Sudoku

Not a <I>video</I> game, so this should be the right forum.

I don’t know if anyone else has any experience with these little things, but I’ve been damn near addicted to them the last few days. Basically, it’s kind of like a crossword puzzle, but with numbers. You get a 9x9 grid, seperated into 3x3 “regions.” You have to place the numerals 1 through 9 into the grid, making sure you don’t repeat any numbers horizontally, vertically, or in the same region.

I found a couple of online sudoku games (most notably <A HREF=“http://www.websudoku.com/”>this one</A>), and they’re pretty damn tough.

I hear they’re pretty popular in Europe and southeast Asia. Never seen 'em anywhere here in the states.

I saw the Wikipedia featured article on them and tried that Websudoku site. It took a little getting used to first, but I think I’ve got the hang of them somewhat. Pretty fun to do when you have nothing else to do.

One of our city newspapers has one of these every day.

Yeah, our local newspaper started printing a new puzzle daily, starting about a week ago. This came after a giant, full-page article on it’s popularity.

Too bad, because I really suck at them.

That’s so crazy. My local daily paper did the exact same thing last week.

It’s like a worldwide launch or something.

I haven’t noticed them in the Dallas Morning News yet, but it’s usually really slow to catch on to anything that people find entertaining.

the paper here only has jumbles. I wish they had more logic stuff. I crave a newspaper with a chess puzzle.

[STRIKE]My local paper has one every week. I’ve never tried them since I don’t have a subscription for Sunday editions.[/STRIKE]

Edit: No it doesn’t. I thought they were something else.

Yeah, my math teacher gave me an article about it and it’s fad that most newspapaers are using now. It’s pretty neat, though.

Looks fun. I’ll poke the puzzle department at work about it.