Such awaited sanctuary.

Yeah, but he’s like, always in the chat, and not here. When I was not banned in the chat, I’d probably do 100 posts a year.

Excuses. You still post a metric fuckton.

Actually, aside from this being my week where I have the computer to myself so I can shrine etc., I’m on the computer for about an hour or two a day. I’m not always in the chat and I rarely post because there’s nothing good to post on. You’re a prime example, the forums are so starved for something to post about they post in your shitty threads and thus boost your post count because all you do is play the alternate post game. You post on topic, someone else posts, you post off topic, someone else posts, you post off topic, someone else posts. And so on and so forth.

Why don’t we just get rid of the post count? Or at least make them visible only to Staffers?

I mean, far as I know the only reason to increase the count is to ‘earn’ the ability to customize Avatars and Titles. Why not give these for free? Many other Forums do.

That’s not the point. It’s a tool, or incentive, to post more. But if you post against the rules, then it’s reset. So, it’s really a tool to behave.

Except most of us don’t care about the post count EITHER way.

We should celebrate things with more meaning, like the ACTUAL anniversaries of membership.

If we have been members for years, that means the site means something to us, and that’s something we should say.

Which reminds me, This April I’ll have been an official member for 3 years. My thanks to RPGC’s maintainers, and to all the people who have been nice to me here.

So you consider yourself to be behaving?

And how is it not the point, if people are spamming to raise their postcounts just to be able to feel special because they now have a WOW! custom title or some other stupid shit like that, then the options are to keep smacking peoples postcounts or do like Wil said and just give out titles. Or the admin could go even farther and just ban postcount whores.

Also, join date doesnt fucking matter. Be recognized without being stupid as shit, or blend in with the time to time crowd. This is a community and should accept new people without being too judgemental because they just fucking came here. Do you automatically hate your new neighbors before they even move in?
(Rhetorical, so if you answer that I hope your brain explodes)

I’m not really arguing against you Wil, even if it looks that way.

So give me Sanctuary from the law
And I’ll be alright
Just give me Sanctuary from the law
And love me tonight…tonight

Did you think that all of this wouldn’t have happened if you made such a thread? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And dude, last time I looked at your post count, I could have sworn that you were at like, 14 or something.

Oh I knew this thread would bring said discussion. I’m kind of unhappy it did, however. I try to avoid all trouble if able.

My postcount was 14 like, 5 months ago.

Could you do me a favor and add the posts that they take away from you to my post count instead?

Wait. You guys have to manually allow people to have custom titles, correct? You have to change their member group or something? Well, since I was ‘authorized’, 'cause I can change my title freely, does that mean that my postcount won’t be reset?

Sorry, it’s an automated process, which we can undo quite quickly. The 1000+ posters membergroup is a relic of the ancient past after we whiped the boards and people were whining about not being able to change their titles anymore.

oh, HELL yes, it’ll most likely be reset. And we can remove your custom title, you know, even give you a permanent embarassing title if we wanted to. But I doubt we will.

Let him have his post count and let the spamming stop. Geez.

Why would you say “hell yes”? Does it make you feel good that I won’t have a member title?

No need to apologize… :<

Quit while you are ahead, and end it here.

1. Impressive. Except, how many of those posts actually contributed ANYTHING at all? Maybe 50 at most? Probably more around 25? Man fool. In the past 24 hours, you’ve posted 101 posts that count towards your post count. 101. That’s just fucking sad. Since Saturday morning, it’s around 141 posts. My lord man. Get a life.

Very few people have gotten that honor, and Setz isn’t nearly as annoying as them.

Pikapikapikapi! =P

Edit: In response to 984’s post, he is posting more then everyone did after the great delition, hell I felt I was spamming like mad then and I got less posts in the same amount of time.

I’m sure it’s easily possible to get 100+ posts on a forum in a day. I spent a total of about 8 hours on the Agora yesterday. 8 hours yields about 525 possible posts, assuming you are fast enough to make one post every 70 seconds. I don’t see how 100 posts is a lot in 8 hours.