Suggestions...

You can loose your level in EQ if you die enough. Most MMOs indeed have substantial exp losses when you die. FFXI’s problem is that people play stupidly and will not improve because no one will teach them, or they refuse to learn. This in itself isnt so bad, except that everyone relies on one another. Some people can stand to “settle” for shit exp like 50 per fight (and no, I dont mean when they are chaining) and think that it is “good” exp. Thats retarded. Good exp is either 150-200+ OR chaining small amounts really fast. Anything else is a waste of time. Thats why I quit that game, I’m a college student and have a life so I can’t dedicate my every waking hour to FFXI. A level in that game comes with few rewards as well so there’s not much besides a cool lookng AF (artifact gear/Final Outfit that is class specific) to look forward to.

EQ > FFXI

The deleveling is a bit annoying, but with the game system it’s pretty neccesary. I mean, people could just go cap their skills on suicide runs with monsters 20 levels above them otherwise, which kinda removes the whole use of the skill system. You also don’t lose insane amounts of exp for a good while, and sometime after that finally starts happening mages get better raise spells etc. It’s really not that bad if you’re competent.

Izlude, looks like you needed more in-game friends and less bullshit Valkurm Dunes parties :stuck_out_tongue:

I was talking from an over all standpoint. I made it through Valkrum just fine because of my friends, but there are people (my girlfriend) who’ve been playing goddamn white mages for 3 months and havent got out of Valkrum… Then again, she never plays enough and isnt very good at it. But still… Shes a white mage!

I got like 6 white mage levels in 2 days in Dunes, what the fuck? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thats what I said to her. I leveled my WHM to 17 in two days. Oh well.

Point and case, FFXI required dedication, thats not easy for me. I like EQ because even if my friends leave me behind, the level gap for EQ is ALOT wider than FFXI. Then again, I’m also playing a DarkElf Necromancer so I dont even NEED a party. I’m a literal god in my own right… mwa hahahahaha

It’s not really needed since suicide runs would waste a lot of time. For one, an experience ebt would ruin the point of this. Two, tough battles take a lot longer therefore you sort of lose more in the long run since you’d have to spend so much time healing and fighting. Also, losign experience wouldn’t be so bad if you went to 0, not down a level. If you went to zero, you’d at least reach check points so to speak. Witht the current setup, you can have a bad day and lose weeks of work in a matter of hours.

Suicide runs wouldn’t waste a lot of time. Picture leveling your 1h axe skill, which you’ve grossly neglected for like 30 levels. Just gain a level, leave the party. set your homepoint at the entrance to some high level area, run in, hit something with your axe once or twice before you die. skillup. giving an experience debt wouldn’t stop this since it just means more leveling, your skill caps aren’t lowered. Also, if the exp debt was the same as the exp loss right now you’d be in the exact same boat, you’d still need to get the same amount of exp back. Also, there’s the fact that your party members do level, so if you’d have a lot of debt you couldn’t even continue partying due to the gap in levels.

Thank you for all the suggestions.
I took a look at all the MMOs introduced, and man…they all look good…
Thanks a lot.

City of Heroes, FFXI, and World of Warcraft are all good options depending on what kind of MMO you like. Go City of Heroes for a GTA style world, FFXI for FF, and World of Warcraft for an above average fantasy world.

But whatever you do, do not but Star Wars Galaxies. EVER.