 6 out of several million. Wow. Shut everything down! (Obviously, there’s probably more people who have it now. That and whatever illegals carry it too across the border.)

Mexican Bullet Flu sounds interesting…

PANIC EVERYONE PANIC PANICPANICPANICPANIC

That’s the official news on the swine flu.

Nobody outside of Mexico has died, in fact, this particular strain is easily treated by Tamiflu, the most commonly prescribed flu medicine on the market. The moral of the story is: If you have a bad flu, go to the doctor. That’s really all there is to it, and it annoys me how hard the media is trying to make people panic

There are many flu strains out there, and people die every year from influenza. This one is actually easier to treat than many flu strains, yet people are all ready to panic. Sometimes the media really pisses me off.

Of course it’s a serious situation and a reason for worry, but like some of you have already said, a lot of it is media panic as well. It’s juicy news that they have to milk for all its’ worth. It’s not only the media though, vaccine producers etc. can also make big money from a panic.

It’s tragic for those who died, but there’s so far only eight of them that have proven to have died from the flu. Whipping up a panic at this stage, or any stage, is not the best strategy. Hopefully we’ll look back on this in a couple of years and just roll our eyes.

OMGDONTDIE

The Mexican bullet flu is a reference to the drug war that kills thousands of people / year in Mexico alone. Its not a flu, its a man made problem. But that doesn’t matter because the swine flu killed ~ couple hundred.

The swine flu is a bit of a misnomer because the flu always requires pigs to cross the species barriers. Pigs can be infected with variants of the flu that infect people and other animals, allowing for hybrid variants to arise (like this one). The fact people wear masks is a joke because the masks they wear are placebos - the will do nothing to prevent the spread of disease, only make the population feel safe. You need specially fitted filter masks to truly prevent the spread.

As things are right now, the only people who died are Mexicans with a lack of access to proper medical care or with incompetent doctors who misdiagnosed their disease. Therefore the flu will not affect developed countries as much as developing countries. For now I suspect the disease will have most of its effect on the southern hemisphere because of the incoming winter. The warm summer climate will help prevent the flu from really sustaining itself in the northern hemisphere. The flu transmits itself more efficiently and survives for longer and patients are infective for longer when its colder. Is it going to be a pandemic? Probably. The WHO already says that they can’t prevent it from spreading anymore. Is it going to be a repeat of the 1918 flu? I don’t think so. At this point, a lot of the panic is hot air. Only few places have much to worry about. The most we can hope for is that people will behave responsibly, which they already do not, as seen with the parents who brought their sick kid to Disney World to make him feel better. Things will get worse before they get better and right now we have no clue where the winds are blowing because a handful of cases / hundreds of millions means nothing. Its pointless to get stressed out until we see more significant changes. As is always with the flu, this is something to worry about if you are a young child, an old person or are immunocompromised.

And here I thought there was a cross-species variant of the flu that infects bullets and no one gives a shit because bullets don’t have feelings or a proper news media outlet.

Edit: On second thought, who gives a shit about bullets? about time we started fighting back! This is viral warfare you lead-based lifeform bitches!

What agenda will take root as a result of this pandemic fear mongering?

Well, whoop. There’s some good news. But they won’t sell papers, so they don’t get the big headlines.

“This virus doesn’t have anywhere near the capacity to kill like the 1918 virus,” which claimed an estimated 50 million victims worldwide, said Richard Webby, a leading influenza virologist at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, Tenn.

/—/

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the National Institutes of Health published genetic sequence data Monday morning of flu samples isolated from patients in California and Texas, and thousands of scientists immediately began downloading the information. Comparisons to known killers – such as the 1918 strain and the highly lethal H5N1 avian virus – have since provided welcome news.

“There are certain characteristics, molecular signatures, which this virus lacks,” said Peter Palese, a microbiologist and influenza expert at Mt. Sinai Medical Center in New York. In particular, the swine flu lacks an amino acid that appears to increase the number of virus particles in the lungs and make the disease more deadly.

-You are on the way to destruction.
-What you say !!
-You have no chance to survive make your time.
Ha ha ha ha…

Theres always going to be illnesses. Panicking does not help. The name ‘Swine Flu’ caused so much crap, mass murder of innocent piggies, they have announced they are supposed to call it by a scientific name now. H1N1 Influenza Strain A or something to that effect.

Its influenza A subtype H1N1, and that’s always been it’s scientific name, regardless of whether pigs in Egypt died for it or not :<

By the way, for those who haven’t heard, <a href = “http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090429/ap_on_he_me/ml_egypt_swine_flu”>Egypt doesn’t care about <strike>black people</strike> Catholics</a>

I think ill go eat some pork.

Tapeworm is way scarier than the flu. I’d stay away from the stuff.

I think tapeworm is worse too. Young youths dont get sick much worse than the flu. The reason it hits them harder is normally because they are already sick from something. Luckily you can’t get it from eating pork since its in the respiratory system.

That’s why you cook pork properly. Some people say the pork need not be white, but I prefer to cook it white as a safety precaution. Besides, the parasites are less common now in part due to regulations which help prevent the spread of worms.

I like the kind of food where it tastes bad if you do it wrong, rather than fills you with a parasitic hellbeast with lava for blood if you do it wrong. Tapeworms kill more people a year than every other cause of death combined. It can and will wipe out the population of the world in less than 260 days.

hahahahahahahaha

You guys should cook based on temperature, not color.