Suikoden question.

Or the fact that it has a 4 member battle system instead of 6, a universal item system rather than per character item equipping, has a severely different war battle system, there’s a severe dearth of regular magic runes that had been introduced to the series, only seven cities or so, and a lack of colorful characters. You’d have to be blind to say the only thing non-traditional about it is the ship.

So Suikoden 4 is like Final Fantasy pretty much, whilst the other Suikodens are more of a Final Fantasy Tactics?

They’re not really like Final Fantasy Tactics. The first two games are very traditional-style 2D RPGs.

No. Not at all. Suikoden 4 has a more generic battle system in the 4 member parties, shared inventory, etc. The other Suikodens are still traditional turn-based RPGs. All action input is done before each round starts, like Phantasy Star 4. See, that’s why there’s another game called Suikoden Tactics; it’s named that because it’s actually an SRPG.

Well, comparing the 4th installment to the others wouldn’t be fair, if you’re reviewing it as a game. I know it probably sucks compared to the other Suikoden games, but on it’s own, is it really good?

On its own, I’d say it’s an average game. It’s like the Godfather 3 of the series. Godfather 3 is by no means a HORRIBLE movie like everyone makes it out to be. It’s just not Godfather quality. So, Suikoden 4 is not a BAD game, it’s just not Suikoden quality.

In Suikoden 2, I’m about to go into the Greenhill mission, but my guide says I can recruit Wakaba and Tony in Forest Village. The problem is, they aren’t there. I talked to everyone, they aren’t anywhere. I already talked to Wakaba once when I went exploring before Muse’s fall and she said something about looking for opponents, but I didn’t get any dialogue options. Tony I have never seen. I am above level 30 and my castle is in it’s second phase. Help!

EDIT: Ok, that was odd. It seems that during the Greenhill mission every recruitable character just vanished, but they came back once it was over. After having to restart Grandia twice because of a bug, these things scare me quite a lot.

I’m somewhat nearing completion of Suiko II (Just beat Luca. Goddamnit I hate the war battle system in this one) and I’d like to know if I should consider doing anything special before transferring the data to Suiko III, like training X or Y character to a certain level or such. Yes, of course I’m getting the 108 characters.

Speaking of which, the Stars of Destiny have the lowest standards for recruitment I have ever seen. I used to think Serge from Chrono Cross was the worst, but at least he had the decency to recruit only people that could fight, I’m picking up anyone that just barely breathes :confused: