Super Mario 3

<i>Originally Posted by BahamutXero</i>
Anybody who doesn’t understand the greatness of SM3 and Tetris don’t have the right to play video games. Uriel, I noting a referece to Tetris in an earlier thread, not to you personally because you never mentioned Tetris. I just want to clarify that.

Dude, I didn’t say anything bad about SMB3, but I guess I will now, it’s too easy to beat, period. Watch these simple steps:

1. Beat levels 1-1, 1-2, & get the flute behind the end marker in 1-3.
2. Use the flute to go to world 3, get the next flutw and go to world 6, get the next flute and go to world 8.
3. Beat the levels needed to get to bowser, beat the game, done in about 1 & 1/2 hrs.

I also own the original cardtrige, so I can say in full confidence that I kick ass in that game, it’s just too easy for me, and my favorite mario 2-d games are Yoshi’s Island 1 & 2.

What are the bonuses in this version of SMB3, anyway? I saw the commercial once, and it looks just like the version that’s part of Mario All-stars. I’d consider buying a GBA version of MAS (if I had a GBA), but SMB3 alone doesn’t cut it for me.

The cart includes SMB3 and the original Mario Bros. game. Two player games are available when you link with a friend (or enemy, or pet…) - Mario and Luigi have slightly different abilities, and you can switch lives between them.

It seems like a big thing for this game is using an e-reader - it came with cards that you can scan to gain items, watch level-clearing demonstrations, and access previously unavailable levels (some classic, some new, some super-difficult). I think you can buy other cards to scan as well, and what you scan can be saved to the cart. I don’t have an e-reader, so I don’t care much about that. I didn’t even open the wrapper for the cards.

Originally posted by Uriel
I cheat by warping! :smiley:

Wow. You’re a wimp. I go through every single level every single time- and get all the white houses and warp whistles… but maybe I’m just obsessive.

I beat the game under 20 minutes, at least I think it was 20…

I saw a display for it at Wal-Mart some weeks ago. And almost yelled “WTF???” Shows how much I’ve been keeping up with the gaming world as of late…

What? There’s no flute in World 3 or 6. The Flutes are in world 1-3, the world 1 mini-fortress, and on the far right side of the map in world 2. Secondly, you cannot warp from world 6 to world 8.
World 1: Warp to World 2, 3, or 4
World 2-6: Warp to World 5, 6, or 7
World 7-9: Warp to World 8

Seriously, did you even play this game? It’s hard to say you kick ass at something when you make up total bullshit about it.

(World 9 is the Warp Zone by the way, it displays World 9 onscreen when you’re there, so technically you can use a whistle in world 1 to get to the warp zone, then use another inside to get to world 8.)

And I’m sorry I went off on that tangent Vicki, just had some wrong-proving to do.

By now I realize it can’t be helped - we’re all just a bunch of “Nyah nyah, I told you so, you’re wrong” types, lol. But yeah, you’re right. =)

I forgot how to get the white houses. I’m trying to finish the game on general principle, and I’ve gotten to world 8 without seeing a single white house.

The white mushroom houses:

Collect: 44 Coins in world 1-4, 30 coins in world 2-2, 44 coins in world 3-8, 22 coins in world 4-2, 28 coins in world 5-5, 78 coins in world 6-7, and 46 coins in world 7-2.

Wow Vicki, I’m surprised you didn’t like SMB3. That is one of the best IMO but then again I’m a big fan of SMW. Oh well, at least you’re attempting to complete it near 100% (I assume). I’d definately say I’d buy it if I didn’t own 3 copies of the game.

It may be a fantastic game in every respect, but on the other hand it was featured in the movie “The Wizard” which negates any positive aspects.

Originally posted by Sohee
[b]What? There’s no flute in World 3 or 6. The Flutes are in world 1-3, the world 1 mini-fortress, and on the far right side of the map in world 2. Secondly, you cannot warp from world 6 to world 8.
World 1: Warp to World 2, 3, or 4
World 2-6: Warp to World 5, 6, or 7
World 7-9: Warp to World 8

Seriously, did you even play this game? It’s hard to say you kick ass at something when you make up total bullshit about it.

(World 9 is the Warp Zone by the way, it displays World 9 onscreen when you’re there, so technically you can use a whistle in world 1 to get to the warp zone, then use another inside to get to world 8.)

And I’m sorry I went off on that tangent Vicki, just had some wrong-proving to do. [/b]

You took the words right out my mouth Sohee:hahaha; .

Originally posted by Cloth Hat
It may be a fantastic game in every respect, but on the other hand it was featured in the movie “The Wizard” which negates any positive aspects.

Hey! I actually liked that movie. It wasn’t the movie that degraded the game, it was the actors playing the game.

Man, seeing someone mention “The Wizard” brings back memories.

I remember one part in the movie where the kids were chased by the bad grownups, and the girl with them stops the chase by screaming “He touched my breast!” in a crowded place after one of the men catches her. See, everyone laughed back then, but it’s just not that funny now.

… we now return you to your regularly scheduled posting.

Im planning on buying the game anyways, so i might be interested. I was one of my favorite games when I was younger… but I lent it to a friend, nd he moved, Taking it with him… I got Kid Icarus out of the deal, but it still wasn’t a fair trade…

Use a Tanooki suit item, then enter a world with a hammer bros suit in it. go down into the room, and hit the block, turn into a statue so that the hammer bros suit bounces into you as a statue. Now you’re a gray Hammer Brother, and youre trapped in the room forever! hahahaha!